Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE OFFICIAL VT vs. CLEMSON THREAD

Started by BruceSwinesteen, October 26, 2006, 06:50:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WP razorback

Touchdown VA Tech!

The fireworks are going off and it is 24 - 7, Tech over Clemson with 2:00 left in the 3rd qtr.

HoopS

Beaverfever

Ore is putting on a clinic.  This guy is a stud.

dirtypig

We might actually see two top ten teams when the Vols come to town. If Gameday doesn't come, will they ever? I know, we have to beat those damn gamehens first.

Inigo Montoya

bigred7987

I believe earlier Kirk said "Clemson is the best one loss team in the nation"

Hawgrox

I just tried to explain to my wife the significance of Va Tech winning tonight against a team ranked ahead of us. She mumbled something about "Dancing With The Stars" and went to bed....

scarolinahog

I think it can help, Clemson is looking horrible. I just dont look to see Arkansas move up much in the polls unless they put down S Carolina. Also depends on what happens this week in the other games. Looking forward to the SC-TN game, think I may have a ticket. Hope Tn wins I think that would help the hogs more than anything.  
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Sonofahog

Is HDN calling Clemson's plays?
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

ExArky

Quote from: dirtypig on October 26, 2006, 09:22:33 pm
We might actually see two top ten teams when the Vols come to town. If Gameday doesn't come, will they ever? I know, we have to beat those damn gamehens first.

In 1999, it was Arkansas that gave Virginia Tech its biggest boost to the national title game against Fla. St. when the Hogs beat No. 2 Tennessee in Fayetteville ...

Bogghawg

THIS is why I am sorry that our game at USC was changed to a night start.  Very similar situation.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

AFWarrior83

Owe we moving on up... movin' on up... You guys know the song! WPS!!
Hogville member since 2005.

WP razorback

The way VA Tech is embarassing Clemson is what worries me about our game at Columbia.  I know South Carolina is not the same caliber as VA Tech but the atmosphere at Columbia and the time of kickoff is what worries me.

Reaganite

The gameday crew needs to start quoting the Hogan's Hero's line:

"We know Nothhiiiiing!"

L.A.

Quote from: ArmyHog on October 26, 2006, 09:19:31 pm
The commentators on ESPN just talked about Clemson not being used to this type of atmosphere. Virginia Tech is tough but try playing in the SEC every week. I also saw on ESPN where we are not picked to win SEC west, just makes it so much sweeter when we do. Oh yah, we look way better than either one of these teams playing tonight. GO HOGS!!!!!

Just goes to show you how much more competitive the SEC is in comparison to the other confrences......(Big 10 is close, but still behind)

deputyave

Who would have thought we could be a top 10 team at the begining of the season? It very well could happen after this weekend.

BigArkyintheRock

That Mickey D theme song is in my head right now...

Do do do do do dooooo...I'm lovin' it!  :)

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Hawgrox

Quote from: Bogghawg on October 26, 2006, 09:26:01 pm
THIS is why I am sorry that our game at USC was changed to a night start.  Very similar situation.

I have been telling everybody at work the same thing....they all think that we will ROLL the 'Cocks. I felt pretty good about it until the 6:00 game time was announced. That scares me....more than UT or LSU.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

HoopS

Those great backs of Clemson don't look so great.  The run can be taken away by good defenses if you can't keep them honest with the pass.   If I said that last sentence about our team, I wouldn't be a fan.  But I think this game should open our eyes.   Keep 'em guessing. 

r-neezy

Well, it looks like we dont have to worry about staying at #13 in the BCS poll when it comes out on Sunday afternoon.

Looks like Clemson is having a hangover after the gameday crew was their last week singing their praises. Seems like Clemson started to believe their own hype.

BigArkyintheRock

Indeed. You and Herby are on the same page...Balance baby...B A L A N C E~

Turn Gus loose on SC!! Full control!!

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

Inigo Montoya

AFWarrior83

r-neezy

Quote from: Hawgrox on October 26, 2006, 09:29:10 pm
Quote from: Bogghawg on October 26, 2006, 09:26:01 pm

I have been telling everybody at work the same thing....they all think that we will ROLL the 'Cocks. I felt pretty good about it until the 6:00 game time was announced. That scares me....more than UT or LSU.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you're saying. But I believe the Hogs focus will be much better, especially since the majority of the people outside of the Hog nation believe they will blow their chances to get to Atlanta. Man, I hope my logic is correct!!!

scarolinahog

I see Lou Holtz has no confidence in the hogs after the halftime show. Thanksalot Lou!
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 26, 2006, 09:30:48 pm
Mods help us out please....
Ahh, let us have some fun Dad!! :)

WPS! :azorback:

pigskinbyproduct

Reaganite

Quote from: scarolinahog on October 26, 2006, 09:32:00 pm
I see Lou Holtz has no confidence in the hogs after the halftime show. Thanksalot Lou!

Yeah, Lou needs to take a trip to denture center and get a tightening.

That or wear a bib on the set.

ArmyHog

Where does this put us in the polls on Monday, say only with a 35 point win.

BigArkyintheRock

They would vote for the SEC Champion team that wins out to play in the National Championship!!! Big props given to the SEC tonight!!  Yes!!

Thank you ESPN!!

BigArkyintheRock

LOL!! Nice!! GO HOKIES GO!! :)

Craig O Squeal

Well, I only heard Florida or Auburn, I didn't hear Arkansas (or Tennessee for that matter). ESPN needs to get off of Tubby and Urban's knobs...

ComeonHogs!!!

I wonder where bowden got that old play book? Run, run, throw in the flats, punt. I know i have seen that somewhere before.
State Pride!!!

missippihog

Stick a fork in Clemson theyre done. They are making mistakes and the QB is horribly off. Were movin on up boys!

ArmyHog

Agreed, no word about Arkansas but we look better than either one of these teams. Just let us prove it by our actions.

BigArkyintheRock

Turn out the lights...Clemson's party is over!

AFWarrior83

riccoar

My Pick'em takes a hit, but the Hogs get a boost in the polls as another moves down this week.

missippihog

What game does this remind you of? Higher ranked team, that is supposed to have the best running back, unable to run the ball and the other team running at will. Shades of AR vs AU.

hogerson

Quote from: WP razorback on October 26, 2006, 09:27:21 pm
The way VA Tech is embarassing Clemson is what worries me about our game at Columbia.  I know South Carolina is not the same caliber as VA Tech but the atmosphere at Columbia and the time of kickoff is what worries me.
Agreed, our game looks eerily similar.  #11 or 12 team in the country going into an espn night game to a hostile crowd going up against a dangerous team.  And also notice how VT was able to shut down #4 rushing team in the nation.  And Clemson's QB has really failed tonight.  Here's hoping that MM can come through for us if our running game stalls.  Good thing we also have CD just in case MM has as much trouble as the Clemson QB is having.

DoubleJ

Just got home and don't have ESPN...what's the score?

missippihog

missippihog

Do I hear the keys of the Hoakie fans jingling?

HoopS

Would anyone agree that Clemson not being willing to throw on first down made their vaunted running game struggle?

HogFaninGA

Quote from: HoopSlap on October 26, 2006, 10:01:06 pm
Would anyone agree that Clemson not being willing to throw on first down made their vaunted running game struggle?

If we don't pass more in games, LSU, USC, or TN will be our VA Tech.  You can't have that live or die by the run attack and expect to win week in and week out.  Clemson had one of the best running games in college football (maybe overrated, maybe not) and look what is happening to them tonight.  If Proctor had more opportunities to pass in other games, he might of been more comfortable throwing the ball.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoopSlap on October 26, 2006, 10:01:06 pm

Yep.  Not being able to throw is rough on a running game no matter how "vaunted" it is.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

SwinedMelon

Luckily for us, if MM struggles like Proctor, Dick can help... but MM prolly won't get that bad... he's my boy!
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

dewayne

we can make our stadium loud, i was at the florida loss and with id say 1/3 of the people out it got REALLY loud. we need to seal in that one side to help keep noise in the stadium.

HawgAlumn

SC has one of the best 2ndaries in the SEC. I hope they can't stop our running game, because their 2ndary is one of the best the HOGS will play all year.

I'm afraid SC will be the Hogs VT.
I hope the Hogs watch this game and fully understand that they can't take SC litely..
maybe the Tennesse game will against SC will help keep the hogs focused on defeating SC and not looking forward to Tenn.

GO HOGS..