Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the path to 6 wins now??

Started by jkstock04, September 25, 2017, 09:03:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 11:10:49 am
All accurate statements but remember that this new found offense has happened before under Bielema only to go right back to not scoring at all even versus bad teams. Hell, it even happens in same game: see Missouri and Va Tech games from last season. Like Nutt, Bielema does not seem to be able to bottle and recreate his successes. They just sort of appear out of nowhere than the team reverts to its former self the very next game.

So true, he also does not seem to "win the game he shouldnt" like Nutt would that was Nutt's only redeeming quality.  So one of these obvious wins will almost certainly be a loss, and since we cannot count on a 'surprise" win against like Auburn i don't think we get to 6.

I do have a vision of Hayden and Hammonds running the Wildhog 2.0  if we do that with Kelley for short yards goal line RPO's maybe we can score some points.

Con el Cerdos

There isn't a path to 6 wins, IMO.  I'll stick to my preseason 4 - 8 prediction.  If Missouri has a good day offensively against the Hogs, it might be no better than a 3 - 8 season.

Youngsta71701

From what I've seen so far every game on our schedule is winnable except for the Alabama and Auburn games. It just depends on what Razorback team shows up.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

September 25, 2017, 11:45:33 am #53 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:31:32 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: jkstock04 on September 25, 2017, 09:03:29 am
Take a look at the rest of the schedule:

Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE - Win
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* - Win
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* - Loss
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* - Loss
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* - Win
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA - Win
Nov. 11 – at LSU* - Loss
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* Loss
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* - Win
After further review I'm changing the LSWho game to a win.

1highhog

Quote from: RedRover10 on September 25, 2017, 10:42:12 am
We upset someone every year

Let's hope we can upset New Mexico State this Saturday then.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 25, 2017, 11:43:51 am
From what I've seen so far every game on our schedule is winnable except for the Alabama and Auburn games. It just depends on what Razorback team shows up.

so, which team do you want to see.. the TCU version or the A & M version?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 25, 2017, 12:24:06 pm
so, which team do you want to see.. the TCU version or the A & M version?
The first half A&M version when we were up 21-7 lol.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 25, 2017, 10:58:55 am
How exciting that Razorback football has come down to searching for a 6 win season.

Welcome to the new reality. We are below Vandy & Kentucky now.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Arkansas Fan

Do we honestly want to go to a bowl game? It would only make our bowl record look worse than it already is.

Simple Swineman

We will lose to Bama and Auburn then win out. Those are the only two teams left that we don't match up well against. We possibly lose one that we should win (as seems to be standard practice).

Can't believe I'm saying it, but by looking at the schedule I see 8-4 or 7-5.

jgphillips3

A&M sucks and made us look better than we are.  Yes, the cupcakes, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Missouri are our best hope for 6 wins.  I sure as Hell wouldn't bet on us to win 6 though.  I figure, realistically, 5-7 is what we are looking at. 

GoHogs1091

I don't really see a path.

The only wins that could happen.

New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Ole Miss
Missouri

Yes, we get Mississippi State at home, but Fitzgerald could very well make that game a loss.

Al Boarland

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:10:25 am
Auburn is doable at home. Revenge factor

Is that like "being due" to beat A&M?

Al Boarland

Quote from: Simple Swineman on September 25, 2017, 06:56:20 pm
We will lose to Bama and Auburn then win out. Those are the only two teams left that we don't match up well against. We possibly lose one that we should win (as seems to be standard practice).

Can't believe I'm saying it, but by looking at the schedule I see 8-4 or 7-5.

I can't believe you are saying it either.

PygmalionEffect2

Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* - Loss
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* - Loss
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* - Win
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* - Loss
Nov. 11 – at LSU* - Win
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* Loss

6-6

I'm going to the Auburn game and we always win the game that I choose to attend every year.

Obviously I don't make many games in person.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

code red

Win the OC games cocks, rebs and Mizzou.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 25, 2017, 10:57:04 am
I think they are far from being worse than us.
If they run the ball every down...they beat us....plus it's in death valley.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

davglo35

Them NMS boys are lickin their chops right now after watching film of the mighty razorbacks today! 4 maybe 5 if someone goes to sleep on us.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: 311Hog on September 25, 2017, 10:58:11 am
they are not good on offense.  but they are playing at home.  gotta hope it isn't a night game.

If they can run the ball they will be extremely hard to beat.

East Clintwood

My pre-season prediction was 6-6 and I stated I was being extremely generous at that.

I shouldn't have been generous.  We're much worse than I thought

The on;y way I see us getting 6 victories is if two teams forfeit to us.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

devildoghawg

You could probably add this year and next year and hit 6, well...maybe.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

The issues are that every team we face going forward should get better weekly as should we.  LSU has a new HC who should get get better with his team.  We will not beat LSU.  I think S. Car will hand us our asses.  I am hopeful we can muster enough to beat OM and MO.  Unless 1 or 2 teams suffer really bad injuries or other turmoil, we are 4-8 or 5-7.  We have the worst HC and staff in the SEC as far as production on the field goes.  Just the way it is.

I said all summer that BB would tighten the screws and play for a new contract as I felt Long would be encouraging him to do.  I felt BB had it in him to actually turn it on for 6 months.  But I was wrong.  He simply hasn't got it in him.  He is what we see and suffer for.  A chance at a bowl game this season depends on several teams we play having additional and above average troubles and us not suffering major additional injuries.  These players have the ability to pull together  and play all together sometimes without having leadership push it.  Right there is the only real hope we have to reach a bowl.

Rzbakfromwaybak

I think we can do it.....if given 2 years....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

311Hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 25, 2017, 09:11:14 pm
If they can run the ball they will be extremely hard to beat.

i hear their OL is suspect and QB is not mobile so that has to help our cause.

logic

Quote from: Grag T on September 25, 2017, 09:53:08 am
I agree with that.

Still, pretty sad that here we are, hoping we can find a way to win a stunning SIX games this season.
Win 4, 5, or 6 games; it doesn't much matter. Who cares if we go to a no name bowl?

farmhawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 25, 2017, 09:59:01 am
We are literally 2 or 3 plays from being 3-0 and people talking about 10 wins. The truth is, the league sucks. Lsu is terrible, so is ole miss, miss st., mizzou has the worst defense in college football, they are truly horrible. Ole miss is bad. We have 2 cupcakes. USCE is terrible. We are bad. But there are a lot of teams worse. This is the worst the sec has ever been.

Arkansas will win 7 games.
5 years and a down conference. We just suck.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Razor1997

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 25, 2017, 11:43:51 am

Maybe if it's the 2010 team that shows up.

HawgTrough

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 25, 2017, 07:04:44 pm
I don't really see a path.

The only wins that could happen.

New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Ole Miss
Missouri

Yes, we get Mississippi State at home, but Fitzgerald could very well make that game a loss.

if Mullen doesn't ease up on Fitz, he may not make it to the Fayetteville game
WPS

Pistol Pig Maravich

axharbor

They have us going 4-8.  Didn't hit me until just now that we are the only team in SEC, other than Missouri, with a losing record.  Only predicted to finish 1 game better than Missouri...  Sick of being bad...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/espns-fpi-projects-every-sec-west-teams-final-record/?utm_source=SEC+FANS&utm_campaign=001b9ab308-RSS_TAMU_HF&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ec9195cc38-001b9ab308-337605429&mc_cid=001b9ab308&mc_eid=4135b90b3b

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 09:09:28 am
He's going to lose to Alabama and Missouri.  It's what he does.  So I'm going with:

New Mexico St., South Carolina, Auburn, Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina.

Auburn doesn't impress me.

They didn't impress me last year prior to our meeting.

East Clintwood

Quote from: 311Hog on September 25, 2017, 10:58:11 am
they are not good on offense.  but they are playing at home.  gotta hope it isn't a night game.

Probably won't be.  I think all of out remaining games this season except Mizzu will be 11 am games.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

idochog

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:10:25 am
Auburn is doable at home. Revenge factor

Based on that logic, we should have killed A&M because they have beat us 5 straight
I love Jesus!

lakecityhog

A while back the debate was which 2 games were the key to our season and several games were mentioned. Many thought that TCU/Texas A&M were very important, we went 0-2 for those.

So now in my mind the USCe game is the biggest game of the year, assuming that we take care of business with NMSU. Win those 2 and we are back to +1 and we do have a chance to win 6. Coastal gives us win #4 and we are only 2 wins from making it to 6.

I simply cannot see this team beating an Alabama team this year so that leaves us with 4 other chances. I'm not sure that we can win a shootout with a team capable of scoring  a lot of points and both Mississippi schools plus Missouri fit that mold. Can we over power LSU?

To get to 6 we have to pull 2 out of our hat and my guess is that the Home Field can maybe get us over the hump against Ole Miss and Missouri. Can we pull an upset and beat LSU on the road?? If we could that would be a major coup for BB. Finishing 7-5 would be more than we realistically should be hoping for right now.

shotgun7

Oct. 14 – at Alabama*- Likely loss
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* - Win
Nov. 11 – at LSU* - Win
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* - Toss Up

Still have a chance at a decent season...

From Tusk Till Dawn

Im as disappointed as everyone else that we are where we are.  But if im being realistic theres only 2-3 teams that look the part in the SEC this year.  So who are we so scared of?  Leaving bama out of the convo, who do we think isnt beatable.  Is the consensus that we dont have a punchers chance against the rest of the west?  I think 7-5 is doable.

shotgun7

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on September 26, 2017, 08:48:56 pm
Im as disappointed as everyone else that we are where we are.  But if im being realistic theres only 2-3 teams that look the part in the SEC this year.  So who are we so scared of?  Leaving bama out of the convo, who do we think isnt beatable.  Is the consensus that we dont have a punchers chance against the rest of the west?  I think 7-5 is doable.
+1

farmhawg

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on September 26, 2017, 08:48:56 pm
Nice second poast.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RazorChuck

3 and 9, no bowl and the same next year.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 25, 2017, 09:03:29 am
Take a look at the rest of the schedule:

Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina*
Oct. 14 – at Alabama*
Oct. 21 – AUBURN*
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss*
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA
Nov. 11 – at LSU*
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE*
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI*

New Mexico State, either Ole Miss or MS. ST., Coastal Carolina, & Missouri.  5-7 for the season.  In Bret's 5th year. 

Arkansas has not won a conference championship in football since 1989.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: shotgun7 on September 26, 2017, 08:44:32 pm
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* - Win
Nov. 11 – at LSU* - Win

Similar to my thoughts. Preseason I thought this would be an 8-4 year with 9-3 best case and 7-5 worst case. I still see it that way now that I've seen all the other teams play.

Preseason I had us with definite losses to Bama and LSU. Then splitting between TCU, A&M, USCe, and Auburn. That's 8-4.

After watching the first few weeks I see that TCU is far better than I expected and LSU is far worse than I expected. Other than that, I haven't seen anything that would change my mind.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: shotgun7 on September 26, 2017, 08:44:32 pm
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* - Win
Nov. 11 – at LSU* - Win

I want some of what you're smoking....  ;D ;D :o 8) ???
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HognotinMemphis

So many here are extremists. It's 9-3 before the season then 3-9 once their optimistic bubble has been burst.

I said 6-6 before the season and I still think 6-6 will be the outcome. 3-5 in SEC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

shotgun7

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on September 27, 2017, 09:59:44 am
I want some of what you're smoking....  ;D ;D :o 8) ???
Alabama is the only team on the schedule that will likely demolish us, if we can get a few things figured out we have a decent chance against the rest so why not.

Hawgphat

Heavily grown over with weeds with thistles, and with a huge fallen tree across it.

jkstock04

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 27, 2017, 07:06:32 pm
So many here are extremists. It's 9-3 before the season then 3-9 once their optimistic bubble has been burst.

I said 6-6 before the season and I still think 6-6 will be the outcome. 3-5 in SEC.
Did you have A&M and TCU as losses with us going 6-6?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcard1964

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 27, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

I had us at 7-5 and am still holding with that.  We still have winnable games against NMSU, USCe, Auburn, Coastal Carolina, LSU and Mizzou.

KennyForAD

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.