Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a quick observation from a visiting sc fan

Started by rbhdude, October 30, 2006, 11:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog

Quote from: rbhdude on October 30, 2006, 11:18:08 pm
while it was already a known fact that arkansas has a great RB tandem, that's practically all i have seen you hog fans talk and rave about.
obviously, football is a game with many facets that have to come together to make a team successful
so lets not ignore the less profound characteristics of your beloved hogs team
surely, arky is #12 in the nation for SOME other reason besides its rushing attack

so tell me, what other aspects of your team do you hope to out-do a spurrier driven offense, and a challenging agile, hard-nosed tyrone nix driven defense?
you'll say you have us out-done in rushing, obviously
but what else is arkansas planning to dish out that they don't believe the gamecocks can handle?

go cocks!

I honestly don't think your cocks have ever seen what is about to be rammed down their throats.  If you think our freshman qb can't pass, you will be snake bitten more than once.  To answer your question truthfully, you would have to ask our OC, because we never know what creative trickeration he will come up with next.  If you think Spurrier is a genious, just sit back Saturday night relax, and you might want to have a cocktail or two and watch the new and improved version of Spurrier,and his name is Gus Malzahn. 

Carolinas Hog

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 31, 2006, 10:00:03 am
Quote from: Carolinas Hog on October 31, 2006, 09:52:45 am
Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 30, 2006, 11:47:22 pm
D-line is quick and mean. Couple will play pro. LBs - Butu for short, is as good as your boy. Unfortunately Fairchild is out and it caused some problems early on - Vandy & AL. Those issues have been fixed. AR's DBs, some think are weak, which is why SC gives us concern. They have world class speed and have shut down at least two receivers that will be playing next year on Sundays. The problem in the past has been play calling. This year AR's High School coach is holding his own and has a few things to prove.

In my opinion the SC has as good or better pure athletes than AR. SC often sends more athletes to the Olympics than any other SEC school and AR wins the NC every year in track. Come ready to play. This week will say a lot about both teams.

This guy has got to quit posting...just saying whatever pops into the ol' noggin.  SC more atheltes in the Olympics than any SEC school?  Are you aware there is a track and field component to the Olympics?  Come on man...
Straight from the secsports.com. I didn't believe at first either. I expected maybe FL. Last Olympics is was SC, then AR, FL, LSU. Something like that. I'll find the link again. My bad I was remembering the 2000 Olympic Athletes. Here are 2004 Olympics stats. SC still sent more than twice than AR.

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=1&url_article_id=4147&change_well_id=2

Alabama - 13 (includes 2 coaches)
Arkansas - 9
Auburn - 30 (includes 3 coaches)
Florida - 28 (includes 2 coaches)
Georgia - 16 (includes 1 coach)
Kentucky - 2
LSU - 18
Ole Miss - 1
Miss. State - 2
South Carolina - 21 (includes 3 coaches)
Tennessee - 8

That's a good link...very surprising.  Looking a little deeper, of the 21, 5 were swimming/diving, 4 were women, 3 were coach's.  Comparing S. Carolina to Arkansas (no men's swimming/diving) in terms of Olympic athletes, with a blanket statement of SC has lots more...well it is still off.

I digress, back to football.
If the Hogville is a representative sample of Hog fans, then I am several deviations from the mean.

I hate that Hogville is the only Razorback message board not blocked by my employer.

Nashville Fan

AR sent 4 women, as well. Granted women don't play college football but they still are athletes and SC sent 18 and AR sent 9 - double. Now your are right about one thing, looking at the country of origin - none probably came from either AR or SC gene pools.

Now back to why AR is gonna kill SC cause our running backs are gonna get 200 yrds. SC might win TOP though.
Pittman or Bust!

Hogchick

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 31, 2006, 02:49:11 am
We couldn't run on Ole Miss and we are going to get 250+ on SC? I also see no way this defense holds them to less than 21. We've got 2 or 3 Orlando Greens in the secondary. We've just been lucky that our last few opponents had WRs with stone hands on the deep ball.

Ole Miss has two of the BEST linebackers in the coutry.  That is how that happened.  I don't think the cocks have LB close to that.  I am sure they are good just not that good.

sidneyforheisman4

Quote from: boomo26 on October 31, 2006, 10:49:05 am
Everyone keeps talking about Newton's running, did you know he only averages 40 yards per game?  4.4 yards per carry.  I thought it would have been much higher.
Boomo

He also averages about 220 yds passing a game, so thats 260 yds he accounts for by himself.  Plus Cory Boyd can put up 100 yds a game as well.  He mostly only runs for 7-8 yds when the play breaks down, plus sacks count against rushing yds.  He rushed for 80 against UT.

Hognfried

October 31, 2006, 11:49:47 am #55 Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:51:21 am by Hognfried

so tell me, what other aspects of your team do you hope to out-do a spurrier driven offense, and a challenging agile, hard-nosed tyrone nix driven defense?
but what else is arkansas planning to dish out that they don't believe the gamecocks can handle?

go cocks!

I think we will take advantage of your poorly coached defense. Kinda like Missouri did in the bowl game last year. Oh, but the Cocks were a better team last year. Also, our defense will exploit the Superrier coach undertalented offense.  Does that answer your question?  War Cocks going 7-5 this year.

sportinggoodsguy

Our Coach isnt looking through Pee colored lenses.  Whats up with that?

hog71762

I think we can all agree that Spurrier is a great coach, but SC is not all that good of a team.  If so, why do they already have 3 SEC losses?  And, on top of that, the 3 SEC teams that they have lost to all have lost a conference game.  The HOGS have lost 0 conference games and that will still be the case after Saturday.  And the Cocks will have a LOSING conference record. But don't blame Spurrier. . . he's a great coach.

Sao Ming

One thing to remember is Arkansas is averaging 0.5 sacks per game in 8 games.  Let that sink in.  Keep your QB's pants clean, eliminate the mistakes and open wide holes for your RB tandem.  Pretty good recipe.

Godfather

WPS to the end.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

With their passing and our secondary, they could score 50 points.  With our running backs and their front 7, we could score 50 points.  Might turn into a bit of a shoot-out.

DeltaBoy

Hogs Run for 300+ Mitch goes 6-10 for 175 and 2 TD's and we win the TOP with 30+ min
Final Score Hogs 28
Cocks 14
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogbyBirth

We couldn't run on Ole Miss and we are going to get 250+ on SC? I also see no way this defense holds them to less than 21. We've got 2 or 3 Orlando Greens in the secondary. We've just been lucky that our last few opponents had WRs with stone hands on the deep ball.

Lucky Lucky Lucky  that's all we are.  I hope we are LUCKY against SC.

tbhogfan

What will the Hogs throw at the Gamecocks?

Offense
1) No secret, we're going to run behind a senior-laden offensive line with an outstanding 1-2 RB combo.  Ask Auburn.
2) We'll show multiple formations and make you respect us to the outside, and in the air (not something you have seen Arkansas do in the last few years).
3) We'll give you a look with the ultimate running QB, Darren McFadden.
4) We'll pull out a gadget play or two.

Defense
1) One of the better defensive lines in the conference.  They can sack you, they can stop the run, they can pass defend.
2) A fast, agile, and mean linebacking crew.
3) A fast, improving defensive secondary.  Lots of coverage sacks.

No doubt Spurrier has earned his place as one of the top coaches around, but I think that in the end, Arkansas' talent will prevail.
Go Hogs!

4thdownnutt

Bill CHILL

Orlando Green.....man, I tried to forget that guy. Cross your fingers that our secondary shows up the rest of the season. ... . . . .
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

phat hog

for this particular year the hogs are probably better at each position, from top to bottom.

sooeygaryl

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 30, 2006, 11:30:29 pm
Lets keep it on topic right now guys.

Honestly i believe we have a OC who is willing to put his freshman QB in situations which he can make plays but won't hurt us.  Gus knows Mitch's limits (he is a freshman, even though he is a damn good one) and Coach Malzahn is playing to Mitch's strengths. 

Our running attack is brand new, even though its running from formations i never dreamed of.

The one thing that scares me?

Dmac will throw it to Mitch at some point in the season.  Will it be against Spurrier?  I am betting he does.  When he goes to Mitch, what happens next is anyone's guess.  I asked a source and they won't tell me anything about it.  So i am not telling you anything about it.

Smart kid.

Gus always has a trick up his sleve.  The problem for you is he always knows the exact time to use it. 

Dmac at QB?  Who in the hell ever predicted that?  We have weapons.  I am honestly confident about this game.  Guys its been a while since i said that, going up against a coach of this caliber. 

Thank you Gus.

Thank you Mitchell and the rest of you guys for the hard work i watched you put in this summer.

Cock fans, get ready, i promise its gonna be a game.  Coach Malzahn will have them ready to go.  I know the ole ball coach will too.  I just believe that LC, CS, BC, DM, FJ, MS, MM, PH, and MM will be ready for this one.  They want to make a statement and this is the perfect place to do it.

Oh and then there is the defense.......

Bill CHILL

If we go in and wax SC, we get some respect. I'm talkin' 31-10 or less for about three or four spots. If we lose by one, we can forget all hopes of greatness for this season in the media's eyes.

It's time we put on a show. Screw holding back anything. Let's unleash the beast. The team deserves it.

SC, I'm sorry. You guys stick by your team through thick and thin. I dislike your team less than the other SEC teams. I just want my team to be the best and be known to be the best. It may not ever happen, but that's why God gave us beer.
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

lawdog

October 31, 2006, 08:31:56 pm #69 Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:33:57 pm by lawdog
Quote from: Bill CHILL on October 31, 2006, 08:29:35 pm
If we go in and wax SC, we get some respect. I'm talkin' 31-10 or less for about three or four spots. If we lose by one, we can forget all hopes of greatness for this season in the media's eyes.

It's time we put on a show. Screw holding back anything. Let's unleash the beast. The team deserves it.

SC, I'm sorry. You guys stick by your team through thick and thin. I dislike your team less than the other SEC teams. I just want my team to be the best and be known to be the best. It may not ever happen, but that's why God gave us beer.

We do stick by our team.  But I must say that I think USC wins 28-24.  If not, there's always more beer.  LOL.

I dislike Ark very little.  The only team I dislike less is Vandy.  I gotta cheer for Vandy, the eternal underdog.

You guys seem to be about on par with us most years.  You are certainly having a better year this year.  Pretty much every year, however, it's a winnable game for either team.  I feel the same this year.
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: lawdog on October 31, 2006, 08:31:56 pm

We do stick by our team.  But I must say that I think USC wins 28-24.  If not, there's always more beer.  LOL.

I dislike Ark very little.  The only team I dislike less is Vandy.  I gotta cheer for Vandy, the eternal underdog.

You guys seem to be about on par with us most years.  You are certainly having a better year this year.  Pretty much every year, however, it's a winnable game for either team.  I feel the same this year.

Almost every year we've been in the SEC, the USC game is the make or break game for us.  If we win, we have a good season.  Lose and we're cellar dwellers.  USC came in with us in the SEC in '92, so I kinda think of USC as our sister school in that respect.  I also agree that I don't dislike USC and root for them in most games except when they play the Hogs.

lawdog

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on October 31, 2006, 08:41:58 pm

Almost every year we've been in the SEC, the USC game is the make or break game for us.  If we win, we have a good season.  Lose and we're cellar dwellers.  USC came in with us in the SEC in '92, so I kinda think of USC as our sister school in that respect.  I also agree that I don't dislike USC and root for them in most games except when they play the Hogs.

The USC/Ark game does seem to be pivotal for both.  Like I said, it's viewed by both as a winnable game, since both have won their share.  It can, in some years, be the difference between a bowl and no bowl.  That could possibly be the case for USC this year.

Our make/break game early in each season seems to be the UGA game.  Every time we win, we have had good years.  It vaults the winner to a good season.  Although, UGA isn't having such a great year this year.

Anyway, Go Cocks!

Hong Kong Sooey

This post should be a HUGE indication that we are not where we should be.  Why do we settle for "on par" with South Carolina? (No offense, lawdog)  We have to expect more.  Hold Houston accountable for mediocrity, don't reward him for it.

lawdog

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 31, 2006, 09:41:34 pm

This post should be a HUGE indication that we are not where we should be.  Why do we settle for "on par" with South Carolina? (No offense, lawdog)  We have to expect more.  Hold Houston accountable for mediocrity, don't reward him for it.

No offense taken.  I think both programs want more.  You seem to be getting it this year, so far.  Hopefully we will next season and in future seasons.  But I hate mediocrity just as much as you.

Biggus Piggus

South Carolina formula for success: Get a lead, force opponent to pass, sack the QB, take away the football.

Arkansas formula for success: Get the ball in the hands of the playmakers, get a lead, pound with the run, protect the football, force opponent to pass, sack the QB.

The Hogs will not throw as much as the Gamecocks need them to, regardless of situation.

Arkansas pass protection: Quite good.

South Carolina pass protection: Quite poor.

South Carolina has three wins against teams with losing records + one over a 1AA team.  The wins over Florida Atlantic and Wofford were with close margins.  The Gamecocks are 0-3 against Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

Here's what opposing rushers gained against South Carolina.

Wofford ranks second in 1AA rushing, averaged 4.9 yards per carry against SC.

Auburn ranks 33rd in 1A rushing, gained 4.4 per carry.

Vanderbilt rates 38th in 1A rushing, 4.8.

Georgia is 77th, 5.1

Tennessee is 86th, 3.8.

FAU is 87th, 5.0.

Kentucky is 106th, 3.1.

Mississippi State is 110th, 4.2.

Arkansas ranks fifth.

Arkansas has a pretty good resume.  All South Carolina has is Steve Spurrier's cockiness.  The Gamecocks played over their heads and still couldn't beat any of the winning teams on their schedule (even Wofford's just 4-4).

The Razorbacks got a lot better than last year, when they were an experienced QB away from comfortably beating South Carolina.  I don't see that South Carolina improved in any phase of the game.  I'm sure Spurrier is proud of being ranked 46th in passing offense, 69th in scoring offense.

One thing South Carolina is good at is making it hard to score touchdowns.  Tennessee scored 31, everybody else has had a pretty hard time scoring TDs.  The Hogs will probably steam into the red zone and then be forced to make a third down play.  This is where the punky QB either makes plays or gives it away.

As much trouble as South Carolina had with Wofford, which ran the ball 60 times, it's hard to imagine the Gamecocks beating a much more talented running team.
[CENSORED]!

Hogwild poker

3 touchdown given up in the last 16 Qtr's...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HogNuttz

Our passing game has been very effective when needed (not SEMO and ULM).  We don't pass much or far (extended handoffs really) but in important games they have had a very high completion rate and stretched the field, which helps the running game even more.  A few times we will take a pop down field to help keep the safeties back.  If you watch our passing game, it is designed to do two things.  Pick up yards, I mean sure yards not huge chunks, and set up the run game.  I think the difference between this years run game and previous years is we have two good backs and the passing game, above all else, is designed to set up our running game for good positive yardage.  As far as our long runs, I don't think that is really built into our offense at all.  90% of our long runs are a product of the talent carring the ball.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

HogNuttz

Quote from: Hogwild poker on November 01, 2006, 08:57:02 am

ULM, SEMO, and Ole' Miss.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Hogwild poker

Quote from: HogNuttz on November 01, 2006, 08:58:45 am
Quote from: Hogwild poker on November 01, 2006, 08:57:02 am

ULM, SEMO, and Ole' Miss.

Auburn, you forgot Auburn.  But I get your point.

Biggus Piggus

Pretty much every year, however, it's a winnable game for either team.  I feel the same this year.

These games are lopsided more often than not.

1992: Arkansas 45, South Carolina 7 (38)
1993: Arkansas 18, South Carolina 17 (1)
1994: South Carolina 14, Arkansas 0 (14)
1995: Arkansas 51, South Carolina 21 (30)
1996: South Carolina 23, Arkansas 17 (6)
1997: South Carolina 39, Arkansas 13 (26)
1998: Arkansas 41, South Carolina 28 (13)
1999: Arkansas 48, South Carolina 14 (34)
2000: South Carolina 27, Arkansas 7 (20)
2001: Arkansas 10, South Carolina 7 (3)
2002: Arkansas 23, South Carolina 0 (23)
2003: Arkansas 28, South Carolina 6 (22)
2004: South Carolina 35, Arkansas 32 (3)
2005: South Carolina 14, Arkansas 10 (4)

The last two seasons, South Carolina barely beat two of our poorer football teams.
[CENSORED]!

freedomcounty

was that 23-0 shutout really that long ago? Man, that feels like just a season or two ago...

Oklahawg

Lawdog, you do your fans and school justice. Thanks for being a productive part of hogville's reparte' prior to a pivotal game for both teams.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggDaddySwint

Jones also returns kickoffs all the way back,so even if you score it could get erased quickly.
Too many weapons to list. 

Idahog

go cocks!

Monk Crawford Hillis Williams Cleveland Mustain Olajabutu Grant Houston Harrison Dacus Fish Smith and a BOATLOAD of other young talent thats complimented by great senior leadership an amazing O-line and D-line.

What do you guys plan on bringing to the game besides Spurrier, Newton, and 1 reciever to catch Newton's passes?

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

lawdog

Quote from: PIGHEDED on November 01, 2006, 09:36:37 pm
Reggie Freakin' Fish, aka, The Crab!

I've got a Crab Trap for that guy.

(Not even sure what that means.....it just seemed like the thingn to say....LOL)

hogs25

Averages around 150 yards passing and 40 yards rushing.  His longest run this season is only 28.

Syvelle Newton
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=146835

razorbackkid

Quote from: hogs25 on November 02, 2006, 02:12:27 am
Averages around 150 yards passing and 40 yards rushing.  His longest run this season is only 28.

I really wish you wouldn't have posted that .... it may be a fact thus far in the season, but stats change if there is another game to be played.  What is the longest qb run given up by our defensive this year?  I believe the Vandy qb ran a couple times for a good distance.

Sam!  Pop that dude like you did John Parker Wilson!!!!

Go Hogs!!!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hogtheball

RUSHING OFFENSE          G    Att   Yds   Avg  TD  Yds/G
--------------------------------------------------------
1. Arkansas............  8    298  1883   6.3  17  235.4
2. Auburn..............  9    342  1452   4.2  16  161.3
3. LSU.................  8    267  1265   4.7  19  158.1
4. Vanderbilt..........  9    298  1418   4.8  14  157.6
5. Florida.............  8    272  1260   4.6  10  157.5
6. South Carolina......  8    267  1139   4.3   9  142.4
7. Alabama.............  9    337  1201   3.6   8  133.4
8. Ole Miss............  9    317  1154   3.6   8  128.2
9. Georgia.............  9    280  1115   4.0  14  123.9
10.Tennessee...........  8    250   908   3.6  13  113.5
11.Kentucky............  8    233   662   2.8   8   82.8
12.Mississippi St......  9    291   705   2.4  12   78.3

RUSHING DEFENSE          G  Rushes  Yards  Avg.  TD  Yds/G
----------------------------------------------------------
1. Florida.............  8     215    538   2.5   3   67.2
2. LSU.................  8     238    581   2.4   3   72.6
3. Georgia.............  9     305    936   3.1  10  104.0
4. Alabama.............  9     256    947   3.7   6  105.2
5. Auburn..............  9     285   1083   3.8   4  120.3
6. Mississippi St......  9     313   1098   3.5  16  122.0
7. Arkansas............  8     293    992   3.4   6  124.0
8. Tennessee...........  8     275    997   3.6   9  124.6
9. South Carolina......  8     289   1098   3.8   7  137.2
10.Vanderbilt..........  9     357   1474   4.1  10  163.8
11.Ole Miss............  9     359   1500   4.2  13  166.7
12.Kentucky............  8     298   1487   5.0  14  185.9

It's one thing when you have a great rushing offense.  It's another when the team you're playing has a terrible rushing defense.  Is it really that hard to figure out why we think we have an advantage in this game?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

hogsrbad

We do need to be concerned about the inadvertant whistle.

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 30, 2006, 11:33:52 pm
Again, lets keep it on topic.  Enough with the smart ass answers.  You're all comedians, we realize that.

I like comedians.  That's one of the few reason I get on this thing. 

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: lawdog on November 02, 2006, 01:48:10 am

(Not even sure what that means.....it just seemed like the thingn to say....LOL)

Hey, let's keep it on topic.  What are ya'?  A comedian or somethin'?

lawdog

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on November 02, 2006, 09:16:45 am
Quote from: lawdog on November 02, 2006, 01:48:10 am

Hey, let's keep it on topic.  What are ya'?  A comedian or somethin'?

It was late when I posted that.  Not such a good post now that I read it.

HogPharmD

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 01, 2006, 08:50:51 am
South Carolina formula for success: Get a lead, force opponent to pass, sack the QB, take away the football.

Arkansas formula for success: Get the ball in the hands of the playmakers, get a lead, pound with the run, protect the football, force opponent to pass, sack the QB.

The Hogs will not throw as much as the Gamecocks need them to, regardless of situation.

Arkansas pass protection: Quite good.

South Carolina pass protection: Quite poor.

South Carolina has three wins against teams with losing records + one over a 1AA team.  The wins over Florida Atlantic and Wofford were with close margins.  The Gamecocks are 0-3 against Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

Here's what opposing rushers gained against South Carolina.

Wofford ranks second in 1AA rushing, averaged 4.9 yards per carry against SC.

Auburn ranks 33rd in 1A rushing, gained 4.4 per carry.

Vanderbilt rates 38th in 1A rushing, 4.8.

Georgia is 77th, 5.1

Tennessee is 86th, 3.8.

FAU is 87th, 5.0.

Kentucky is 106th, 3.1.

Mississippi State is 110th, 4.2.

Arkansas ranks fifth.

Arkansas has a pretty good resume.  All South Carolina has is Steve Spurrier's cockiness.  The Gamecocks played over their heads and still couldn't beat any of the winning teams on their schedule (even Wofford's just 4-4).

The Razorbacks got a lot better than last year, when they were an experienced QB away from comfortably beating South Carolina.  I don't see that South Carolina improved in any phase of the game.  I'm sure Spurrier is proud of being ranked 46th in passing offense, 69th in scoring offense.

One thing South Carolina is good at is making it hard to score touchdowns.  Tennessee scored 31, everybody else has had a pretty hard time scoring TDs.  The Hogs will probably steam into the red zone and then be forced to make a third down play.  This is where the punky QB either makes plays or gives it away.

As much trouble as South Carolina had with Wofford, which ran the ball 60 times, it's hard to imagine the Gamecocks beating a much more talented running team.

...Thanks Biggus... I don't have a thing to add.
Great post

Go Hogs!!

:razorback: :razorback:

4th and 1

Speed...we are faster than moth on both sides of the ball...although we substitute size for it in spots.