Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eric Curry

Started by niels_boar, January 13, 2018, 12:50:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

Just wondering, would he be able to play right away if he transferred somewhere since he is already sitting this year out with an injury?  Pitino may not survive the Lynch allegations, especially since injuries to other starters are adding to Minnesota's misery on the court.  Curry would be a nice get with three years of eligibility if his knee is sound and would be plug-and-play if Gafford jumps to the next level.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Razorod

Quote from: niels_boar on January 13, 2018, 12:50:56 pm
Just wondering, would he be able to play right away if he transferred somewhere since he is already sitting this year out with an injury?  Pitino may not survive the Lynch allegations, especially since injuries to other starters are adding to Minnesota's misery on the court.  Curry would be a nice get with three years of eligibility if his knee is sound and would be plug-and-play if Gafford jumps to the next level.
Very intriguing thought/idea. Don't know much about Minnesota's situation, but it's not good and doesn't look good going forward. If the scenario you presented could work out, then that would also free up Anderson to go and get J. Franklin since Curry could play the five in Anderson's system. You'd have Curry, Henderson and Chaney who could all give minutes at the five moving forward.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

Wish it would happen. But not counting on it.

hogwood

Best scenario would be if Gafford stays and we get Curry to come on with space created by a transfer.

Lineup next season could be:

Gafford
Curry
Hall
Garland (I hope)... or Jones
Harris

That is a good starting 5. Our problem would be experience off the bench. Also adding another big like Curry really makes our lineups much for forward oriented. Personally I would be curious to see what this looks like on a CMA team. With all the quick and athletic forwards we'd have (Gafford, Curry, Hall, Henderson, Chaney, Bailey, Phillips, Osabuohien?) I would think this would look pretty damn scary. As long as the guards can pass, shoot well from 3, and know how to attack the rim/slash (and pass out once penetrating), I think being heavy on forwards is advantageous.

cardinalhawg

I would not think he would be able to play immediately and that he would fall under the transfer rules if sitting out at the next school even though he is not playing this year due to medical issues.  If there was mutual interest, I think he would be a good addition.  Obviously, a scholarship would need to open up, but I think he would be a good get especially if he can play immediately. 

King Kong

He would not be eligible right away. NCAA should make it where a player can transfer immediately after a RS or Injury RS IMO. But they don't

niels_boar

Quote from: King Kong on January 16, 2018, 12:04:30 pm
He would not be eligible right away. NCAA should make it where a player can transfer immediately after a RS or Injury RS IMO. But they don't

Thanks.  IMO Players should also be eligible immediately if the coach is fired.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Razorod

Quote from: King Kong on January 16, 2018, 12:04:30 pm
Sheer speculation here, but he'd be the type of player eligible for a medical rs or sixth year if he also sits out a transfer year. Is that correct?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: niels_boar on January 16, 2018, 01:42:29 pm
Thanks.  IMO Players should also be eligible immediately if the coach is fired.

Yeah, I understand why they don't. To avoid a mass exodus destroying programs. But unfair for the kids for sure.

jjdlc

It's possible given his distance from home, he might could file for immediate eligibility transferring here.  Of course this is all speculation, is there any indication he wants to transfer?

Hawg Red

Quote from: jjdlc on January 16, 2018, 10:16:20 pm
It's possible given his distance from home, he might could file for immediate eligibility transferring here.  Of course this is all speculation, is there any indication he wants to transfer?

There is no hardship waiver for transfers anymore. Not option. Now, the NCAA is looking at allowing players to transfer without sitting out as long as their GPA meets a certain standard, but that is just a discussion at this point and would be his only shot at transferring anywhere without sitting out.

jjdlc

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 17, 2018, 09:18:10 am
There is no hardship waiver for transfers anymore. Not option. Now, the NCAA is looking at allowing players to transfer without sitting out as long as their GPA meets a certain standard, but that is just a discussion at this point and would be his only shot at transferring anywhere without sitting out.

Wow, didn't know they had done away with the hardship waiver, when did that happen?

Hawg Red