Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 9 BCS Standings UPDATE

Started by BigArkyintheRock, October 22, 2006, 06:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigArkyintheRock

coming soon... :)

GO HOGS!! Movin' on up!!

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

HogFaninGA

WoooPigSooie

Will someone please tell me...I know its been debated here, but still I have yet to be convinced, why are Auburn & FL ahead of us?  Even TN for that matter? 
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

Razorback_Z71

WindyCityHog

Humiliating loss at our place in the 1st week would be the 1st reason.

The 2nd reason is that Arkansas just simply doesn't have the name recognition like Auburn, Tennessee, or Florida.

Being behind Auburn is a joke.....you beat the snot out of someone on their court should mean SOMETHING.....wonder if TT is still howling about the injustice of it all?

I think not.

BigArkyintheRock

October 22, 2006, 06:14:20 pm #6 Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:15:58 pm by BigArkyintheRock
The voters, many of them, believe our victory at Auburn was a total fluke and that we will lose to S. Carolina, TN and LSU. That crazy way of thinking, coupled with the fact that Arkansas was not ranked in the Top 25 when we played Auburn, is screwing things up for the Hogs' ranking in the Polls. Based on who we beat, #2 Auburn, at their home...in TOTAL DOMINATING fashion, we should be ranked in the Top 10, ahead of Auburn. I think when we beat current Top 10 TN to go 9-1, we will move ahead of Auburn in the Polls. Be patient. I think on Nov. 12, we will be ranked ahead of Auburn...and be the top ranked SEC team overall.

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

Lando Calrissian

That's still last week's, right?

(The link that guy posted is last week's poll, I mean)
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogHillbilly

It has us at 6-1...................It must be the new one...................Still 13
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

HoopS

Because we beat Auburn by 17, that's why they are ranked ahead of us.  I said the day of the Auburn game we should be 12-15, that part was right.  I also said there was no way anyone paying even a little attention to that game would right Auburn before us.  I know they beat Florida, but they would still be ahead of us if they had beaten Florida Atlantic.   Whatever.  We kicked the crap out of them head to head...

hogkongsooie

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

i know someone posted this a little while ago but if you look right under the fox sports logo it says week 9 so does that mean we are ranked 13?

Lando Calrissian

That is last week's poll.

I swear, if someone posts a link to it one more time...

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: HogHillbilly on October 22, 2006, 06:15:57 pm
It has us at 6-1...................It must be the new one...................Still 13
The records have been updated; the rankings have not been. Stay tuned...

HogFaninGA

I must be missing something.  I didn't think the official BCS poll has come out yet for this week.

Following are the dates and approximate times when the BCS Standings will be announced on  each week (all times Eastern):

Sunday, October 15 4:15 PM
   Sunday, October 22 7:30 PM
   Sunday, October 29 4:15 PM
   Sunday, November 5 4:15 PM
   Sunday, November 12 7:30 PM
   Sunday, November 19 4:15 PM
   Sunday, November 26 7:30 PM
   Sunday, December 3 8:00 PM

hogkongsooie

calm down, i was just saying that it said week 9 and not week 3, but then again it isn't posted on espn so i guess it is last weeks.

Cresthog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on October 22, 2006, 06:17:08 pm

You're going to...? Type in all caps? Get off the computer? Tell them to stop? Beat someone up?

Mike Shelton

yea it still hasnt came out i dont think

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFaninGA

I must be missing something.  I didn't think the official BCS poll has come out yet for this week.

Following are the dates and approximate times when the BCS Standings will be announced on  each week (all times Eastern):

Sunday, October 15 4:15 PM
   Sunday, October 22 7:30 PM
   Sunday, October 29 4:15 PM
   Sunday, November 5 4:15 PM
   Sunday, November 12 7:30 PM
   Sunday, November 19 4:15 PM
   Sunday, November 26 7:30 PM
   Sunday, December 3 8:00 PM

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Cresthog
You're going to...? Type in all caps? Get off the computer? Tell them to stop? Beat someone up?

All 4 of those things.

Hogs4Ever

Don't get so worked up about the rankings in the middle of the season.  If we keep winning and win the SECCG, we go to a BCS bowl.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on October 22, 2006, 06:19:27 pm
Don't get so worked up about the rankings in the middle of the season.  If we keep winning and win the SECCG, we go to a BCS bowl.

I know what you're saying, but right now it's the only poll that should matter to us.

Hawgrox

All the "Previous" rankings have "0"....I don't think it has been updated.

Bgarbutt

we didnt move up cause no one lost in front of us
We must all fear evil men.

But there is another kind of evil we must fear most.

And that is the indifference of good men.

The Name is Brian Garbutt and I stand by what I say

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Cresthog on October 22, 2006, 06:18:33 pm
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on October 22, 2006, 06:17:08 pm

Be careful.  Lando is a huge black guy that could kick anyones @ss.  And I have his back.   ;)
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: HoopSlap on October 22, 2006, 06:16:03 pm
Because we beat Auburn by 17, that's why they are ranked ahead of us. 

I dont get it. Are you suggesting that 17 at their home wasnt convincing enough?
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

Razorback_Z71

yes, that is last weeks..... you can tell because there is no ranking under the " previous" ranking

hogkongsooie

so the fact that i was asking a question means i could possibly get beat up? weird.

HoopS

I'm suggesting it is stupid and you are correct.  No matter good we looked, it didn't matter.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogkongsooie on October 22, 2006, 06:21:56 pm
so the fact that i was asking a question means i could possibly get beat up? weird.

Yep...welcome to the board

Member #3568

hogkongsooie

ok good, brings back memories of high school.....ah......memories......
oh thanks for welcoming me to the boards....

Scout Team Defense

Quote from: Bgarbutt on October 22, 2006, 06:20:24 pm
we didnt move up cause no one lost in front of us

That doesn't mean a thing...we could certainly move up a spot the way 4 of the next 5 teams in front of us played this past weekend.  GOSH it would have been great had ND, Cal and TX all lost!! I was pulling for TN only so that our game with them is even bigger.

Clemson will move up a few spots I'd assume with their win over BC

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on October 22, 2006, 06:20:34 pm

I dont get it. Are you suggesting that 17 at their home wasnt convincing enough?
Man, look where they're ranked and then where they have us.  Does that answer your question?
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

DoubleJ

I got your back HKS...but I am a scrawny white guy.

WindyCityHog

Chill out.

Otherwise, this crap goes to The Trash Can.

Don't be a drama queen....

Thread derailment seems to be a quality of this board.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: DoubleJ on October 22, 2006, 06:25:16 pm
I got your back HKS...but I am a scrawny white guy.

Damn white people

Member #3568

silvertip

Quote from: cookie52 on October 22, 2006, 06:14:24 pm
Quote from: rzrbkfn2000 on October 22, 2006, 06:13:04 pm
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

that's not updated I don't believe.

It is updated. Look at the W-L records of each team. The Hogs are listed as 6-1.

Too bad they don't have enough sense to put a date on the ranking.

HoopS

Remember, these are some of the same pollsters who one night, watched OU get beat 35-7.  Then givde them the nod to plat in the title game the very bext day.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: silvertipIt is updated. Look at the W-L records of each team. The Hogs are listed as 6-1.

Too bad they don't have enough sense to put a date on the ranking.

The W/L column is updated.  Nothing else is.

There's no way Oregon is going to be #14 in the BCS at 5-2.

HogFansReunited

Its not updated yet.  It is identical to last week.

Member #3568

SwinerBock

That link is a REAL-TIME update.  As soon as one of the polls (Coaches or Harris) gets updated on the Fox site, it updates this page as well.  Notice the rankings for Arkansas in those 2 polls are the ones published today.

However, because the computers have not completely posted, they are still showing last week's computer points.  Thus, the total BCS points for Arkansas (.471) is last week's total as well.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on October 22, 2006, 06:24:34 pm
Quote from: WoooPigSooie on October 22, 2006, 06:20:34 pm

Man, look where they're ranked and then where they have us.  Does that answer your question?

No it doesnt.  Its the subject of my question.  

HogFaninGA

October 22, 2006, 06:30:42 pm #45 Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:32:54 pm by HogFaninGA
http://www.bcsfootball.org/  If you go to this site they explain how they come up with the ratings.  There is also a pretty good article on our win yesterday if any of who haven't seen it.  I didn't realize that a replay showed DMAC stepped on the line on his TD run.  We got another hour before the new BCS comes out.

HogJoeHelm

It is NOT an updated poll yet.  You can tell by the last week rankings.  The records were updated early this morning. 

Stop posting that link.

razorbackgolf

how much  higher do you think we would be ranked if we didnt get blown out by usc? even if we did lose i think we would be atleast 3 spots higher

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: SwinerBockHowever, because the computers have not completely posted, they are still showing last week's computer points.  Thus, the total BCS points for Arkansas (.471) is last week's total as well.

And since Arkansas has jumped from at least 2 to 4 spots in nearly every poll, the BCS points total can't not be higher.

WindyCityHog

We'll still be the red-headed stepchild...

Count on it.