Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analysts and Recruiting

Started by AHiD, February 24, 2018, 10:45:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AHiD

Does anyone know the rules regarding an analyst's interactions with recruits/current players?
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

Gonna bump this once and then leave it alone
My name...is Jerruh

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No... BUT I would think it's the same rules that apply to you or me.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteDoes anyone know the rules regarding an analyst's interactions with recruits/current players?

No, I truly wouldn't...... sorry pilgrim.

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

bphi11ips

An analyst as in the guys who rank recruits?  I don't think there are any rules directed at them specifically. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 24, 2018, 10:45:20 pm
Does anyone know the rules regarding an analyst's interactions with recruits/current players?

Like was said above, no different than any of us. They'll have any plenty of contact , text/DM's, with those that wish to engage. I've heard many of talk about  recruit "XYZ" was hard to get in touch with or get him to say anything. Lots of them are more than happy to get on the radio with RD , while some don't answer their phone and their coach has to be the source of info.

AHiD

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2018, 02:50:12 pm
An analyst as in the guys who rank recruits?  I don't think there are any rules directed at them specifically.

Like an offensive analyst
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2018, 02:50:41 pm
Like was said above, no different than any of us. They'll have any plenty of contact , text/DM's, with those that wish to engage. I've heard many of talk about  recruit "XYZ" was hard to get in touch with or get him to say anything. Lots of them are more than happy to get on the radio with RD , while some don't answer their phone and their coach has to be the source of info.

See my above clarification
My name...is Jerruh

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 25, 2018, 03:02:30 pm
See my above clarification

Okay, different guys, lol. They can recruit on campus. The NCAA tried to pass a rule limiting to 30 people on staff to recruit, but Bama said what are these other 50 guys going to do? Seriously, they said it would be too hard to police.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2018, 02:50:41 pm

RD is not governed by the same rules as we are because he is part of a recruiting site. However he cannot recruit players to a specific school, he can only mine them for information. It gets even more restrictive if you are a school representative. If you donate money, buy season tickets, or are an alumni you are a school representative and as such can make no contact with a prospective athlete. Be careful of any contact unless you know the kid personally or he rides to school with your son or daughter. If in doubt, steer clear. Social media like twitter has really muddied up the water but be careful. You don't want to read your name in a letter of inquiry.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 25, 2018, 05:54:51 pm

RD is not governed by the same rules as we are because he is part of a recruiting site. However he cannot recruit players to a specific school, he can only mine them for information. It gets even more restrictive if you are a school representative. If you donate money, buy season tickets, or are an alumni you are a school representative and as such can make no contact with a prospective athlete. Be careful of any contact unless you know the kid personally or he rides to school with your son or daughter. If in doubt, steer clear. Social media like twitter has really muddied up the water but be careful. You don't want to read your name in a letter of inquiry.

Yeah, just have the casual bump into like Bo or Herschel......