Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys To The Game (OU)

Started by Nolan's Boots, November 23, 2017, 12:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nolan's Boots

November 23, 2017, 12:22:02 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:36:23 pm by Hampagne Life
Well here we are Hog fanatic's. First big game of the year. Woke up with my girlfriend's dog staring at me like he's finally ready to accept me into the family and stop treating me like I'm the reason there's no room for him in mommy's bed anymore.  Or maybe he was just looking to see how long it was before I noticed my Jack Links Beef Jerkey was missing off the dresser. Hard to tell with animals.  Anyways I began to think what will it take to send The Sooners into the losers bracket. 

Look for OU to go at our bigs early to try and get them in foul trouble. We've already shown the ability for our guards to drive and score, drive and kick, and shoot the 3 so its a pick your poison for the opposition. OU is a great rebounding team led by Khadeem Latin so Id expect them to try and take away the lanes and bank on rebounding our missed shots from deep.  This Arkansas team appears to embrace going to get the boards like no other Hog team I've seen in many years so this will be something to keep an eye on.

OU plays mostly man to man so don't expect to see much zone from either squad. OU is led by. 6'2 freshman Mcdonalds All American Trae Young. He's a high volume scorer who has never met a shot he doesn't like. He's a great passer and can get by his man with ease so if I am the opposing Coach I'd be game planning to let him shoot his team out of the game (.39 fg%) and limit his assist opportunities (11.5 apg).

Also if early season games in college are any indication you can expect some (expletive deleted) calls this game. I hope the zebra's let the players decide the game. A lot of times in these games you'll get refs that act like they've never seen pressure defense before.

(Summary)
If the hogs can keep anyone else not named Trae Young from going off, keep our bigs out of foul trouble, and we get hot from deep I can see the Hogs running away with this one. If our bigs get in early foul trouble and we are unable to score from 3 I see a much more competitive game and maybe even a Hog loss. I'd say the X factors in this game is Trey Thompson having a solid game and the ability of our freshman to shake off the jitters and just play their game.

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. A Hampagne toast to a Hog win.
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

deserthog

Enjoyed your post and I have had several toasts! With Arizona losing in their tournament, maybe the refs aren't going to make sure it's a Michigan State North Carolina final.

Nolan's Boots

Survive and advance..  Bring on them High Heels Baby!!!!!
Wooooooo pig sooiee!!
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha