Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More SOUR GRAPES.....I just love it...

Started by Hawgdawgrain, October 09, 2006, 08:25:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreyu

I wasn't really impressed with Irons either.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Jim Harris

October 09, 2006, 10:59:30 am #51 Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 11:01:42 am by drakehog
Quote from: DoubleJ on October 09, 2006, 10:19:52 am
despite getting destroyed.  Kenny Irons - "It's difficult knowing you lost to a team that's not that great.  They're not Georgia, Florida, or LSU."  DT Sen'Derrick Marks - "We were the better team.  We dominated the line of scrimmage.  They just have great backs."

Does anyone else enjoy hearing this stuff.  We blew them up and still get no respect. 

http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3444

I saw those quotes in the Auburn-Opelika paper. I also saw where Sen'Derrick Marks told Scott Cain of the D-G that Arkansas dominated the line of scrimmage. I know Scott well enough to know he gets his quotes spot on. Could be the Auburn writer misquoted Marks. Or maybe he caught Marks afterward and got what he wanted to hear.

I do believe Irons said what he said. Which, of course, is a total reverse of what he said to reporters on Friday, that the game would show which one, he or McFadden, were better and he expected it to be him. The guy cannot talk. Listening to him interveiwed on the local station there, he talked with marbles in his mouth and made no sense. In fact, it might be hard to deduce from hearing him talk that he actually said the exact words he's quoted as saying. It appears that editorial license was taken to make his quotes sound better than how he really speaks.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Whataboar™

Well ... he's right about one thing, we DO have great backs.  ;D
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

Razorback53

What a Bunch of sore losers oh well we got what we wanted I hope Florida beat the darn out of them next week too

Ray Zor

Kenny Irons knows the truth.  Pain and embarrassment cause people to react poorly at times.  D Mac has always been and will forever be better than Irons.  Hey Kenny- Hush Hush!  
GO HOGS

HogHeathen

Bitter sore loser...plain and simple.

DoubleJ

Quote from: drakehog on October 09, 2006, 10:59:30 am
Quote from: DoubleJ on October 09, 2006, 10:19:52 am
despite getting destroyed.  Kenny Irons - "It's difficult knowing you lost to a team that's not that great.  They're not Georgia, Florida, or LSU."  DT Sen'Derrick Marks - "We were the better team.  We dominated the line of scrimmage.  They just have great backs."

Does anyone else enjoy hearing this stuff.  We blew them up and still get no respect. 

http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3444

I saw those quotes in the Auburn-Opelika paper. I also saw where Sen'Derrick Marks told Scott Cain of the D-G that Arkansas dominated the line of scrimmage. I know Scott well enough to know he gets his quotes spot on. Could be the Auburn writer misquoted Marks. Or maybe he caught Marks afterward and got what he wanted to hear.

I do believe Irons said what he said. Which, of course, is a total reverse of what he said to reporters on Friday, that the game would show which one, he or McFadden, were better and he expected it to be him. The guy cannot talk. Listening to him interveiwed on the local station there, he talked with marbles in his mouth and made no sense. In fact, it might be hard to deduce from hearing him talk that he actually said the exact words he's quoted as saying. It appears that editorial license was taken to make his quotes sound better than how he really speaks.
I hope he was misquoted, cause that just doesn't make sense.

Hog in MO

Quote from: hogfancb on October 09, 2006, 09:47:15 am
Quote from: RazorWire ® on October 09, 2006, 08:38:48 am
Irons and Co. are about to get rude awaking part II this weekend at Florida ...

The game is in Auburn( Arkansas House )!

True, they get UF at home.  And something tells me AU will pull this one out.  They will be extremely motivated (i.e. PI$$ED).  Plus, UF is overated as well IMO.  It took 5 LSU turnovers for them to win at home Saturday. 

Tomhog™

Ok.  Let's take the TD away then.  OH, what?  The score would have been 20-10?  I guess McFadden ran so hard it 'messed them up'.  Let's take that away too.  But still it's 13-10?  Hmmmm.  Davis made an ugly face at the defense and should have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Take away BOTH field goals and now its 10-7.  Auburn wins...  How's that you bunch of Auburn cry-babies?

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hog in MO on October 09, 2006, 11:33:26 am

True, they get UF at home.  And something tells me AU will pull this one out.  They will be extremely motivated (i.e. PI$$ED).  Plus, UF is overated as well IMO.  It took 5 LSU turnovers for them to win at home Saturday. 

It's not like they squeeked out the win.  I say Florida takes it to them.  We gave Urban a great insight into how to beat Auburn.  TT won't have that advantage...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

stan the man

We should all hope that Auburn plays Florida a close game, otherwise it will give the appearance that Auburn really was highly overated and that it was no big thing about us beating them.  I have a feeling Auburn will win.

lyon98

The Irons kind of reminds me of Batman, and others, and their on field and post game comments. I expect Tubby told his team the same as he said in the press  conference. They whipped our tails and we have to do better or Florida will hand us our asses. His players know by now what happened, even tho they might not state it publicly.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Hog in MO

Quote from: Tomcat on October 09, 2006, 11:42:35 am
Quote from: Hog in MO on October 09, 2006, 11:33:26 am

It's not like they squeeked out the win.  I say Florida takes it to them.  We gave Urban a great insight into how to beat Auburn.  TT won't have that advantage...

No, the game wasn't a squeaker.  But LSU bested UF in almost every statistical category but still lost.  Why? because they turned the ball over 5 times.  They fumbled on the UF goal line and muffed a punt in their own endzone.  LSU gift-wrapped that game and put it under the tree for UF.

I'm just laying out my opinion that Uf is Overrated right now - but so was AU before Saturday.  UF is coming into AU where the whole place is going to be extremely motivated after we whipped them.  Maybe i'm reaching, but i don't see urban leaving auburn with a W. 

razorbackfan4life

pignatious

The Irons brothers are no class whiners. Sorry the Hogs exposed you as the over-rated cry babies you are.
Freedom is never free.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE on October 09, 2006, 10:44:15 am
from our players. 

We expect to win and lose with dignity.

These types of responses don't go over well with us, and hopefully somebody will get hold of them and straighten 'em out.

http://mb27.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=139283.topic

War Eagle!!! BT:OB+

I do appreciate you Aubbies comin' over here and  taking it like adults. We know all too well how it feels to be on the other side of the ball in a game like that. Your win at Fayetteville in 2003 hurt us deeply and started your current run of success. Hopefully this last Saturday indicates that it is now OUR turn to have our day in the sun.

Good luck against Florida.

WPS and Go Hogs Go.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: 99aubie on October 09, 2006, 10:27:01 am
18-21 year-old kids usually speak before they think.

as a collective whole, the fan base was impressed with the a$$ whipping dished out on Saturday.

The zip code to mail Auburn's manhood back is 36830 and can you please overnight that?  We have Florida rolling into town this weekend.  We'll pay for the shipping.

Nice game and good luck the rest of the way.
Thank you for adding class to this thread.  Attacking players from any team as "Crybabies" and "whiners" or anything else is classless and we should be better than that.  Grow up fellas.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I agree, they better have the equipment strapped down!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

cowboym

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on October 09, 2006, 12:08:27 pm
Quote from: BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE on October 09, 2006, 10:44:15 am
from our players. 

We expect to win and lose with dignity.

These types of responses don't go over well with us, and hopefully somebody will get hold of them and straighten 'em out.

http://mb27.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=139283.topic

War Eagle!!! BT:OB+

Everyone should go read the link to the Auburn board.

Tubs was very complimentary of our play.  Our D-Line and O-Line won the game for us pure and simple.  Irons need to run some gassers for his comments, but I guess you can't punish players for being stupid these days.  Those comments reflect on the coach.  We Kicked their butts with smash mouth football and they apparently can't take it.

Go Hogs

:razorback:
Cowboy M

cbjagman

Good point, Mr. Prozac. I'm sure that we ran away from Mark's side all day long with the exception of his three plays. What else would explain his not being in on all the other 42 rushing plays that our "weak and sorry" offense tried on Saturday. A true legend  (and All American) in his own mind!

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Atreyu on October 09, 2006, 10:57:46 am
I wasn't really impressed with Irons either.

I didn't even notice thier running backs.  I was to busy watching us winning!