Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

_Collin1

Quote from: OnYourToes on October 09, 2006, 04:04:18 pm
Quote from: reeser on October 09, 2006, 03:57:35 pm
if its the weekend of Spurrier vs. Flordia, they'll be there no doubt

Do they play at FLA?
They were just there Saturday!!
Is there a rule on only one place per season?

They have also been to USC already this year.
And they will be back for Notre Dame on the 18th.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff

_Collin1

Quote from: BassinHawg on October 09, 2006, 09:23:30 pm
Schedule for Saturday November 11, 2006 with Current Rankings

#1 Ohio State at Northwestern
South Carolina at #2 Florida
#4 Michigan at Indiana
Cincinnati at #5 West Virginia
#6 Texas at Kansas State
#16 Georgia at #11 Auburn
North Carolina State at #12 Clemson
#13 Georgia Tech at North Carolina
#25 Wisconsin at #15 Iowa
Texas Tech at #23 Oklahoma
Kent State at #22 Virginia Tech
#8 Tennessee at #17 Arkansas
#21 Nebraska at Texas A&M

What seperates us from the rest of the schedule, is you could possibly have SEC East #1 versus SEC West #1 in this game.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 09, 2006, 09:30:55 pm

#4 Michigan at Indiana
#6 Texas at Kansas State

If both Arkansas and Tennessee are 8-1, that game could be bigger than any of us could have imagined before the season started.

After this weekend all of those ranking are gonna change.  Arkansas should move up a spot or two.  But I'm willing to bet that either Florida moves downward or Auburn moves up.  If Auburn wins out and Arkansas wins out Arkansas will not overtake Auburn unless we win the SECCG game.  Their is absolutely no justice in having a preseason poll.  First poll should not be until after the third game of the season in mho.  When does Florida and Georgia play?  Could end up being a crazy tie breaker situation in the east this year. Florida beat Tennessee, Tennessee beat Georgia and if Georgia beats Florida.  The SEC is too competitive for it's own good (USA Today).

Oh yeah, the topic, ESPNGameday at Fayetteville on Nov.11, beats me! 

Go Hogs!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

waphill

Today, ESPN contacted the UA athletic dept grounds crew. They inquired as to whether there was room for their six semi trucks that transport the Gameday stage, and also if there was a place they could set up the stage. This is not speculation, or a rumor. It is not set in stone, but I believe if both teams win out, it is a good possibility that Gameday could be in Fayetteville. ESPN has also reserved 70 rooms for the Tenn. weekend.

Landonhog

Quote from: waphill on October 25, 2006, 06:15:49 pm
Today, ESPN contacted the UA athletic dept grounds crew. They inquired as to whether there was room for their six semi trucks that transport the Gameday stage, and also if there was a place they could set up the stage. This is not speculation, or a rumor. It is not set in stone, but I believe if both teams win out, it is a good possibility that Gameday could be in Fayetteville. ESPN has also reserved 70 rooms for the Tenn. weekend.

Cool...  Thanks for the update...  We'll see...

HOGSWEAT

You cant just up and say something like that on this board and not quote a source.... if karma was hear, you'd be near the bottom of the barrel as far as karma goes! haha i'm playing, i would like to hear your source though

Ross U (HDHF)

I would say they sit on the hill in the NE corner with their backs to the inside of the stadium, BUT you wouldn't have the massive number of fans back there holding up "CORSO IS A @!$K" signs. :P  Maybe north of the pit?  What does everyone else think?

shanewayne

They are already commited to USC that weekend so we get second best again. Too bad,  Soo sad, Thats the way it is.
The decisions that you make today WILL affect you for the rest of your life.

LZH

Tennessee has a tough road to get there with only one loss.  I think it is up to their schedule moreso than ours.

waphill

Quote from: AR Taco04 on October 25, 2006, 06:24:00 pm
You cant just up and say something like that on this board and not quote a source.... if karma was hear, you'd be near the bottom of the barrel as far as karma goes! haha i'm playing, i would like to hear your source though

My source is my roomie. He is Pat Berger's assistant on the football field. I'm just going by what he told me. He said they were thinking of the stage in front of the Poultry Science building, so that it overlooks all of the pit. He is the same source that told me Dmac was practicing in a steel toe shoe. I posted. No one believed me. It was on the news the next day.

Quote from: shanewayne on October 25, 2006, 06:25:25 pm
They are already commited to USC that weekend so we get second best again. Too bad,  Soo sad, Thats the way it is.

Maybe they are, I don't know. That is what happened on the hill today.

MM-gohogs

also the fact that gameday has the schedule set before the season starts could make it tough for them to make the tennessee game.
but isn't the tennessee game scheduled for 6pm rather than TBA? aren't those times usually set in stone?
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

razorhog29

I thought gameday was a week bye week decesion

Cajun Hog

They will have them set-up at the Gardens where they have room for the set and trucks.  The only rooms are in Ft. Smith and ESPN isn't trilled with that and the distance to travel.

Side note I'm in Columbia, SC and Corso is taking a BEATING on the radio.  He will be booed big time at Gameday this week.  He's hated in cock land.

TripleJ

while we do have a chance to host gameday it really comes down to one major thing. it depends if espn will be showing a decent game that week. if the arkansas v tenn game is on cbs and abc/espn have a game that is even close in terms of ratings then they will promote their game before they will cbs'. that is just good business  :razorback:

Cajun Hog

Quote from: TripleJ on October 25, 2006, 07:36:46 pm
while we do have a chance to host gameday it really comes down to one major thing. it depends if espn will be showing a decent game that week. if the arkansas v tenn game is on cbs and abc/espn have a game that is even close in terms of ratings then they will promote their game before they will cbs'. that is just good business  :razorback:

ESPN has a contract with the SEC.
while we do have a chance to host gameday it really comes down to one major thing. it depends if espn will be showing a decent game that week. if the arkansas v tenn game is on cbs and abc/espn have a game that is even close in terms of ratings then they will promote their game before they will cbs'. that is just good business  :razorback:
[/quote]
Quote from: TripleJ on October 25, 2006, 07:36:46 pm

REALTOR Hog

I think we have a better chance of having the Ark vs. South Carolina game on Gameday.. Next week nobody really good is playing, ESPN loves spurrier and columbia, the only chance of this happening is IF south carolina beats tennessee saturday.. probably won't happen, but there is a very good possiblity because all you have to do is pressure Ainge and he crumbles.
- GO HOGS -

razorhog29

noway gameday goes to SC 2 weeks in a row

Cajun Hog

Quote from: mhunterg13 on October 25, 2006, 07:44:35 pm
I think we have a better chance of having the Ark vs. South Carolina game on Gameday.. Next week nobody really good is playing, ESPN loves spurrier and columbia, the only chance of this happening is IF south carolina beats tennessee saturday.. probably won't happen, but there is a very good possiblity because all you have to do is pressure Ainge and he crumbles.

They will not be in the same town two weeks in a row.  IMO

enl35794

I think we've got a real good shot at getting it. There are a few good games around the nation, but, granted its if we both win out up until the game, this game between the Hogs and Vols is a major factor in who could be/will be going to the SECCG. That alone could be enough to bring them in. Add on to that fact that it could be 2 top 10 teams playing each other, another big boost in the arm.

But, in the end, as someone else stated, it comes down to how our game with SC goes. If we lose, its over. If we barely win, good chance they just head Gainesville for the return of the OBC. But, if we win like a top 10 team should, we'll get Gameday here.

I'm gonna go ahead and reserve my sign that reads "You finally came!! Now get the hell out, Corso!"
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

BleedRazrBackRed

If Arkansas and Tennessee both win out until that game, I would think that Gameday is our's to lose.

HogasaurusRex

I talked to the Manager @ the new Embassy suites on Tuesday to try and book one of their banquet halls for Notshavin and my show.  I asked him point blank if ESPN was planning to stay there and he told me that they had called him for the Banquet facilities as well as rooms.  He said that he refered them to Ft.Smith and that he wished he could have gotten them in because of the publicity, and the fact that he is an avid sports fan.  They are looking according to him.

DaJobby VanPeltrino

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 09, 2006, 09:30:55 pm

#4 Michigan at Indiana
#6 Texas at Kansas State

If both Arkansas and Tennessee are 8-1, that game could be bigger than any of us could have imagined before the season started.

They have already been to Florida, Auburn, Clemson, and Iowa this year and I highly doubt they will repeat any of those spots.  They have also already been to USC, Georgia Tech, and Texas so its not likely they will cover those teams again.  That being said, however, they are covering Tennessee at S. Carolina this weekend and may be hesitant to follow them again.  It looks like our comp will be Michigan @ Indiana, Cinci @ W. Virginia, or Nebraska @ A&M.  We've got a good shot to get it here.  Keep your fingers crossed.

DaJobby VanPeltrino

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on October 25, 2006, 08:09:30 pm
I talked to the Manager @ the new Embassy suites on Tuesday to try and book one of their banquet halls for Notshavin and my show.  I asked him point blank if ESPN was planning to stay there and he told me that they had called him for the Banquet facilities as well as rooms.  He said that he refered them to Ft.Smith and that he wished he could have gotten them in because of the publicity, and the fact that he is an avid sports fan.  They are looking according to him.

They have probably reserved rooms at 4 or 5 possible spots though.

IndyHog76

Quote from: MM-gohogs on October 25, 2006, 07:20:39 pm
also the fact that gameday has the schedule set before the season starts could make it tough for them to make the tennessee game.
but isn't the tennessee game scheduled for 6pm rather than TBA? aren't those times usually set in stone?

Where did you get that the ESPN College Gameday schedule was set before the season starts?!?!  No way that is true.

hog_fan

Time for Vols game will be announced on Monday. It is listed as 1:00, but that will change. Look for CBS at 2:30 or ESPN at night. I hope it is night and is covered like Florida and Auburn game on all the eSPN channells. Not sure what that was called, but it was cool.

IndyHog76

Quote from: hog_fan on October 25, 2006, 08:38:59 pm
Time for Vols game will be announced on Monday. It is listed as 1:00, but that will change. Look for CBS at 2:30 or ESPN at night. I hope it is night and is covered like Florida and Auburn game on all the eSPN channells. Not sure what that was called, but it was cool.

ESPN Full Circle.  It would be nice if that was our game.

Landonhog

Wow!  We have a bunch of people here with COMPLETELY contradictory FACTS!  Pretty incredible to watch such a reckless scene... 

We have a chance, but it will depend on how all the teams do between now and November 5th.  Sit back and relax...

hogfan13

Quote from: hog_fan on October 25, 2006, 08:38:59 pm
That'll be announced along with the ESPN Gameday for the upcoming saturday. Which will be announce

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: Landonhog on October 25, 2006, 08:42:17 pm
Wow!  We have a bunch of people here with COMPLETELY contradictory FACTS!  Pretty incredible to watch such a reckless scene... 

We have a chance, but it will depend on how all the teams do between now and November 5th.  Sit back and relax...
No contridiction in this, call 1-479-254-8400 and ask for the sales manager Scott.  As proud as he was to tell me; Im sure he'd tell y'all too! 8) :)

hogfan13

Sit back and relax...
THERE'S NO TIME TO SIT BACK AND REEELAAAXXX.LOUISIANA MONROE IS JUST A LITTLE BITTY ACORN IN THE ROAD THAT WE'LL CRUSH JUST ENTERING WAR M. SOUTH CAROLINA IS THE TALK. GO TENNESSEE BEAT CAROLINA AND SPURR

Landonhog

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on October 25, 2006, 08:46:23 pm

No contridiction in this, call 1-479-254-8400 and ask for the sales manager Scott.  As proud as he was to tell me; Im sure he'd tell y'all too! 8) :)

I don't doubt ya...  If you scroll through the threads on this subject, everyone has posted "facts" from one extreme end to the other...  Just funny!

hog caller

maybe cbs will be interested again.

football17

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 25, 2006, 06:28:44 pm
1. GameDay usually goes to games appearing on ESPN or ABC.

2. Logistics might keep it from happening. Try finding one hotel room in NWA that weekend, let alone 70 or so.

They supposedly reserved rooms a week ro so ago... also, the game doesnt have to be on ABC or ESPN... example: Auburn vs. LSU

hogfan13

Quote from: football17 on October 25, 2006, 09:56:33 pm
They supposedly reserved rooms a week ro so ago... also, the game doesnt have to be on ABC or ESPN... example: Auburn vs. LSU
thats true. I mean Hell. the Game could be on TBS ;)

HOGNWATERLOO

gameday should be there instead of another sorry ass conference game

ArmyHogfan1981

dudelove

If we win the next two weeks both teams should be in the top 10 in both major polls and AR would probably be top 10 in the BCS with the help from the Coaches Poll.

Doesn't ESPN get first choice two weeks on SEC games?  They already used one on Florida vs. Auburn.  Wouldn't the logical game to choose next be Ark vs. Tenn if both teams are in the top 10?

I don't see any reason they WOULDN'T come if we're both 10 AND ESPN in televising the game.

mckinneyhog

If we beat LM and South Carolina, and Tennessee wins their next two games, then I think there is a huge chance you will see Gameday in Arkansas. 

hog_fan

CBS and ESPN will pick which game they will televised Monday so Vols and LSU and Arkansas South Carolina will have yet to be played. Maybe they use the 6 day window for that week.

OzarkHighs

jackwalker

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 26, 2006, 11:00:26 am

2. Logistics might keep it from happening. Try finding one hotel room in NWA that weekend, let alone 70 or so.

If you tried to find 70 rooms for the Ark/Tenn game, you could have started in September and not found them all in NWA.

Several sources in both NWA and Fort Smith are saying ESPN might wind up staying down here for that game. But finding 70 rooms in Fort Smith can be a problem on game weekends.

I'm sure it's hard to find hotels in Austin Texas during a gameweekend too...
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

dana caldwell

i love arkansas' odds if the hogs and vols win between now and then:

1) new -- and gorgeous -- venue for them
2) slow day as far as monster matchups
3) great matchup with a pretty good history of close and dramatic calls
4) arkansas is on the verge of becoming a national underdog darling of sorts. heck, folks down here in florida are SUPER intrigued with what's going on.
5) it's the SEC!
6) chance for corso or herbstreit to wear an Uncle Heavy's.
7) would lead directly into kickoff which i believe is much better than gameday sets at places that have night games. that means there will be TONS of fans onhand during the broadcast.

HighonSwine

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 26, 2006, 10:27:40 am
If we beat LM and South Carolina, and Tennessee wins their next two games, then I think there is a huge chance you will see Gameday in Arkansas. 

If that scenario happens, there is no huge chance Gameday will be here, it is for sure 100% Gameday will be here if that happens.

ESPN has already reserved rooms in the area.  If both teams win, Gameday will be here and Corso will get his lifetime dream of wearing the Hog hat.  Although I hope he goes against us.

jackwalker

Quote from: dana caldwell on October 26, 2006, 12:28:20 pm
i love arkansas' odds if the hogs and vols win between now and then:

1) new -- and gorgeous -- venue for them
2) slow day as far as monster matchups
3) great matchup with a pretty good history of close and dramatic calls
4) arkansas is on the verge of becoming a national underdog darling of sorts. heck, folks down here in florida are SUPER intrigued with what's going on.
5) it's the SEC!
6) chance for corso or herbstreit to wear an Uncle Heavy's.
7) would lead directly into kickoff which i believe is much better than gameday sets at places that have night games. that means there will be TONS of fans onhand during the broadcast.

I agree with all.  Although number 3 takes me back to the 63-20 shellacking in 2000.

jackwalker

woodhog14

Gameday was NOT at the LSU/Auburn game earlier this year.  They were out in LA for the USC/Nebraska game that day.  For Gameday to show up somewhere, it doesn't have to be televised by ESPN or ABC. They have done plenty in the past that have been on CBS and NBC as well(Notre Dame).

Dugann

Think if Lee steps one foot on the Hill we'll be jinxxed for 10 years HECK no.... go some where else game day!  :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: dudelove on October 26, 2006, 10:01:56 am
Doesn't ESPN get first choice two weeks on SEC games?  They already used one on Florida vs. Auburn.  Wouldn't the logical game to choose next be Ark vs. Tenn if both teams are in the top 10?

CBS always gets first pick, but CBS is only allowed to show the same team no more than four times in the regular season. They showed Florida against Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, and already had the Georgia game scheduled. So CBS couldn't show the Florida/Auburn game. That is why ESPN ended up with that game.

If Arkansas and Tennessee are both in the top 10 there is no way in the world CBS doesn't pick up our game. There is also no way in the world Gameday will not be here. It will be by far the national game of the week.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: HighonSwine on October 26, 2006, 12:33:09 pm....ESPN has already reserved rooms in the area.....

This sounds a heck of a lot like "Butch Davis bought a house in Springdale."