Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Couch didn't like UA's gameplan

Started by football17, October 15, 2006, 10:46:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PulledPork

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 15, 2006, 02:21:22 pm

Pork, Arkansas is 5-1 overall and 3-0 in the SEC. That doesn't look like it is hurting us to me.
and according to your analysis, we have basically only beaten the "weak sisters" of the SEC.  The meat of our schedule remains, get back to me on that once those are completed.

Pulled out...

SiriusHog™

all you guys saying that Mitch shouldve played more, are the same ones who would be calling the coaches morons for leaving him in the game if he had gotten hurt...

PulledPork

Quote from: SiriusHog on October 15, 2006, 02:34:27 pm
all you guys saying that Mitch shouldve played more, are the same ones who would be calling the coaches morons for leaving him in the game if he had gotten hurt...
that's apart of the game, can't forsee or script it!  diving into the endzone for viewing pleasure is one thing, but to reach on a game winning drive is another!  I mean, you guys are saying, "go with what gets you there!"  Did MM not get us there in the previous 4 games?  With that type of logic, he should have never played the Utah St. game, couldn't afford the injury for the rest of the season.

Pulled out...

r-neezy

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 15, 2006, 12:07:04 pm
Couch hit the nail squarely on the head.
Where is this balanced offense HDN talked about the day Gus was hired ?
They win a big game with an unbalanced offense and suddenly they don't need to develop their freshman QB. Lets keep using him as a good hander offer.
They will pay for this down the road.
Sugar Bowl or Cotton Bowl. What is your goal ?
Mitch goes 5-13 and probably should have been picked off twice. He just didnt perform well. I keep having visions of that pass he threw to Monk. It was a terrible throw, but a great play by shielding of the DB by Monk. Then, the running backs built up such a lead that Mitch doesnt really need to play anymore. So I guess we should have left Mitch out there for 4 quarters and risk him getting hurt.  Then you'd grumble about that wouldnt you. DMAC only had 6 carries. Felix didnt have many carries, and Michael Smith also had about 8 carries.  The total amount of carries for the whole team had only began to rise once the game was completely out of hand. Its not like they were force feeding the running backs in the 1st half. DMAC breaks for 52 and Felix Breaks for 80. Is that really the coaching staffs fault??

Lets talk about how Casey Dick ran the 2 minute drill to perfection in the 2nd quarter. Now that was kinda impressive. Your argument may be that it should have been Mitch running the 2 minute drill in the 2nd qtr. But Mitch threw the ball so poorly, I really cant blame the coaching staff for giving Casey Dick a look.  

Anson Marlow

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 15, 2006, 11:10:14 am
Quote from: Bogarto on October 15, 2006, 10:54:11 am
Tim Couch = Crybaby and loser
That's it, attack the messenger when you can't refute the message.  Makes you look all the more credible to the MSM, since that is the way they do business.
My thoughts exactly.
/list]

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: r-neezy on October 15, 2006, 02:41:44 pm
They win a big game with an unbalanced offense and suddenly they don't need to develop their freshman QB. Lets keep using him as a good hander offer.
Mitch goes 5-13 and probably should have been picked off twice. He just didnt perform well. I keep having visions of that pass he threw to Monk. It was a terrible throw, but a great play by shielding of the DB by Monk. Then, the running backs built up such a lead that Mitch doesnt really need to play anymore. So I guess we should have left Mitch out there for 4 quarters and risk him getting hurt.  Then you'd grumble about that wouldnt you. DMAC only had 6 carries. Felix didnt have many carries, and Michael Smith also had about 8 carries.  The total amount of carries for the whole team had only began to rise once the game was completely out of hand. Its not like they were force feeding the running backs in the 1st half. DMAC breaks for 52 and Felix Breaks for 80. Is that really the coaching staffs fault??

Lets talk about how Casey Dick ran the 2 minute drill to perfection in the 2nd quarter. Now that was kinda impressive. Your argument may be that it should have been Mitch running the 2 minute drill in the 2nd qtr. But Mitch threw the ball so poorly, I really cant blame the coaching staff for giving Casey Dick a look.  
5-13 tells me we needed to work on the passing game with Mitch yesterday.  But we didn't.  And we won't.  That is why we will not end up in Atlanta.  And, if by some chance we do, we get wrecked again. 

Talon

I think we will pay in more ways that just unexpected lost games:

- Recruiting.  Last years recruites expected something more balanced.  This years recruites are watching.

- Fan support.  We expected something more balanced.

r-neezy

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 15, 2006, 02:49:07 pm

5-13 tells me we needed to work on the passing game with Mitch yesterday.  But we didn't.  And we won't.  That is why we will not end up in Atlanta.  And, if by some chance we do, we get wrecked again. 
I am glad you have so much overwhelming confience in our team. Were you one of the people who said that Arkansas' only chance to beat Auburn was to run the HUNH?

GuvHog

Quote from: PulledPork on October 15, 2006, 02:27:23 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on October 15, 2006, 02:21:22 pm

Pork, Arkansas is 5-1 overall and 3-0 in the SEC. That doesn't look like it is hurting us to me.
and according to your analysis, we have basically only beaten the "weak sisters" of the SEC.  The meat of our schedule remains, get back to me on that once those are completed.

Pulled out...

I wouldn't call Auburn a weak sister, but I wouldn't call them a world beater either.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: r-neezy on October 15, 2006, 02:58:43 pm

I am glad you have so much overwhelming confience in our team. Were you one of the people who said that Arkansas' only chance to beat Auburn was to run the HUNH?
I believed something along those lines.  What I and noone else took into account was Auburn completely overlooking us.  Then, we hit a lucky prayer in the teeth of a blitz to go up by 10.  Then, we hit a homerun with DMac.  Then, we trick play them into becoming one dimensional and making the game easy on our D.  At that point, Auburn was demoralized and we pounded them into submission.  It took a very unlikely series of events to allow us to win throwing only 10 passes and not seeing the HUNH.  The difference between you and me is I recognize the unlikelyhood of those events.  You think it was brilliant strategery.  We'll see against SC, UTenn, and LSU.  If we don't against Ole Miss.

GuvHog

October 15, 2006, 03:09:08 pm #60 Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 03:10:56 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 15, 2006, 03:04:12 pm

I believed something along those lines.  What I and noone else took into account was Auburn completely overlooking us.  Then, we hit a lucky prayer in the teeth of a blitz to go up by 10.  Then, we hit a homerun with DMac.  Then, we trick play them into becoming one dimensional and making the game easy on our D.  At that point, Auburn was demoralized and we pounded them into submission.  It took a very unlikely series of events to allow us to win throwing only 10 passes and not seeing the HUNH.  The difference between you and me is I recognize the unlikelyhood of those events.  You think it was brilliant strategery.  We'll see against SC, UTenn, and LSU.  If we don't against Ole Miss.

I like TT's comments about that game better. He said "We didn't overlook Arkansas, we were
out-coached and out-played." THe fact is , Arkansas dominated the line of scrimmage on BOTH sides of the ball
the ENTIRE game.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 15, 2006, 03:09:08 pm

I like TT's comments about that game better. He said "We didn't overlook Arkansas, we were
out-coached and out-played."
GUV is a firm believer in "Coachspeak" as truth.  What else was he going to say GUV?  The rumblings out of Auburn since the post game presser certainly don't sound like that.  The players are singing a different tune, and so was Tommy in several interviews documented on this board.

Hollywood_HOGan

yeah i liked that Mike Smith had some big time success but we definitly shold have let Mitch throw the ball around some more.

There's gonna come a time where our running game is not gonna be as good and we're gonna need Mitch to make some plays.

Hopefully he'll be ready but we sure didnt use yesterday's game very wisely for Mitch's maturation.

r-neezy

Please dont tell me what I believe and what I realize. I do not expect us to have games like that every Saturday, and neither should anyone else. I have said in previous thread time and time again that I would like to see us pass the ball more, such as taking shots down the field one 2nd and 2 and things of that nature. I think we should do a better job in situational passing. The scenario I just described is a form of situational passing.  That's something that we still dont do well. And as well as we run the ball, one would think that passing the ball in those situations would be successful for us.  Still, no one wants to talk about how good Casey Dick looked in the 2nd qtr

PAHOGFAN

Guv I was there and MM did not throw out of shotgun w/ 3-4 wide very much most of those throws if he was in that were to backs.  He needs to have the ability to look around and have options.  I do agree with the previoous poster who said he is not looking off receivers.  I would think that AW would see this in film and get that corrected.  If he is using us to get another NFL gig next year, he better get to work.

GuvHog

Quote from: PAHOGFAN on October 15, 2006, 03:33:39 pm
Guv I was there and MM did not throw out of shotgun w/ 3-4 wide very much most of those throws if he was in that were to backs.  He needs to have the ability to look around and have options.  I do agree with the previoous poster who said he is not looking off receivers.  I would think that AW would see this in film and get that corrected.  If he is using us to get another NFL gig next year, he better get to work.

I agree that the 4 wide didn't happen very much, but they were in three wide much of the time.
I also agree with the rest of your post

HatfieldHog

It was very obvious that Casey got a lot more 4-wide, quick-slants, crossing patterns from the shotgun type plays/formations. The vast majority of Mitch's pass plays came from 2 receiver sets with him under center. Not very conducive to him being successful passing. When they alternated in the 3rd quarter, Casey used these formations and when Mitch was in he was put under center in the I formation. What type of message was suppossed to be sent? That we are not going to put you in formations that give you a better chance to succeed passing the ball.
[/quote]

There is another factor to consider.  The situation of Mitch's a two weeks ago, i.e. his "tired arm."  If he truly has had that ailment, then it might be that he has somewhat altered his motion, and thus, he will have problems being accurate until he is completely recovered.  This happens to a lot of pitchers, and it does happen to QB's also.

This might be why Casey was allowed to "air it out a little more."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

3kgthog

Tim Couch is right on. Someone is going to handcuff our running game whether it's UT, LSU or someone in the SECC game. It might even be Ole Miss next Saturday. Once that happens we aren't going to have a clue about how to pass to win. That's why you schedule these cupcakes so you can work on things and get better. I don't feel like we got better yesterday. We just ran the ball with abandon, wrote SEMO a fat check and took the W.

GuvHog

Quote from: CabotHog on October 15, 2006, 03:44:30 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on October 15, 2006, 03:38:26 pm
Quote from: PAHOGFAN on October 15, 2006, 03:33:39 pm

I agree that the 4 wide didn't happen very much, but they were in three wide much of the time.
I also agree with the rest of your post

So you're saying your other post was wrong? Make up your mind.

Partially. You're correct about the 4 wide.

PulledPork

that's just it!  the huggers will release fluids all over themselves if we make the SECCG!  Doesn't matter if we get our ass handed to us by TN, or embarrassed by Florida (either one of those have the chance of being our opponent).  Just as long as we get there, that's all that matters to them.... :puke:

Pulled out....

jbr01

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 15, 2006, 12:39:41 pm
Quote from: MitchM on October 15, 2006, 12:38:51 pm

I couldnt agree more.  There will be a game in which the running game will freeze up and then the hogs will be done.

Name the last power running team to win the NC.  Your gonna go back pretty far and probably to Nebraska in 95.

Perfect chance was squandered to get MM some confidence and to work on the passing game.
Nebraska 1997.  But you have the right idea.

try ohio st. in 2002, maybe.  i seem to remember them running Maurice Clarett quite a bit.  and i further remember that Craig Krentzel wasn't much of downfield passer.

That's not too terribly far back.

but hey, I'd rather find something silly to whine about anyway. 

PulledPork

Quote from: jbr01 on October 15, 2006, 04:27:49 pm

I couldnt agree more.  There will be a game in which the running game will freeze up and then the hogs will be done.

Name the last power running team to win the NC.  Your gonna go back pretty far and probably to Nebraska in 95.

Perfect chance was squandered to get MM some confidence and to work on the passing game.

try ohio st. in 2002, maybe.  i seem to remember them running Maurice Clarett quite a bit.  and i further remember that Craig Krentzel wasn't much of downfield passer.

do a little further digging than your memory banks, it was not a run oriented offense that won that NC.

Pulled out...

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: PulledPork on October 15, 2006, 04:29:05 pm

do a little further digging than your memory banks, it was not a run oriented offense that won that NC.

Pulled out...
Exactly, and it sure wasn't the run that won the NC game.  Nebraska 1997 was the last run oriented offense that won a NC.  And they had the best D in college football that year.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: HoopHog on October 15, 2006, 02:06:50 pm
Quote from: arkhog9 on October 15, 2006, 11:04:03 am
I keep saying Mitch hasn't looked as comfortable as he did in the USC game at any game at home since.  He did good against Vandy and Auburn on the road.  Maybe this kid can light ULM up in Little Rock.

He hasn't looked comfortable because he is unhappy...and tired of the overtly obvious struggle between "I can't run an offense" Houston Nutt and the forced hire, "I can coach circles around you" Gus Malzahn.  If things don't change, I bet some other program welcomes Mitch Mustain with massive open arms -- and an open offensive game plan.

HoopHog, do you know Mitch?  If not, don't make false assumptions.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 15, 2006, 12:34:34 pm
Quote from: Hawgz4Life on October 15, 2006, 11:13:28 am
I have to give the coaching staff (whether it be Gus or Nutt) props for pulling MM when they did. I like Mustain and I know that he's going to be a HUGE factor in the Arkansas football team for a few years. However, pulling him did many things..
1. It reaffirmed to the team and to us fans that we have a VERY able backup QB.
2. It kept Mitchell from having a COMPLETELY terrible day....I would think (and I'm just speaking for myself here) that being pulled from the game is far less damaging than being left in and continuing to flounder. Mitchell is such a competitor that he's going to see that as a challenge to get better than he already is.
3. It proved that our coaching staff has maybe come to the point that we are no longer a team who "Plays not to lose"...if winning means pulling Mitchell and putting in Casey, then so be it. They are looking at the Hogs as a TEAM unit...not something to the effect of "The Matt Jones show"...Don't flame me for that, btw....I LOVED Matt Jones.

I actually believe they were trying to send MM a message. He'd better start getting it done
or the hook will come quickly. 5-13 against a BAD D1AA team doesn't bode well for MM and
it worries me.

Not that it matters to the Guv.  But this is a post by the man/woman that I totally agree with.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: PulledPork on October 15, 2006, 04:19:52 pm
that's just it!  the huggers will release fluids all over themselves if we make the SECCG!  Doesn't matter if we get our ass handed to us by TN, or embarrassed by Florida (either one of those have the chance of being our opponent).  Just as long as we get there, that's all that matters to them.... :puke:

Pulled out....

What matters to you?  Again, I am not a hugger or darksider, but your ridiculous comments have to stop.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on October 15, 2006, 04:38:16 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on October 15, 2006, 12:34:34 pm
Quote from: Hawgz4Life on October 15, 2006, 11:13:28 am
I have to give the coaching staff (whether it be Gus or Nutt) props for pulling MM when they did. I like Mustain and I know that he's going to be a HUGE factor in the Arkansas football team for a few years. However, pulling him did many things..
1. It reaffirmed to the team and to us fans that we have a VERY able backup QB.
2. It kept Mitchell from having a COMPLETELY terrible day....I would think (and I'm just speaking for myself here) that being pulled from the game is far less damaging than being left in and continuing to flounder. Mitchell is such a competitor that he's going to see that as a challenge to get better than he already is.
3. It proved that our coaching staff has maybe come to the point that we are no longer a team who "Plays not to lose"...if winning means pulling Mitchell and putting in Casey, then so be it. They are looking at the Hogs as a TEAM unit...not something to the effect of "The Matt Jones show"...Don't flame me for that, btw....I LOVED Matt Jones.

I actually believe they were trying to send MM a message. He'd better start getting it done
or the hook will come quickly. 5-13 against a BAD D1AA team doesn't bode well for MM and
it worries me.

Not that it matters to the Guv.  But this is a post by the man/woman that I totally agree with.

Does 5-0 as a starter matter?  Just curious

PulledPork

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 15, 2006, 04:39:30 pm

Pulled out....

What matters to you?  Again, I am not a hugger or darksider, but your ridiculous comments have to stop.
that the huggers get so full of themselves that they pop like a tick under a size 12 boot!  And I can't tell if you are a hugger or not since you claim not to be, but defend against my post specifically aimed at them....hmmmm?

Pulled out...

mckinneyhog

Quote from: PulledPork on October 15, 2006, 04:41:23 pm

Pulled out....

that the huggers get so full of themselves that they pop like a tick under a size 12 boot!  And I can't tell if you are a hugger or not since you claim not to be, but defend against my post specifically aimed at them....hmmmm?

Pulled out...

Actually, I wanted Nutt fired when they lost in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma.  Told my brother then that we would never win a national championship with him as our head coach.  I just want Arkansas to win, thats it.  I find it extremely strange that you can turn a post into something you want to believe.  Lets put it this way, if Nutt was fired, it wouldn't bother me one bit, and I would not lose any sleep over it.  I want Arkansas to start throwing the ball more, but nothing we do or say on this website will alter that.  If Arkansas keeps winning, FB will not fire Nutt, he will have to leave on his own.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 15, 2006, 04:48:19 pm

Pulled out....

Pulled out...

Actually, I wanted Nutt fired when they lost in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma.  Told my brother then that we would never win a national championship with him as our head coach.  I just want Arkansas to win, thats it.  I find it extremely strange that you can turn a post into something you want to believe.  Lets put it this way, if Nutt was fired, it wouldn't bother me one bit, and I would not lose any sleep over it.  I want Arkansas to start throwing the ball more, but nothing we do or say on this website will alter that.  If Arkansas keeps winning, FB will not fire Nutt, he will have to leave on his own.
Mc, you don't seem like an absolute moron.  You do realize this is an internet message board, right?  If you don't want to discuss the most important aspect of the program, I suggest you just read ESPN and the Demazette online.  We are going to fuss and argue.  I'm, pretty sure the majority of posters thinks they know what's best for the program better than anyone in the Broyle's complex.  This isn't the place to preach moderation.  I'm not sure a place like that exists.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 15, 2006, 04:54:57 pm
Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 15, 2006, 04:48:19 pm

Pulled out....

Pulled out...

Mc, you don't seem like an absolute moron.  You do realize this is an internet message board, right?  If you don't want to discuss the most important aspect of the program, I suggest you just read ESPN and the Demazette online.  We are going to fuss and argue.  I'm, pretty sure the majority of posters thinks they know what's best for the program better than anyone in the Broyle's complex.  This isn't the place to preach moderation.  I'm not sure a place like that exists.

Your right on one thing, I am not a absolute moron.  What about yourself?  I think some on this message board, mostly you live by fussing and arguing.  What is your positive outlook for the Ark. football program?  Do you even have one?  Let me guess, Fire Houston Nutt. 

Corganist

A couple things:

1) We're much better off at QB than we were last year, and that alone has been enough to win more games. But the fact of the matter is that MM hasn't quite gotten to the point that he's setting the world on fire yet. I think that if yesterday proved anything its that Mitch still needs to come around to the scheme in order for us to pass more effectively, not the other way around. The guy is still forcing throws left and right. There are still plays where any person in the stands can see that he's only thinking about throwing the ball to one guy, because he zeroes in on that guy as soon as the ball is snapped and doesn't look away, regardless of coverage. These things are not a product of how many receivers he's got lined up, or whether he's in the shotgun, or whether he's running HUNH. The difference between Dick and Mustain yesterday wasn't the sets, it was execution.

2) That said, I'm fully confident that Mustain can rise to the challenge in the event that some team shuts down our running game in the future, though I certainly don't see that event as the inevitability some of you do. MM has already shown he can make passes that will make opposing defenses at least keep the pass in the back of their mind before they sell out on the run. That's a lot more than we ever had last year. I don't see any reason to think he can't do it when the situation requires it. He's done it well enough thus far.

3) Mustain doesn't need to pass for 350 yards against a I-AA team just to show how effective he is. Completing 7 of 10 passes for 87 yards against a good  I-A team showed everyone the guy is for real. I want big passing numbers too, but not for their own sake.

jabohog

Pulled out....

The fact that we are fixing to go up against a pretty good Ole Miss team, yet we are still talking SECCG should mean something. It shows even the darksiders have some confidence in the talent, but have a hard time going against the frame of reference that has been built over the last 9 years. I love that Wilsonhog has educated me about this. Thanks Wilsonhog.

jbr01

Pulled out...

If you could please:  http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/010303aaa.html

Then get back to me.  I'll be more than happy to highlight it for you-

Ohio State rushed 52 (yes, that is 52 times) out of a possible 73 plays in that national championship game against miami.  I'm not that good at math, but I do know thats more than a 70% clip of running.

Why don't you inform me as to what you think constitutes a "run-oriented offense".

I look forward to your response.

PulledPork

Quote from: jbr01 on October 15, 2006, 06:00:34 pm

Pulled out...

If you could please:  http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/010303aaa.html

Then get back to me.  I'll be more than happy to highlight it for you-

Ohio State rushed 52 (yes, that is 52 times) out of a possible 73 plays in that national championship game against miami.  I'm not that good at math, but I do know thats more than a 70% clip of running.

Why don't you inform me as to what you think constitutes a "run-oriented offense".

I look forward to your response.
you missed the essence of the question....what team with a run oriented offense (meaning the whole season, not just one game) won a NC?

Pulled out...

FavreHog

That Cry Baby lit up the Arkansas secondary for more than 500 yards in one game.

Kevin

his arm is sore from all the practice passes
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Cornhogio on October 15, 2006, 12:15:46 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on October 15, 2006, 12:14:09 pm
I think the second half should've been the time to work on the passing game, HUNH and some new plays

Would have been fun, but man, we might have dropped 80+ on them.  Nutt's not built that way.

You're right, I thought they called off the dogs pretty early.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: russellclaude on October 15, 2006, 01:02:26 pm
I am being lambasted on the HI premium board for thinking Mitch needed more work throwing the ball yesterday... thank you for agreeing with me.

That's a high price to pay to be lambasted.  Drop the subscription and there's plenty of folks here that'll lambast you free of charge.  ;D

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Pork Twain

I am being lambasted on the HI premium board for thinking Mitch needed more work throwing the ball yesterday... thank you for agreeing with me.
You should be ashamed and embarassed to admit that yo ugo there.  That is like saying the guys at the local gay bar were making fun of your clothes.

I would think it would better to leave MM in and let him work through his issues with SEMO than to ask him to do it against Ole Miss or ULM or the SEC studs we will be facing.  I am very happy with the win but I think we missed a great opportunity.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: FavreHog on October 15, 2006, 06:21:00 pm
That Cry Baby lit up the Arkansas secondary for more than 500 yards in one game.
Since all we care about here is NC's, how amny did he win???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

FavreHog

October 15, 2006, 07:26:39 pm #91 Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:33:56 pm by FavreHog
Quote from: BeoPig on October 15, 2006, 06:59:46 pm
So you are saying the every QB that does not win a NC is a Crybaby and Looser?  He is in good company.

Pork Twain

Quote from: FavreHog on October 15, 2006, 07:26:39 pm
So you are saying the every QB that does not win a NC is a Crybaby and Looser?  He is in good company.
I never said he was a crybaby or a loser.  Take the time to look at who posted what.  Mine was in response to the 500 yrd comment.

r-neezy

The thing about Couch was that he was in a good system in college. When he got to the next level, he was worthless because he wasnt talented enough to adjust to another system.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Talon on October 15, 2006, 02:56:23 pm

I think we will pay in more ways that just unexpected lost games:

- Recruiting.  Last years recruites expected something more balanced.  This years recruites are watching.

- Fan support.  We expected something more balanced.

Now this my friend is the the truth!  The Offensive recruits are watching because they want to run Gus's offense.  As a fan I want to see a more balance attach because in the past we have had a good running game and still lost.

FavreHog

Quote from: r-neezy on October 15, 2006, 07:37:34 pm
The thing about Couch was that he was in a good system in college. When he got to the next level, he was worthless because he wasnt talented enough to adjust to another system.
Now you are calling Kentucky a good system.  Even if he wasn't good enough to play at the next level, he is still in good company.  We was a great college QB not a Crybaby Looser.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 15, 2006, 06:53:51 pm

That's a high price to pay to be lambasted.  Drop the subscription and there's plenty of folks here that'll lambast you free of charge.  ;D

+1 LOL!  :D

Siems56

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/teamcume-02.html
Arkansas is looking most certainly looking like the mold of Ohio State during their national championship year..yes..they were run oriented first..more than twice the amount of rushing attempts than passing, 575 more yards passing..and 31 rushing touchdowns as opposed to 14 passing..just to throw some input to that side argument in here

Siems56

sorry...575 more yards rushing than passing is what i meant to say

hog caller

i would bet 10 bucks he doesn't throw for 350 agains Ole Miss. it will be run, run ,run ,pass as usua

it would be nice to see though.