Lou Holtz just said Auburn would win the SEC West

Started by Buff, October 26, 2006, 08:34:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

bigred7987

Mark May and Lou said we couldn't hold on to it....Hope our team saw this

PHill94

Sonofahog

Yep.  They said it.  Lou is usually wrong so that looks good for us!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

hogfan@heart

Houston better have this on tape and play it every day for our players. No respect.

Razorbacks#1

Good motivator for the coaches and team. Go Hogs!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Beaverfever

They also said South Carolina had a legitimate chance at winnin the east...seriously WTH?

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

UADrummer

I wonder if HDN just calls these guys to tell them to not give us any credit, it really is a great motivational tool, but really, things like this are something that keeps this team fighting, I say let us shock the world and WPS!!

BigoBoys

The_Bionic_Pig

Thank you!!!  The last thing we need is for our players to start relaxing and to start believing their own hype.   I FREAKING LOVE IT
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

wincrimson

threeNout

duckcmmndr

We should be used to not getting any respect.  I hope the team gets a chance to see it.

Earl

I think this should help us.  We are going to win the
West IMO.

deputyave

We may loose one of our SEC games but I don't think we will loose 2 of them and we hold the tie breaker with Auburn so we win the west. Then we beat Florida for our first SEC championship. Go Hogs

Immensehog

When did Lou jump off our wagon?

He's been slurping us up all year.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

hogstuff

Lou has probably already forgotten what he just said.

hogchic2001

What else is new....they need to play it in every practice for the rest of the season.  GO HOGS!
Go HOGS Go!

riccoar

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 26, 2006, 08:34:20 pm
along with the other dude on the show
He's correct. Hogs will not win out against SC, TN and LSU. They'll lose two of those and Auburn won't lose again. Auburn at 7-1 and Hogs at 6-2 or 5-3.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

wolf24

Sounds like Lou knows what he talking about, no way we beat Tenn and LSU, face the facts.  The Cotton bowl sounds like where the HOGS will be playing.

scarolinahog

I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

RazorbackNutt

we don't have to beat them both do we?  we just have to win 3 out of the 4 conference games left, right?

Realee

Quote from: wolf24 on October 26, 2006, 10:13:13 pm
Sounds like Lou knows what he talking about, no way we beat Tenn and LSU, face the facts.  The Cotton bowl sounds like where the HOGS will be playing.

Must not have seen the Auburn game.  You should of watched it, it was a great game and oh yeah we no chance of winning that one either.

DC

Auburn still plays Alabama and I am not as convinced as everyone else that they have that one in the bag!

Hawgvillain

Quote from: RazorbackNutt on October 26, 2006, 10:29:55 pm
we don't have to beat them both do we?  we just have to win 3 out of the 4 conference games left, right?

yep

PigPusher

Its just an opinion and that is not the deciding factor. It gets decided on the field.  Lots of opinions have been proved wrong this year.  We should expect that trend to continue.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hogfan47

what say we let the hogs play usc east then go from there.
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

ArmyHogfan1981

beat South Carolina and lets see how everything else unfolds

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: ArmyHogfan1981 on October 27, 2006, 05:38:22 am
beat South Carolina and lets see how everything else unfolds

That's the ticket.  If the team stays focused and just looks at the one game ahead, they just might pull this off.  But I've had my hopes up so many other times just to have the team rip out my heart and stomp that sucker flat!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

hawg23

marky may and the funky bunch didnt pick us??? good.... they are wrong A LOT
"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

Tomhog™

This team has focus like I haven't seen in years.  I truly believe they are on a mission to win the West outright and not just get to a bowl.  Statments like Lou's probably irritates our competition as they know it will be used as additional motivation.  The Hogs are hungry this year, and I don't believe anyone but Tinner could stop them...

Conway Cool Daddy

Lou has been picking us all year. I don't know why he jumped ship.
Mark May may be the worst analyst on TV.

Auburn still has Ga and Bama left. They could lose either of those games. Also they still have to take care of business against Ole Miss.

If Arkansas goes into Sc and wins then a lot of people will start changing their tunes.

HedgeDweller

October 27, 2006, 07:49:24 am #34 Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:51:11 am by HedgeDweller
Quote from: RazorbackNutt on October 26, 2006, 10:29:55 pm

Correct, we must win 3 out of 4 - then even if Auburn won out, we would have the tie breaker over them since we beat them head to head.  To win outright, we need to win them all most likely though.  Unless Auburn loses again.
One thing Lou probably didn't mention was that who wins the West is up to us.  Not Auburn.  Not Lou.  Not Mark.

hardcorehogfan

guys we cant bash them for saying that.  they are going off of previous years.  to be the best we have to beat the best.  until we do that consistently we will get picked to lose.  i am very pleased with where we are right now but truthly, the only team that we have beat that is currently in the top 25 is Aurburn.  i am not saying that we will not beat USC, Tenn, or LSU, just saying that is why guys like Lou and May will pick against us.

Hog Fan 51

Hey guys if you don't think we even have a shot at winning out, then why do you even bother to post here, or cheer for the hogs? I think we will probably go  2 for 3 vs SC,TN,&LSU, but I still think we have a shot at winning out, or I would just stop watching football, and just be a track fan from here on out.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

ComeonHogs!!!

If you look at Aurburn's remaining scheduled and then look at ark. picking ark to slip up is not far fetched. I am just happy we get to play the games. WPS we win 3 of 4 and go to the sec championship.
State Pride!!!

hogfan13

Like y'all said. I really Hope Nutt and the team Saw what he said. That should get them pumped and ready for next week. Cause if we win next week. Were Guaranteed a Trip to Atlanta

HognotinMemphis

Will Spurrier quit in a hissy fit, after calling out all his assistants to answer questions in the post game interviews, when he loses back to back home games over the next two Saturdays?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

STRILE

Lou's doing us a big favor, not sure whether it's intentional or not but he is motivating our guys. 
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

davis01

Let's just take this one game at a time and enjoy the victories.  ULM this weekend.  Let's focus, and win big.  Then we can talk Spurrier and USC.

4thdownnutt

I don't get upset what other people say  they gotta say something.  This will all take care of itself in about a month.  Lets just worry when we play.

gopigsgo

No,No,No we MUST win all the games remaining in this season, this is Pauls season and there already has been and will be further divine intervention. One Hog nation will turn the corner this year baby and never look back!

hogfancb

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2006, 10:02:44 pm
He's correct. Hogs will not win out against SC, TN and LSU. They'll lose two of those and Auburn won't lose again. Auburn at 7-1 and Hogs at 6-2 or 5-3.
Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 27, 2006, 08:10:25 am
Will Spurrier quit in a hissy fit, after calling out all his assistants to answer questions in the post game interviews, when he loses back to back home games over the next two Saturdays?

Now which one is it HIM?  One post you say we will not win and the next Spurrior will lose two in a row.

Tusks

If the Hogs win the West they will break all sorts of records and HDN records.  I live in Atlanta and I still haven't made parking reservations.  There's a LOT of football to be played and history says the Hogs won't make it but that's why they play.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogfancb on October 27, 2006, 05:35:59 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2006, 10:02:44 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 27, 2006, 08:10:25 am

Now which one is it HIM?  One post you say we will not win and the next Spurrior will lose two in a row.

This game will go to several OT's.

clew

Y'all.  If we win the next two conference games, the rest of the teams can mail it in because we'll win all of them.  The season set up perfectly for a young team that needed some games under their belt before the meat of the season.  We're going to atlanta.
Pure as the dawn

bigredone

What in HDN's past would make an outsider think the Hogs will win out? I, being a darksider, think they should. All the 'straps think things are too tough in AR for anyone to believe that we should win consistently. Holtz has just joined the jockstraps with those comments.

LZH

If Lou is not a drinker, he's missing a great opportunity.  He would be a hilarious drunk (he kinda acts like one most of the time anyway.)