Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bruce Pearl Job in jeopardy!

Started by rhog1, November 08, 2017, 04:08:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21342267/bruce-pearl-job-jeopardy-cooperate-auburn-internal-investigation

Auburn men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl is refusing to cooperate in the school's internal investigation into his program, and university officials have advised him that that his job is in jeopardy if he doesn't, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Looks like Pearl may be facing a no win scenario. Cooperate and get indicted by the FBI or don't Cooperate and Get Fired at Auburn.

Razorod

Both Bama and Auburn taking some pretty major hits.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

thebignasty

Bruce Pearl caught up in a controversy about cheating. 

If only there had been a way to see it coming.
Eat darn barners

chiefhawg

Why is he still the coach? He already had baggage when hired. This should not even be a discussion item.

rhog1

Quote from: thebignasty on November 08, 2017, 04:40:50 pm

Eat darn barners
Shocking isn't it. Who would ever believe Bruce Pearl would cheat.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: thebignasty on November 08, 2017, 04:40:50 pm

Eat darn barners

You made me laugh. Too funny.
Hogs up! Covid down!

King Kong

The last thing he was caught on was weak and if the UT lawyer wasn't incompetent they would have got away with it.

This is a much bigger deal

Fan701

It's amazing he still has his job, shows Auburn is a win-at-all-costs school.  It was obvious when the story first broke that he'd have to be fired, talk about your dead man walking.  On the one hand, what's happening at Auburn and Alabama is going to hurt SEC basketball.  On the other hand, at least these two teams we'll face will be without some players who were gotten by cheating.  The SEC won't be as good, but more level playing field for us.

hogwood

Quote from: Razorod on November 08, 2017, 04:25:57 pm
Both Bama and Auburn taking some pretty major hits.

Maybe we can swoop in on more Birmingham kids from now on.

Dr. Starcs

I'm sure the sec network will be waiting with pen in hand to hire him again. Puke.

hobhog

Birminghog

Quote from: Fan701 on November 08, 2017, 06:12:16 pm
It's amazing he still has his job, shows Auburn is a win-at-all-costs school.  It was obvious when the story first broke that he'd have to be fired, talk about your dead man walking.  On the one hand, what's happening at Auburn and Alabama is going to hurt SEC basketball.  On the other hand, at least these two teams we'll face will be without some players who were gotten by cheating.  The SEC won't be as good, but more level playing field for us.

I agree with you, yet there are those who don't care if we cheat in football, as long as we win. Smh.

jackflash

second school he's been in trouble with NCAA if this comes true he will be done

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jackflash on November 09, 2017, 12:24:00 am
second school he's been in trouble with NCAA if this comes true he will be done

I don't know, how many teams has Calamari gotten in trouble and left in ashes, and he still has a job... winner's, even if they lie and cheat, will find a home..

kaki

Quote from: King Kong on November 08, 2017, 05:49:14 pm
The last thing he was caught on was weak and if the UT lawyer wasn't incompetent they would have got away with it.

This is a much bigger deal
I always thought UT allowed the NCAA to extract blood from Pearl and the basketball program (that they cared little for) to protect the football program (that they cared much about).  Seems that Lane Kiffin was pretty fast and loss during his time in Knoxville and it would not have been nice for the NCAA to do much snooping around.

FineAsSwine

I always thought he was a little shady so I would be glad to see him get the ax.
Hogs up! Covid down!