Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou fans whining

Started by pigfeet, October 25, 2006, 12:17:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigfeet

DeltaBoy

We would cut them up real bad!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cityhog

laughable.  GA is horrible this year, and they beat CO barely, but CO handed it to TAMU.  Get real Mizzooooooo.

hogfan064

Mizzou has a football program?

Oh yeah that team we beat badly in the Indy Bowl.  Mizzou sucks :puke:

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

southavenhog

I say we join the chat and explain a few things to them!

subliznime

nwarkboyz#1

it really ticks me off when you have to hear them say that the sec dousent have any good teams, i meen mizzo you must have some of the hardest teams in the country to play, you know like....................well there is .....................uhhhhh.......nope i can think of any
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: southavenhog on October 25, 2006, 12:28:59 pm
I say we join the chat and explain a few things to them!

How about that the SEC is so tough we need an easy week to lick our wounds in the middle of conference play. So we like to choose someone form the Big 12
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

LA HAWG

Murray State
Mississippi
New Mexico
Ohio
Colorado
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Iowa State
Kansas

Look at this schedule.  They have no room to talk.  Hogs would be undefeated right now with that schedule and would go undefeated for the season. 

stan the man

I like the one about the weak quarterbacks make the defenses in the SEC look better.  What about the SEC getting the top three quarerbacks in the nation last year.  Tebow to Florida, Stafford to Georgia and Mustain to Arkansas.  I wonder why that and how that happened

Hawgfan23

People in the Big 12 need to just shut up.
National Championship, 6 Final Fours, 9 Elite Eights, 14 Sweet Sixteen Appearances, 27 NCAA Bids, 93 First Team All-Conferences Selections -- 31 Conference Titles.

Tradition Speaks for Itself.

GutHOG

I live in mizery and I have been hearing this crap all season and it is making me sick!  Can we just put them on the schedule so I don't have to listen to this but 1 week out of the year!  Mizery =  :puke:
Come on August!!!!!

HoopS

I love how they talk about our weak bottom 1/3 with Vandy, Ole Miss, MSU and Bama? 

Vandy beat Georgia, who beat Colorado.
Ole Miss has had a couple bad years, but have been bowling more Mizzou in the last decade.

Alabama flat shut TTech down in the Cotton Bowl.  I didn't see big 12 teams shutting them down.
MSU beat UAB just as badly as OU did.

enwhog

Missouri fans talking football like they are somebody of importance is ridiculous.  They haven't had any success in decades.  

Jim Harris

They have had this good a season in 33 years. I wonder if they'd like to trade November schedules. Frick them.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogfan064

Quote from: enwhog on October 25, 2006, 01:27:10 pm
Missouri fans talking football like they are somebody of importance is ridiculous.  They haven't had any success in decades.  

Mizzou fans shouldn't even talk about sports.  Their basketball program isn't anything to brag about either.  Is Mizzou good at anything?  Have they ever been good at anything?

enwhog

Quote from: GutHOG on October 25, 2006, 01:24:35 pm
I live in mizery and I have been hearing this crap all season and it is making me sick!  Can we just put them on the schedule so I don't have to listen to this but 1 week out of the year!  Mizery =  :puke:

What a waste of an entire athletic program.  They've not won anything or even played for any championships in any major sports in decades yet they are the only BCS school in their state with two huge metro areas.  What a group of whining losers.  Must suck though to see neighbors like KU and Ark win NCs and play in F4s through the years while they choke and see KState surpass them in football.

HogFaninGA

I wouldn't even waste a thread on those losers.  Like Drakehog said, they haven't had a good season in decades.  One average year (and the season is still a long way from being over) and now they are a powerhouse.  Give me a break.

excoach

What have they got to cry about. They are in the Big 12. Let them have a taste of the SEC and then let them Whine.

Pissed Pig

Hey, it's Mizzou.  Outside of the Cardinals, Bass Pro shops what do they have. 

Wow that Kansas team sure is tough, and so is Kansas State.

I would much rather be Alabama state champs vs Kansas State champs.

They suck.  Mike Anderson will soon find that out.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: excoach on October 25, 2006, 01:35:16 pm
What have they got to cry about. They are in the Big 12. Let them have a taste of the SEC and then let them Whine.

They would be another Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss, or Miss ST in the SEC....wait, all those teams have beat us since Nutt took over, and 3 out of the 4 in our house.  Nevermind.....
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogHeathen

Well if Missu loses to an OU team at home without Bomar and Peterson they better get ready for some smiting....

demonHOG1013

Big 12 fans want to cry and whine about anything they can, because they just cant get over the fact that they arent part of the best conf in college football...SEC...and not one team in the Big 12 would go undefeated in the SEC

cubbie

Baylor, Iowa St., who else is there in that league.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

HogNuttz

Kansas.  They used to suck hard, but they are decent now.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

enwhog

Murray St, Ole Miss, New Mexico and Ohio - WTH kind of idiot criticizes another program with that ooc?  

Hollywood_HOGan

they whine about OUR sked?

We have beaten #2 AUBURN. They beat some team from Lubbock that got killed by COlorado and TCU.

Plus we play in the SEC, they play in the big 12.

They dont want Arkansas in a bowl game again.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: HogNuttz on October 25, 2006, 01:57:08 pm
Kansas.  They used to suck hard, but they are decent now.

0-4 in the big 12 is not decent.

CallThemHawgs!

MissPoo shouldent bitch about anything... they suck, their conference sucks, their schedule is laughable... and they havent been good at a single sport since the stone age. Wow... why the hell are they complaining?

hogsanity

They should be whining that they lost to A&M. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: enwhog on October 25, 2006, 02:02:11 pm
Murray St, Ole Miss, New Mexico and Ohio - WTH kind of idiot criticizes another program with that ooc?  

The kind that roots for Mizzu and thnks the big 12 is a real league.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dotnet

Quote from: cityhog on October 25, 2006, 12:24:46 pm
laughable.  GA is horrible this year, and they beat CO barely, but CO handed it to TAMU.  Get real Mizzooooooo.

GA is horrible this year?  What does that have to do with anything?  And Colorado never played A&M. 

Either way, they're dumb to complain, but I wouldn't declare that we would be undefeated against their schedule.  Playing a game in Kyle Field would be tough.  I think A&M can win 10 games this year.  They play OU (without their starting qb or rb) and Nebraska at home, baylor, and Texas on the road in a rivalry game.  They should win 9 and 10 is a possibility.  They have the leading scorer in the nation and can control the line of scrimmage.  They run a 4-2-5 so they have more speed on the field than most big 12 teams.   It would be a tight game.  Yes, I'm from Texas.

dotnet

Quote from: hogsanity on October 25, 2006, 02:37:55 pm

The bottom half of the big 12 couldn't make it in the big east, but the big 12 has had people in like five NC games this decade.

cbjagman

With Mizzouri's conference schedule I would be embarrassed to complain about our overall slate.

HoopS

Dotnet, true they have gotten to the big game.  Texaa earned it last year, and that is not easy for me to say.  When Nebraska got there last, it was a joke.  They had gotten throttled by Colorado I believe, and I believe they lost the title game like 63-20.  OU got there despite getting served in the B12 title game, 35-7 to KSU.  The other time OU got there, USC kicked them like they did us.  Obviously didn't deserve the shot at the title. 

So yes, they have had teams get there, but having a team get there means aquat about overall conference strength.  In fact, I'd argue that it indicates a league that has maybe 1 great team and a couple real good teams and a bunch of mediocre teams.  Atleast the Big12 has a title game, insuring that you will atleast face the 2nd best team to win the conference. 

hogsanity

Quote from: dotnet on October 25, 2006, 02:50:11 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on October 25, 2006, 02:37:55 pm

The bottom half of the big 12 couldn't make it in the big east, but the big 12 has had people in like five NC games this decade.

Sure, because they dont have to play anyone during the season.  Start out top 10, and just watch the teams in real leagues fall in conference. 

sooie dog

Quote from: dotnet on October 25, 2006, 02:47:59 pm

GA is horrible this year?  What does that have to do with anything?  And Colorado never played A&M. 

Either way, they're dumb to complain, but I wouldn't declare that we would be undefeated against their schedule.  Playing a game in Kyle Field would be tough.  I think A&M can win 10 games this year.  They play OU (without their starting qb or rb) and Nebraska at home, baylor, and Texas on the road in a rivalry game.  They should win 9 and 10 is a possibility.  They have the leading scorer in the nation and can control the line of scrimmage.  They run a 4-2-5 so they have more speed on the field than most big 12 teams.   It would be a tight game.  Yes, I'm from Texas.

This is the same team that barely beat Army?  Goes to show how weak the Big 12 really is.

BurleyHog

I can remember when they had a qb that was supposed to be some kind of Bad A** and then they met Matt Jones.  He ran crazy on them.  Can they not realize that DM would run for maybee 300 yards on them.  They must be out of there minds.

LZH

I do like Pinkel, though.  He still has a long way to compete on a national level (re even in the SEC).

Razorhogs

What would happen if we played them in a bowl game this year???  We only score 49! and not 63... They better be happy with what they got and pray for an easy bowl match up.   Looking at Mizzou's schedule for the rest of the year I see two loses for them... #19 Oklahoma and #20 Nebraska.

WindyCityHog

I fhtere is one "name' team out there that traditionally has done worse than the Hogs (over the last couple of years)....

It's Missouri.

They have NO tradition...and they play in the a WAC-like division...the Big 12 North.

....but I can see them being brothers-in-arms about a playoff....where they would still get Pinlke-d.

dotnet

Quote from: sooie dog on October 25, 2006, 03:21:31 pm

Either way, they're dumb to complain, but I wouldn't declare that we would be undefeated against their schedule.  Playing a game in Kyle Field would be tough.  I think A&M can win 10 games this year.  They play OU (without their starting qb or rb) and Nebraska at home, baylor, and Texas on the road in a rivalry game.  They should win 9 and 10 is a possibility.  They have the leading scorer in the nation and can control the line of scrimmage.  They run a 4-2-5 so they have more speed on the field than most big 12 teams.   It would be a tight game.  Yes, I'm from Texas.

This is the same team that barely beat Army?  Goes to show how weak the Big 12 really is.

Good logic?  You can bash Missouri all you want, but they would not be in the bottom of the SEC.  This year, Missouri is easily above Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama.  Not that they would, but they're good enough to beat any team in the SEC.

dotnet

Quote from: WindyCityHog on October 25, 2006, 04:15:20 pm
I fhtere is one "name' team out there that traditionally has done worse than the Hogs (over the last couple of years)....

It's Missouri.

They have NO tradition...and they play in the a WAC-like division...the Big 12 North.

....but I can see them being brothers-in-arms about a playoff....where they would still get Pinlke-d.

I know I was just defending them, but I don't get it.  They're not a name team.  They have no tradition, and have never been that good.  They're as much of a "name team" as Kansas.

SbrokeskiAg

dotnet you're my favorite.

Can we please be a little more realistic with the competition in the Big XII.  I never doubted the competition in the SEC but I was ignorant about it until I moved to Fayetteville.  SEC is tough.  However, the one loss teams in the Big XII should still get some credit even with some of the traditional powers being down....Nebraska, KSU, Colorado, and Texas A&M.  Just like in recent years, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, and this year Georgia, having their dips. 

Some retorts:
Texas shut down tceh last year.  TCU only beat tceh 12-3.  Yes, Bama shut them down and I loved every minute of it.
Kansas has 4 losses by 7 pts or less.
A one win Colorado team (then winless) almost beat big Georgia IN Athens.

AFWarrior83

Mizzu's schedule

Date    Opponent    /   Result 
  Sat, Sep 2  Murray State W 47-7   
  Sat, Sep 9  Mississippi W 34-7 
  Sat, Sep 16 at New Mexico W 27-17   
  Sat, Sep 23 Ohio W 31-6   
  Sat, Sep 30 Colorado W 28-13   
  Sat, Oct 7 at Texas Tech W 38-21   
  Sat, Oct 14 at Texas A&M L 19-25 --
  Sat, Oct 21 Kansas State W 41-21   
  Sat, Oct 28 ( 19 ) Oklahoma 12:00 pm   
  Sat, Nov 4 at ( 20 ) Nebraska TBA
  Sat, Nov 18 at Iowa State TBA 
  Sat, Nov 25 Kansas 12:00 pm 

They play 2 top 20 teams and lost to Texas A&M.

Arkansas schedule

Date    Opponent   /   Result
  Sat, Sep 2   ( 6 ) USC L 14-50 --
  Sat, Sep 9   Utah State W 20-0 
  Sat, Sep 16 at Vanderbilt W 21-19 
  Sat, Sep 23 Alabama W 24-23 
  Sat, Oct 7 at ( 2 ) Auburn W 27-10
  Sat, Oct 14 Southeast Missouri State W 63-7
  Sat, Oct 21 Mississippi W 38-3
  Sat, Oct 28 Louisiana-Monroe 7:00 pm 
  Sat, Nov 4 at South Carolina 7:45 pm 
  Sat, Nov 11 ( 8 ) Tennessee 2:00 pm 
  Sat, Nov 18 at Mississippi State TBA
  Fri, Nov 24  ( 14 ) LSU 2:30 pm

We play 4 top 15 teams, and lost to USCal.

Now why is Mizzu even trying to argue about our schedule with how weak theirs is?
Hogville member since 2005.

Root Hog

Quote from: dotnet on October 25, 2006, 04:23:27 pm
Quote from: sooie dog on October 25, 2006, 03:21:31 pm

Either way, they're dumb to complain, but I wouldn't declare that we would be undefeated against their schedule.  Playing a game in Kyle Field would be tough.  I think A&M can win 10 games this year.  They play OU (without their starting qb or rb) and Nebraska at home, baylor, and Texas on the road in a rivalry game.  They should win 9 and 10 is a possibility.  They have the leading scorer in the nation and can control the line of scrimmage.  They run a 4-2-5 so they have more speed on the field than most big 12 teams.   It would be a tight game.  Yes, I'm from Texas.

Good logic?  You can bash Missouri all you want, but they would not be in the bottom of the SEC.  This year, Missouri is easily above Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama.  Not that they would, but they're good enough to beat any team in the SEC.

Why do you say MO is better than any of those teams?  Who have they beaten?  I think Bama, S.C. and Georgia would all beat MO.    FLorida, Tenn, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, and USC are clearly better than MO.  That would put MO in bottom half of the SEC.  I also think Georgia and Bama are better than MO, so that would put them in the bottom four.

Root Hog

And Arkansas would MURDER Texas A&M.   Anywhere.

dotnet

By the way, A&M is ranked; Bama and Tech were too. 

I'm not saying their schedule is better.  That is crazy.  What I am saying, is that their schedule isn't laughable.

By the way, don't bash Murray State. We love Murray State at Arkansas.

hogdookie

October 25, 2006, 05:40:48 pm #49 Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 06:55:23 pm by hogdookie
They must be joking.