Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt to UNC rumor makes SI

Started by football17, October 24, 2006, 10:55:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Nutt did improve the program from the early nineties. I'm not sure he can lead the program further.

hogman64

Please dont let it be just  a rumor...........

WP razorback

I did not see Nutt's name mentioned in relation to the UNC job on football scoop's rumor page.  Some names mentioned include Steve Kragthorpe, Norm Chow and David Cutcliffe.

Nutt would be crazy to leave, especially for UNC.

However, there was interesting rumors about Miami.  They report rumors of interest in Mark Richt and Tommy Tuberville.

Click the below link for more:

coaching rumor mill

VoR

October 24, 2006, 11:56:23 pm #103 Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:58:23 pm by the_birdman
Folks, the problem here is most of you are not looking at this from an HDN perspective. If HDN stays he will feel he's in a lose/lose situation, meaning, he already knows next year the Hogs more then likely will start out ranked in the top 10, unless we tank between now and end of season. I know, to most fans that is a great thing, but with such a lofty ranking comes great expectations, and remember, HDN prefers being the hunter rather then the hunted. HDN also knows full well he was on the hotseat this year, and anyone that has ever been employed by another well knows, you may get off the hotseat, but after that you lose you autonomy, you always have big brother looking over your shoulder waiting on you to goof up, it is always better to leave under your own terms then that of your employer.

If HDN leaves, it becomes a win/win situation for him, meaning if we win, he can slap his back, poof out his chest and say "I built that team brotha", whereas if we don't, he can say, "When I left that team it was built to succeed".

I know if I was HDN, I'd probably be highly recruiting some N.C. kid, just so I could make a recruiting trip there.

The wildcard in all of this though is HDN's ego, HDN seems to be vain enough, that he may think, next year I may be this close to a NC, then I could really leave under my own terms, that would serve them right after all I'd done, and HDN is paranoid and narcissistic enough that this could actually play out.

If he is planning on leaving I don't think he will drop the ball on recruiting, the way he will look at it, is if things don't pan out with another job he doesn't want to cut his own throat for next year, also he will be confident enough thinking if he does leave, we will lose many of those recruits, very possibly to him where he goes to.  The other thing is, he he drops the ball right now in recruiting, that is the same as leaving the newspaper opened to the help wanted section of the newspaper, and after the way Hatfield left the school before he knows that is 1 thing that JFB is going to keep an eye on as far as tell-tale signs.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.