Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ill ask again! can we realistically beat Tennessee and LSU?

Started by hogken, October 11, 2006, 07:29:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IMAballHawg

Quote from: Count_Porkula on October 11, 2006, 07:47:04 pm
Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on October 11, 2006, 07:45:57 pm
Realistically? Did you not watch the hogs play this past weekend?

Didn't we do this same thread with Auburn last week?

Give Coach Nutt enough time to gameplan and we beat anyone in the country.

Didnt Coach Nutt have over 6 Months to gameplan for USC?
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

kitshicker

I didn't think we could "realistically" beat Auburn....shows what I know, so yes, I think we can beat Tenn and LSU.

IMAballHawg

Oh, and we absoultely can beat Tennessee.   

Tennessee has displayed weakness to the run all season, and thats by far our strong point. 
Their offense is potent, but I expect our D to repeat what we did last year, and thats get better and better as the year goes on (please no key injuries).

LSU worries me more than TN does, but we have such a favorable schedule this year.  If it can get done then this is the year.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

Count_Porkula

Quote from: IMAballHawg on October 12, 2006, 12:57:36 pm
Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on October 11, 2006, 07:45:57 pm
Realistically? Did you not watch the hogs play this past weekend?

Didn't we do this same thread with Auburn last week?

Didnt Coach Nutt have over 6 Months to gameplan for USC?
No. S Cal became substantially different over the offseason. S Cal lost 14 key starters to the draft. As Coach Nutt is a devoted student of film. He didn't have current film on the players he would be facing against USC. Not so against Tenn, lsu and S Car, Coach Nutt will have the guys ready to win.

kinghog

Right now, who really cares if we can beat them or not....we have 4 games to play before Tennessee and 6 until LSU....I say we concern ourselves with the next 4....However, I have no doubt that we can compete with these two teams...we showed last weekend what we are capable of....

PulledPork

Quote from: clemens on October 11, 2006, 08:23:08 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 08:20:45 pm
Quote from: JJHog on October 11, 2006, 08:16:40 pm
I don't see us winning both.

Tenn has those great WRs--our weakness.

LSU is in the Rock where we can beat anybody. They are talened but mistake prone and they may not have much to play for come Nov 24

who have we beat in the rock that makes you so sure we can beat anybody?...Granted we have more big wins there than at fayetteville, but i think this myth about being unbeatable at the rock is a myth...id like to see a list of the big teams we beat at the rock under dale...i know we beat USC-E once when they were ranked and We beat maybe 1 good LSU team there, but i cant think of anymore...mostly USF, ULM, MSU, etc...
weve beaten a top 10 South Carolina team, a top 25 Mississippi State team, and a Tim Couch-led Kentucky team, along with everyone else we have played there except for LSU two years ago.
didn't we get rocked by Miami or was it florida in the Rock in recents years past?

Pulled out...

PORK CHOP

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 07:34:30 pm
absolutely not. We will not be able to stop the UT passing game. We can beat LSU, although they have much better wr's than auburn, so i doubt we will stop them in the air either.
dude you are smokin crack...we beat auburn in their house we  can beat anyone at home these kids have a renewed confidence in themselves....go hogs

dale must go

pigture perfect

I think that beating Auburn may have been actually easier than what it will take to beat LSU and Tenn. I think those two teams have gotten in our heads a little more because of our lack of success against them in recent years. If we can bounce back after mistakes we have a shot at beating them, because talent level wise we are close. If we hang our heads after miscues, we could get our heads handed to us, just like SoCal game.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

go hogues

Kind of like the 9 months we had to prepare for USC???
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PORK CHOP

Quote from: PulledPork on October 12, 2006, 01:19:20 pm

LSU is in the Rock where we can beat anybody. They are talened but mistake prone and they may not have much to play for come Nov 24

who have we beat in the rock that makes you so sure we can beat anybody?...Granted we have more big wins there than at fayetteville, but i think this myth about being unbeatable at the rock is a myth...id like to see a list of the big teams we beat at the rock under dale...i know we beat USC-E once when they were ranked and We beat maybe 1 good LSU team there, but i cant think of anymore...mostly USF, ULM, MSU, etc...
weve beaten a top 10 South Carolina team, a top 25 Mississippi State team, and a Tim Couch-led Kentucky team, along with everyone else we have played there except for LSU two years ago.
didn't we get rocked by Miami or was it florida in the Rock in recents years past?

Pulled out...
that was then PP this is now

hawgabilly

October 12, 2006, 01:53:36 pm #61 Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:46:05 pm by hawgabilly

Sounds Like LSU is a Freshman Quarterback. 

Damn, I'm going to get smited for that.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

With Nutt at the helm who knows, but I think SC scares me more than Tenn or LSU right now. And I hope we DO NOT look past Ole Miss. I'm sure I will get flamed for that one but I have a very uneasy feeling about them.

elksnort

Agree with Kevin n Hog Heaven, we better watch out for the teams that we're supposed to beat.

hogfan47

C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

sunshinehog

Quote from: hogken on October 11, 2006, 07:29:46 pm
thoughts again! this time please! please! no mention of any punch

Yes, with these two games at home we can win.  The Tennessee game will definetly be the harder of the two with the lack of a real home field advantage at RRS.  At least we aren't in Leland.  But the LSU game should rock.  The game that worries is the SC game over there.  SC can't stop the run so we should be OK.

hogsNbeer

Not going to sit here and say it's impossible to Beat both Tenn and LSU.... But unlikely that we will, unless we play perfect, sound, balanced, and mistake-free ball......... Tenn and LSU can both throw the ball.....Tenn is probably the best in the SEC as far as passing.....  Haven't check stats, but I'd guess they are in the top 3 in passing offense....... They are balanced and Cutcliffe has them believing again.....LSU is very good also...... Tall order to beat these 2..... but we need to worry about SEMO  .... See, this is what happens when you win a big game....You start looking past teams....and you lose to teams you shouldn't when you look ahead....... Just ask Dan Hawkins at Colorado..........

PulledPork

wouldn't this be funny if all of it came crashing down with a loss to SOS?

Pulled out...

Kevin n Hog Heaven

Thats Nutt's M.O. though. He will find a way to meddle just enough and mess this up somehow.

Tigerhog14s

For some reason I worry more about S.C. more than I do Tennessee or LSU. Sometimes we take teams like those too lightly.
Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

Kevin n Hog Heaven

Exactly. And with a moblie QB they have that doesnt bode well for us. I keep remembering how Vandy's QB ran all over us.

TechHog

I was at the Memphis-UT game a couple of weeks ago.  The front seven of UT's defense isn't the same one we're used to seeing.  Memphis was gashing them with the running game.  The D-line just didn't look very mobile/athletic to me.  I dare to say that the Hog o-line is a little better that the line of Memphis.  Memphis just got down too quickly and had to abandon the run game.  I'm just worried about UT's WR's.  They are every bit as good as Southern Cal's.  If we can limit their passing game and keep everthing in front of us. I think the Hogs can definitely beat UT.

Factual Fiction

You can do anything you put your mind to.......................................................or something like that................................................................

sunshinehog

Quote from: Factual Fiction on October 12, 2006, 04:37:13 pm
You can do anything you put your mind to.......................................................or something like that................................................................

I thought it was you can do anything after a beer or two.

spudhog

neither has a running game but the vols have proven they dont nee one. lswho cant score in big games. realistically yes. lswho will go down hard if we beat the vols. the vols did give up a bunch of points to that horrindous jawja o. 

hog caller

i will resevre my opinion until after we defend S. Carolinas 50 or so passes

gopigsgo

Your giving South Carolina to much credit, We'll pound them too. Tenn looks like the strongest team we'll face.I like how our schedule unfolds though as we have time between the tough games. And I agree about not overlooking ole miss.

PulledPork

Quote from: gopigsgo on October 12, 2006, 06:02:39 pm
Your giving South Carolina to much credit, We'll pound them too. Tenn looks like the strongest team we'll face.I like how our schedule unfolds though as we have time between the tough games. And I agree about not overlooking ole miss.
never, and I mean NEVER underestimate the ol' ball coach!!

Pulled out...

Dews

The only game that really scares me is Tennessee because of their excellent passing.

LSUFan

LSU Sucks this year, i.e. see last week, it ill be close but the crowd will be the difference.

tundrahawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 08:25:15 pm

Tim Couch had an impressive NFL career.  Who is he with now?

You're kidding right?  Like being a great college player has anything to do with the NFL.  Lots of great college players not playing in the pros.  they are different games.

Hog6

Quote from: TXrazorback on October 11, 2006, 07:31:01 pm

Yes, it is always a possibility that any team can beat another team by simply scoring more points before time expires.

We are going to beat them.  I have a long-standing argument going on with a Tenn grad.  He told me today he hoped 11 Nov would be a good game but their team was going to be beat to crap by then.  This guy never, never talks that way.  We are going to go into LSU undefeated except by the Condoms.

Kevin

i am not as confident as you guys.  call me pessimistic but i think it is possible for a 1-3 record for november to put us at 8-4, and a minor bowl
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mykidsdad

I agree. I have watched HDN ball for some time now (too long). We will loose at least 2 games (LSU and Tenn). I also feel like we will lose to USC. Of course I hope I am wrong. Houston will try to "keep it close" and as normal and because of this we will loose 2 of the games above that if we played "to win" we would have won.

LZH

If we can expect to see the effort and coaching like we did this past weekend, then, yes, of course.  If we can run for 225+ yds and the line can give MM some time to make his reads, we should be OK.  Defense, RH, IMO, does know what he's doing (on the field, anyway).  I worry about SC as much as I do Tennessee or LSU.  If we stay pissed, focused, and execute; I think we can not only win one of those two (3 counting SC), but if we continue to improve up front...we could actually pull this SEC West thing off!

hoghevn

Can we realistically beat Tenn & LSU??  ABSOLUTELY!!  Just like Auburn seemed impossible, these two are no diffferent.

maniax22bolts20

BattleHawg

I think we CAN 'realistically' beat tenn & lsbleaux, but I think it is much MORE 'realistic' that we will lose both games.

just being 'realistic'.

BH

Factual Fiction

Quote from: sunshinehog on October 12, 2006, 04:59:01 pm
Quote from: Factual Fiction on October 12, 2006, 04:37:13 pm

I thought it was you can do anything after a beer or two.

I stand corrected.........................................................................

jabohog

Quote from: dropie on October 11, 2006, 07:47:31 pm
Tenn now appears to be the toughest of the two.   I'll be happy with a split of this series, provided we beat the other USC.  If you asked me two weeks ago, I would say no way...now..looks promising. 

As crazy as it sounds, I'm more concerned about us losing a game we should win...the two most likely possibilities being USC and Ole Miss....dropie.

I have to agree with dropie. Our concern should be Ole Miss and South Carolina. If we beat an LSU or Tennessee, it will just be icing on the cake.

pigture perfect

Quote from: jabohog on October 12, 2006, 10:32:12 pm
Quote from: dropie on October 11, 2006, 07:47:31 pm
Tenn now appears to be the toughest of the two.   I'll be happy with a split of this series, provided we beat the other USC.  If you asked me two weeks ago, I would say no way...now..looks promising. 

As crazy as it sounds, I'm more concerned about us losing a game we should win...the two most likely possibilities being USC and Ole Miss....dropie.

I have to agree with dropie. Our concern should be Ole Miss and South Carolina. If we beat an LSU or Tennessee, it will just be icing on the cake.
These guys made sure they took their smart pills today. I absolutely agree.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

Quote from: BattleHawg on October 12, 2006, 10:10:04 pm
I think we CAN 'realistically' beat tenn & lsbleaux, but I think it is much MORE 'realistic' that we will lose both games.

just being 'realistic'.

BH

WORD....i think we lose 3 more games. The team that struggled to beat Vandy and Bama, IMO, is the real Razorback team....i just hope we can score more than 20 on SEMO....that to me is my biggest worry. Im not beatin my chest over the aburn win, call me crazy.

PORK CHOP

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 13, 2006, 04:12:43 am

just being 'realistic'.

BH

WORD....i think we lose 3 more games. The team that struggled to beat Vandy and Bama, IMO, is the real Razorback team....i just hope we can score more than 20 on SEMO....that to me is my biggest worry. Im not beatin my chest over the aburn win, call me crazy.
i wont call you crazy however, ill call you a crack head

hogfan47

C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

CPL HOG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 07:34:30 pm
absolutely not. We will not be able to stop the UT passing game. We can beat LSU, although they have much better wr's than auburn, so i doubt we will stop them in the air either.

And how did you call the Auburn game? Yes we can beat both of them. Will we who knows, but to say we cant is just stupid.

dman

Why not?  Go Hogs Go BEAT semo :razorback: :razorback:]

kitshicker

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 13, 2006, 04:12:43 am

just being 'realistic'.

BH

I wasn't going to call you crazy.......but you said I could, so....