Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN on SEC West

Started by Hawgrox, October 12, 2006, 10:22:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgrox

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2621875

It still amazes me that we have a 2 game lead. I just can't read enough of this stuff....

ryan_hog

Agreed.  Lets hope when the Volunqueers come to town, we still only have one loss.  I guarentee you CBS would pick up that game.  GO HOGS!

SPAL

we dont have a 2 game lead..we have a 1 game lead over auburn...where am i missing this thing?...i promise if we lose 2 more game and abbie goes undefeated, they go to the SECCG.

hoghevn

Quote from: Hawgrox on October 12, 2006, 10:22:44 pm

It still amazes me that we have a 2 game lead. I just can't read enough of this stuff....

Great isn't it!!  I'm addicted also.

Hawgrox

If the Hogs and the Vols take care of business until then....could ESPN "GameDay" roll into Fayetteville????

ryan_hog

WHat other big named teams are playing that week?  When was the last time Gameday came to Fayettnom?

Hawgrox

We have a one game lead over Auburn but if we finish with the same record we still win the west because of head-to-head. We have a "de facto" 2 game lead right now. It's all about the tie-breakers....

SPAL

Quote from: Hawgrox on October 12, 2006, 10:28:50 pm
We have a one game lead over Auburn but if we finish with the same record we still win the west because of head-to-head. We have a "de facto" 2 game lead right now. It's all about the tie-breakers....

so we have a 1 game lead, not 2

ryan_hog

so.....we have a "1+(x)" game lead...

bigred7987

We would have to lose two games for Auburn to be in title game...2 game lead

clew

we have to lose twice before Auburn can overtake us providing they do not lose anymore.
Pure as the dawn

hoghevn

The article quotes Nutt as saying: "Nutt's message to his team has been simple: Stay grounded. "

I'm glad to see that.  The last thing they need to do is get too emotional over that win.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: ryan_hog on October 12, 2006, 10:24:34 pm
Agreed.  Lets hope when the Volunqueers come to town, we still only have one loss.  I guarentee you CBS would pick up that game.  GO HOGS!
I want espn2...i know its not top tier but i want an 8:00 game...can you imagine the atmosphere?

CHILI, GUMBO, RIBS, BEER!!!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hoghevn

Quote from: Hawgrox on October 12, 2006, 10:26:58 pm
If the Hogs and the Vols take care of business until then....could ESPN "GameDay" roll into Fayetteville????

A "Gameday" cap would be great for my collection.

Hawgrox

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2006, 10:29:31 pm
Quote from: Hawgrox on October 12, 2006, 10:28:50 pm

so we have a 1 game lead, not 2

I was under the impression when I joined this board that there would be no math....

ryan_hog

Thats what the BCS committee said....

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2006, 10:26:46 pm
we dont have a 2 game lead..we have a 1 game lead over auburn...where am i missing this thing?...i promise if we lose 2 more game and abbie goes undefeated, they go to the SECCG.
We have a two game lead by virtue of head to head play.  We own one game for the better record, and a second for beating Auburn heads up.  You are correct though, if we lose 2 and auburn wins out, they get it.  Thus a two game lead.

Jam

We do not have a 2 game lead.  If we had a 2 game lead then we should be able to lose 2 games and still be tied.  If we lose 2 games and Auburn doesn't lose we would be behind them.  We have a 1 game lead. 

Then there's LSU if we lose 2 games and they win out, which means they beat us. They win. 

Lets not count our chickens until they hatch.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

bigred7987

So really this comes down to opinion...

SPAL

Quote from: Jam on October 12, 2006, 10:47:30 pm
We do not have a 2 game lead.  If we had a 2 game lead then we should be able to lose 2 games and still be tied.  If we lose 2 games and Auburn doesn't lose we would be behind them.  We have a 1 game lead. 

Then there's LSU if we lose 2 games and they win out, which means they beat us. They win. 

glad im not the only one who understand this thing.

Jam

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2006, 11:09:01 pm

Agreed!
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Hong Kong Sooey

It is a considered a 2 game lead because we have to lose 2 times before Auburn takes the lead over us. 

SPAL

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 12, 2006, 11:15:58 pm

It is a considered a 2 game lead because we have to lose 2 times before Auburn takes the lead over us. 

sooooey, u are a fellow darksider, so it pains me to disagree, but i see your point in that we can still lose 2 more times, but technically, we have a 1 game advantage...so touche

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2006, 11:19:04 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 12, 2006, 11:15:58 pm

sooooey, u are a fellow darksider, so it pains me to disagree, but i see your point in that we can still lose 2 more times, but technically, we have a 1 game advantage...so touche
You are really not disagreeing with me, I'm only posting what the media is saying.

jrw11475

Make it simple, we will not lose again.  Easy math.

LZH

We have a 1 game lead on Auburn, and still will after this weekend...they'll beat Florida.  BTW, I'm not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite.

Hog inAustin

My son and daughter-in-law both went to Tennessee, okay, we lived in Tennessee for a lot of years and we were darn glad to see Arkansas join the SEC...traditionally riding on the outcome of the Arkansas-Tennessee game is a fifth of Wild Turkey Rare Breed, and the loser imprinting the "traveling" mint julip cup with the score.  Nothing would make "old dad" happier than to have the Hogs and Tennessee in Fayetteville with only one loss each to USC and Florida, Gameday in the parking lot, a national television broadcast, and then knockiing back a tall shot of Turkey paid for by #1 Son!!  Go Hogs!

PORK CHOP

after saturday we will have a 2 game lead

oldbooniehog

Arkansas WILL lose at least one more SEC game this year.

LSU, Tenn, and SC are all very tough games.

Ole Miss in Fayetteville has "upset" written all over it.

Arkansas will lose at least one more SEC game.

They could very, very easily lose two more SEC games.

We better hope Florida handles Auburn this week.

If Florida handles Auburn, Arkansas' chances to win the West go way, way up.

oldbooniehog

chromehog

I'm still confuised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chromehog

Its PORK CHOPS avatar. I keep losing count

EastexHawg

Quote from: PORK CHOP on October 12, 2006, 11:51:11 pm
after saturday we will have a 2 game lead

I agree.  Florida will beat Auburn.  Auburn simply is not as good as their ranking indicated.  They have two new starting tackles, and their center went down to a season ending injury the week before they played us.  Their wideouts are not living up to their hype (especially Courtney Taylor.  I am NOT impressed...good grief, that guy played horribly against us), Brandon Cox is getting hammered when he tries to pass (18 sacks in six games), and all they are left with is trying to pound Kenny Irons. 

Auburn is a one dimensional offense right now.  They are averaging 2.6 yards per rush in conference games, and they have trouble protecting the passer.  Then, they don't have receivers making big plays once they do get the pass away.  Combine all that together and you have an offense that is averaging 18.8 points per game in the SEC so far.

Florida's defense will shut them down. 

I expect Auburn to finish 5-3 in the SEC this year, and LSU about the same (LSU will have three losses by the time we play them). 

So...IMO it would take an absolute and complete collapse for the Hogs to not get to Atlanta.  It would take losing to every halfway decent team left on the schedule.

I'm not saying that's not possible, mind you...

hogfan064

They didn't list UK as bowl bound.  I doubt UK loses to Vandy, MSU, or ULM

They bring up a good point on Cutcliffe getting another job next year.  Makes you wonder who will come calling. 

Beaverfever

I'd actually call it a 1 1/2 game lead...If they only make up 1 game we go to the seccg if they make up 2 then they go...kinda like with betting lines...a 1 1/2 line would mean their are no pushes...1 doesn't cover but 2 does

MGCAPRI

it actually is a 1 1/2 game lead the half is the tie-breaker. The reason it is not a defacto 2 game lead is because if AU wins out and we loose 2 then AU takes the lead. If AU wins out and we loose only 1 more then the tie-breaker advantage gives it to us thus we actually have a 1 1/2 game lead---2 loses doesn't give us a tie it puts us behind. 1 lose gives us the advantage

HogSophist

The only way to figure out the actual lead held by the Hogs is to use the conference tie formula, divided by PI, multiplying by the actual number of fans in attendance at a sold out RRS game, then subtract the total people affected in either a positive or negative way by "year of the dog", and finally adding in the number of AP media that "correctly" cast their poll ballot.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

chillinhoggie

Quote from: ryan_hog on October 12, 2006, 10:28:05 pm
WHat other big named teams are playing that week?  When was the last time Gameday came to Fayettnom?
never

elksnort

Porkchop, where did you get that girl?

OnYourToes

All of this said + (sorry for the mathmatic symbol) a TEN win over LSWHO and we are home free.
LSWHO will have 3 losses.
Aubbie will have 2
Even if we lose 2 of the next 5 we are still good to go to the SECCG
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

elksnort

You all do know that the Hogs are in control! I wish that we'd take a no prisoners attitude.

Does anyone agree that we are getting EVERYTHING out of our defense? In other words, I don't think our defense can play too much better; however, I believe that the offense has much more improvement it can make. It better if we want to have a SPECIAL season.

PiggyBack

Glad we are 3-0 but, DANG! the stupid NUTT quotes continue:

from the article:

"If you look at things that happen, this is a crazy game. This ball doesn't bounce up and down like a basketball. It's different."--Dale
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

chromehog

Quote from: PiggyBack on October 13, 2006, 09:27:14 am
Glad we are 3-0 but, DANG! the stupid NUTT quotes continue:

from the article:

"If you look at things that happen, this is a crazy game. This ball doesn't bounce up and down like a basketball. It's different."--Dale
I think Dale is as confused as I am.

woodhog14

Never.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteIf the Hogs and the Vols take care of business until then....could ESPN "GameDay" roll into Fayetteville?

Steve Spurrier's first trip back to the Swamp is that weekend.  That is about the only matchup that would be competition for us that weekend.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: woodhog14 on October 13, 2006, 11:17:22 am

Never.
echo

Corganist

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on October 13, 2006, 11:29:40 am
QuoteIf the Hogs and the Vols take care of business until then....could ESPN "GameDay" roll into Fayetteville?

Steve Spurrier's first trip back to the Swamp is that weekend.  That is about the only matchup that would be competition for us that weekend.
If I recall correctly, the Gameday crew has already been down to the Swamp this season. Do they ever go to the same place twice in a season?

Nashville Fan

8 out of 12 teams in the SEC going to bowl games, AR is winning the west in an up year. A lot of people say the SEC is down this year, I don't see it.
Pittman or Bust!

no one

Quote from: HogSophist on October 13, 2006, 09:08:09 am
The only way to figure out the actual lead held by the Hogs is to use the conference tie formula, divided by PI, multiplying by the actual number of fans in attendance at a sold out RRS game, then subtract the total people affected in either a positive or negative way by "year of the dog", and finally adding in the number of AP media that "correctly" cast their poll ballot.

Funny, +1

I think we have a 1 game lead over AU with the tiebreaker. 

Tusks

Don't forget Auburn still has to play Georgia.  So they can still beat Florida and lose to Georgia and the Hogs go.  LSU still has TN.  I think Auburn and the Hogs both go 6-2 with  LSU 5-3.

If LSU is out of the race by Little Rock it helps the Hogs chances for a win.  What I don't know is what happens if LSU beats the Hogs and all 3 teams finish 6-2 in the SECW.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GeorgiaGirl21

So I saw this on ESPN....
I'm sure that someone may have posted it....but I wanted to too....

Congrats!!! :)

I'm 22 and I live in Athens, GA.
Yes, that makes me a Bulldog Fan.

GOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!! SIC 'EM  WOOF WOOF WOOF!!