Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proof the SEC is rigging games.

Started by zark, October 18, 2009, 03:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zark

Referees will discuss a call with a coach if the ref deems the call "legit".  You see this all the time.  Referees discussing with coaches about what transpired to create the penalty.  Not once after a bad call did I see a referee discussing anything to our coach.

How do you look a man in the eye and explain yourself when you know your hosing him..............you can't.   

That's the biggest tell of the officiating bias.  Referees are more than willing to explain a call unless they are pandering to the powers that be.

A team usually can be hosed by simply allowing a team to hold, like Alabama every year.  But when a team plays exceptionally well and the allowed holding and PI won't suffice, and the team is overcoming the bias.......then it's time to throw the flags.

The SEC had to resort to flags to beat the hogs.  The holding, clipping, PI differential wasn't enough, they had to make darn up.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

lahawg1

Referee: Marc Curles  •  Umpire: Ronnie Jones  •  Linesman: Randall Kizer  •  Line judge: Michael Shirey  •  Back judge: Michael Watson  •  Field judge: Greg Thomas  •  Side judge: Jesse Dupuy  •  Scorer: Steve Howard  • 

I hope we never see these guys again....

Pig Latin

well i will be the first to say that Steve Howard was on top of his game.  He did not mess the score up one time!!!
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

Steef

Quote from: zark on October 18, 2009, 03:34:06 am
Referees will discuss a call with a coach if the ref deems the call "legit".  You see this all the time.  Referees discussing with coaches about what transpired to create the penalty.  Not once after a bad call did I see a referee discussing anything to our coach.

How do you look a man in the eye and explain yourself when you know your hosing him..............you can't.   

That's the biggest tell of the officiating bias.  Referees are more than willing to explain a call unless they are pandering to the powers that be.

A team usually can be hosed by simply allowing a team to hold, like Alabama every year.  But when a team plays exceptionally well and the allowed holding and PI won't suffice, and the team is overcoming the bias.......then it's time to throw the flags.

The SEC had to resort to flags to beat the hogs.  The holding, clipping, PI differential wasn't enough, they had to make crap up.

Every bit of that occurred against us in the Bama game too.

Except Bama was better than Florida on that day. And we were worse.

Kingfish

Someday MAYBE we'll figure it out...the SEC doesn't WANT Arkansas in the league.  If they could, they would throw us under the bus if a 'better-fit' became available.

But no one is going to derail the SEC championship game from being the "National Championship" game...isn't gonna happen.

And I am not a kook who thinks it was collusion on the part of the SEC or the officials at the game.  It was all unspoken...its a case of NO official wanted be the guy that screws up the 'plans'.  No one is going to go against Alabama or Florida. 

The official that does would be out of the SEC in a matter of a couple of years and back in CUSA or Sun Belt and their career would be over...all because they made a call(or no call) that cost the SEC their dream game.  And they KNOW it would be the case.

ark30inf

Quote from: Kingfish on October 18, 2009, 07:56:59 am
It was all unspoken...its a case of NO official wanted be the guy that screws up the 'plans'.  No one is going to go against Alabama or Florida.

You are on the money here, and it is the same in all conferences.  You are not going to be the referee that blew the conferences National Champ Game money.  You are not going to be the referee that knocked out the conferences only ranked team.  You are not going to be the referee who lost the conference a chance at some bowl money.

Hogphilia

But the SEC seems to have no problem screwing the HOgs when they are ranked highly....

Remember Andre Patilla giving the SEC conference tournament game to Georgia when they played us in the Pyramid at Memphis?  Remember him placing the ball on the floor and counting to 5 before EITHER team could get onto the floor so that he could call a 5 second call and award the ball to UGA....this was at crunch time at the end of the game and this call beat us.  (Oh, and by the way, this is the same official that gave our crowd the finger at Fayetteville a few seasons later)

Hog inAustin

...and thats the way it is and always has been...it was the same in the SWC days...makes it tougher.  Maybe the blatency of yesterdays calls and the media attention, not just the comments from us fans, will get someone in the SEC office's attention...WPS, Beat Ole Miss!!!

hamARchy in the USA

It's one thing for there to be a bad call during a game but another to have more than one bad call and no-call on a critical late game drive.  That's not coincidence, it's a pattern.  It makes me think that some of the officials have skin in the game.  I don't believe there could be a conspiracy with the SEC office to make sure a particular team wins .... there's too many divided loyalties and someone would speak out when his team was the patsy ... but there certainly could be individual officials and more than one on a crew who have money riding on the outcome.

Those guys need investigating.

CowHog

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: lahawg1 on October 18, 2009, 06:57:18 am
Referee: Marc Curles  •  Umpire: Ronnie Jones  •  Linesman: Randall Kizer  •  Line judge: Michael Shirey  •  Back judge: Michael Watson  •  Field judge: Greg Thomas  •  Side judge: Jesse Dupuy  •  Scorer: Steve Howard  • 

How do we find out what games they work next?  I would totally contribute to a banner :D

Porkys Revenge

I will contribute to banner. Somebody find Reaganite.

Acorn hog

Quote from: ark30inf on October 18, 2009, 09:12:10 am
You are on the money here, and it is the same in all conferences.  You are not going to be the referee that blew the conferences National Champ Game money.  You are not going to be the referee that knocked out the conferences only ranked team.  You are not going to be the referee who lost the conference a chance at some bowl money.

100% on the money!

hamARchy in the USA

College football is big business now with careers, Heisman campaigns, and lots of money at stake.  It would not be a surprise to see a school file a lawsuit when a game such as the one yesterday is thrown by the officials.

beenthere

As always, follow the money! I don't think it is anti-Arkansas but pro money. Obviously the SEC title matchup between unbeaten Ala and unbeaten Fla with thw winner going to Pasedena would be huge for the conference. I think any other team in the same circumstances as we are would get the same treatment.

It will be a struggle, but the way this team is playing and being coached we will be among the "Haves" next year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: zark on October 18, 2009, 03:34:06 am

The SEC had to resort to flags to beat the hogs.  The holding, clipping, PI differential wasn't enough, they had to make crap up.
Very well said and 100% correct. I would only add the use of replay is also used to screw you. But when a team just won't let you screw the other guy (like, say, by fumbling every timr they cheat their way down the field), and you have to break out the phantom 15 yarders, that is just out of hand. I don't really see that kind of bias in the NFL> Letting a team cover the spread, sure, NFL refs will do that. But to NEVER call Holding on Florida all game? Or PI? WTH? Then to say, "yeah, I would say, definately, sure the Hogs committed 1000% more penalties than Florida@!" 100 yards to 10. Like I said on the SEC voicemail, "Disgraceful".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lahawg1 on October 18, 2009, 06:57:18 am

FOI each and every one of the a-holes phones!\
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pignatious

If that wasn't obvious to everyone that the refs helped out Florida to win this game to promote the Alabama-Florida SEC title match up, then you weren't paying attention. That was a blatant stealing of the game from Arkansas. They could not have little unranked Arkansas spoiling the party they are planning, and the millions of dollars in revenue that will be generated from a 1 vs. 2 matchup. The fix was in.
Freedom is never free.

pedrothelion

Didn't Ralph Nader file a class action law suite against the NBA several years ago for the class that transpired in the Kings v. Lakers play off series (I think it was 2000 or 2001)?  I wish someone would do something like that again to the SEC. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pedrothelion on October 18, 2009, 11:53:32 am
Didn't Ralph Nader file a class action law suite against the NBA several years ago for the class that transpired in the Kings v. Lakers play off series (I think it was 2000 or 2001)?  I wish someone would do something like that again to the SEC.
Can we get a Pro Bono Mastermind Alliance of Litagters for the dirty rotten cheats?

Hog Milanese

No doubt they rig them. No doubt, now. It can't be ignored.

nlrwildcat1

It was the same crew as the lsu-gerogia game

pesterhog

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on October 18, 2009, 10:45:04 am
College football is big business now with careers, Heisman campaigns, and lots of money at stake.  It would not be a surprise to see a school file a lawsuit when a game such as the one yesterday is thrown by the officials.

Can we do that ?