Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn predictions

Started by Reb-87, September 25, 2006, 05:56:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reb-87

September 25, 2006, 05:56:14 pm Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:01:52 pm by Reb-87
I know its early but what do yall think and why?

I got 20-17 auburn or 14-21 Arkansas depending on if we force a turnover or not

Cold_Roses_80

who is Aburun?  I wish we were playing them instead of Auburn.

Auburn 28  Arkansas 14

Suidae

Can we get Fred Talley back for one game?
Auburn 27 Arkansas 21

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Reb-87 on September 25, 2006, 05:56:14 pm
I know its early but what do yall think and why?

I got 20-17 auburn or 14-21 Arkansas depending on if we force a turnover or not

I think you are way off.  It's going to be ugly....very ugly..
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

SPAL

Reb-87

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on September 25, 2006, 05:58:59 pm

Auburn 28  Arkansas 14

oops i fixed it, thanks

Cold_Roses_80

Quote from: Reb-87 on September 25, 2006, 06:02:31 pm
Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on September 25, 2006, 05:58:59 pm

Auburn 28  Arkansas 14

oops i fixed it, thanks

haha just playing

razorbackfan4life

TheMediocreEra

maybe herring should try purple

50-17 auburn

9-3-06

Reaganite

hawgfan_18

42-10 auburn.  they just look too good on defense, and their offense is better than ours

HogFaninGA

dirthog

48-6 is there any doubt. oh by the way the 6 is touchdown
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

Flatline

Auburn - 45

Arkansas - 13

We make a FG.

go hogues

I would love to see us win this one, but I just don't think we will be able to stop them.  Even if we stop the run, we showed that we cannot stop the pass and Auburn always seems to do a good job at picking apart our weaknesses.  I think we lose this one ugly but then have a legitimate shot at running the tables from this game on.

AUBIE: 53
HOGS: 17

Prove me wrong Hogs, because I'll be rooting for you NO MATTER WHAT!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PiggyBack

AU  42
UA  7

The toughest defense we will see all year.  The best coach we will see all year.  Oh yeah, he should be our coach......
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

LZH

We get 3 takeaways...........still 35-17 Auburn.

HawgLover08

I wouldn't watch the game unless I thought we had a chance to win, but realistically Auburn has a clear cut advantage. I still think we can keep it respectable and it won't be a massacre

Arkansas- 17
   Auburn- 31

wincrimson

RockyTop

Auburn 51
Arkansas 3
Too much Kenny Irons

Anson Marlow

These predictions are laughable.  I think it is going on a limb to say the Hogs win, but get freaking real.  I know that many of you wish those scores would occur, so your message board persona would grow. 
/list]

Hong Kong Sooey

Auburn 42
Hogs 10

This game will not be close barring some calamity like Hurricane Bozo washing away the Home locker room right before the players take the field.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on September 25, 2006, 06:08:35 pm
42-10 auburn.  they just look too good on defense, and their offense is better than ours
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 25, 2006, 06:11:08 pm
Auburn 42  Arkansas 10
Looks like we see things the same way here.  BTW, that is a TD, missed EP, and 2 Safeties.

Idahog

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 25, 2006, 07:58:11 pm
Auburn 42
Hogs 10

This game will not be close barring some calamity like Hurricane Bozo washing away the Home locker room right before the players take the field.

That has already been arranged.

Ark 7-Aub 0  (After the calamity)
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

bighog77

tulsahog36

If Mitch plays like he did vs. Alabama:
Auburn 49    Arkansas 7

If Mitch throws 3 TD's:
Auburn 35  Arkansas 28

I don't envision any way Arkansas could beat Auburn.   But then agian, who would have guessed that Alabama would miss 3 field goals and an extra point, and that a lateral to DMac vs. Vandy would have been called incomplete and the wind picking up right when Vandy kicked their field goal.    Anything can happen, but the only way Ark wins is with some fortunate calls, some divine intervention, and some luck.   

cubsfan5150

Auburn 38
Arkansas 10

Auburn leads 31-0 going into the fourth.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

HamShank

Frank and Swine

Arkansas 35
Auburn 31

Why not? Someone has Houston's backside covered. He should have already called Two Men and a Truck by now. But I like winning, so go hogs!!!  :razorback:

hawgfan_18

September 25, 2006, 08:29:11 pm #29 Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:32:31 pm by hawgfan_18
ya i just don't see this game going well for us it will be like the 2004 game, when auburn went undefeated.

ThisTeetsTaken

Auburn needs to run the score up on us to jump ahead of USC in the polls for sure this year.
44-13 Tigers
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

southeasthog

27 to 21 Auburn.

Sorry guys but Auburn is not the second best team in the country and cannot hang 50 on us like some of you want.

Rooka

War Eagles- 24
Razorbacks- 13

That is the closest score I can predict, with a little brain involved.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: Anson Marlow on September 25, 2006, 07:55:27 pm
These predictions are laughable.  I think it is going on a limb to say the Hogs win, but get freaking real.  I know that many of you wish those scores would occur, so your message board persona would grow. 

Hey sweet sunshine, I didn't catch your prediction?

Here's mine: Auburn 45  Hogs 14

And it is not because I want that score...I want the reverse...but Auburn is a lot better than the Hogs right now.

...Gavel down
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: southeasthog on September 25, 2006, 09:52:09 pm
27 to 21 Auburn.

Sorry guys but Auburn is not the second best team in the country and cannot hang 50 on us like some of you want.
Why do you believe anyone wants Auburn to score 50?  I think 99.9% of the posters on this board want one thing.  They want the Hogs to win!  The debate is over who gets to drive the bus.  Auburn is a MUCH better team that Arkansas.  Auburn is more than likely a better team than USC was on September 2nd.  Arkansas' D may have held Kenneth Darby in check, but Kenny Irons is a different animal.  Auburn's D scores at least one TD and sets up another, KI runs wild, and we lose in a rout.  I ain't happy about it, but reason says it's so.

Mordekai

No brain movement here:  I going with my team now matter how badly they *might* get beat.

Arkansas  27
Auburn    24

-- Mordekai

SpiceIslandHog

guys I don't know how many points Auburn will score because our defense is so flakey lately, but I could see them shutting out our offense easily. Hope it's not true, but they have a VERY talented defense. Didn't they hold LSU to 3?

HoopS

You'll get my prediction next week....I'm still processing the numbers.  Right now, I'm pretyt sure Cox will throw for about 862 yards.  Other than that, we may have a shot...

Supermark101

September 25, 2006, 10:18:36 pm #38 Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 11:04:02 pm by Supermark101
Auburn doesn't run any better than they did against LSU :razorback:

We won't run the ball much better than Auburn  :(

The offence breaks out the no huddle  ;D

Auburn hasn't seen the no huddle from us this year and can't stop it.
:razorback:
Jones runes the opening kickoff back 98 yards  :razorback: :razorback:

We stuff Irons on first and second downs of Auburn's first possession :razorback:

Randy Kelly picks off Cox on third and long, and runs it back for 6 :razorback:

We jump out to a 14 point lead :razorback:

Mitch doesn't fill pressured to throw into TRIPLE COVERAGE >:( and throws for 290 and 2TD, come on Russell threw for 270 for LSU,  :razorback:

We can't stop Cox, but he throws 2 picks :razorback:

We win 28 - 21 ;D

Mark it down  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIGSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

People, we shouldn't make any predictions, it could affect Coach Nutt.

We need to just get behind him, he knows what's best and that will be the end score.

Let's get behind Coach Nutt!!

WPS and GHG!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

judgeroyswine

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 25, 2006, 10:19:48 pm

We need to just get behind him, he knows what's best and that will be the end score.

WPS and GHG!!!

Who are you and what did you do with Shavin?

...Gavel down
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.

werehog

If Mitch has game, we can win. Reggie's defense will stuff Kenny Irons. Hell, Buffalo, one of the worst teams -- if not the worst team -- made Auburn struggle. Mitch needs to play within himself and not throw into triple coverage. Auburn is not the best defensive team we will see all year. We've already played the Trojans. Win or lose, we'll make a game of it. As another poster pointed out -- if Jamarcus Russell can throw for 270 against Auburn so can Mitch. I think DMac and Felix will prove to be the best backs on the field. Peyton Hillis can have a big day, if the coaches will use his talents. Arkansas, 19-14, in another ugly game.

Reaganite

September 25, 2006, 10:59:12 pm #43 Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 11:23:13 pm by Reaganite
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 25, 2006, 10:19:48 pm

WPS and GHG!!!

Who scheduled opposite day without telling me????

That being the case:

The spirit of our beloved broadcaster continues to confound opposing teams. 

Only this time it's a flip flop of 2003.

In 2003, Arkansas was ranked after beating Texass and looking to destroy Auburn at home.  The two teams then traded destinies.  The result was a 10-3 loss and the darkside began gaining strength.  The War Turkeys went on to be undefeated.

In 2006 the spirits of papa Nutt, Paul Eells, and Frank Broyles former self confound Blubberville into calling boneheaded-riverboat gambler plays, only allows Auburn to make one field goal before turning on the wind machine.  Our defense stops marveling at their initial pubic hairs and finally finds it's total manhood and somehow shuts them down at home.  End of the 1st half: Ark-0 AU-3

After the novel concept of halftime adjustments, Mustain is dead on between the 20's going 15 of 20, but spends most of the game handing off to DMac, Jones, and Smith and they run wild using mis-direction, eating up the clock, and Crawford gets a big TD in the 3rd Qtr.  Ark-7 AU-3

Skinner's ritual becomes gold as he puts AU inside their 10 4 times.  In the 4th Qtr., Jeremy Davis nails a 35 yard FG with 3:20 to go.  Ark-10 AU-3.

Auburn in a desperate attempt to make a play, fires long into double coverage and the ball lands in the hands of Chris Houston who returns the ball to the Arkansas 35.  Arkansas runs the clock out and Nutt tries to lead the Auburn band in the Razorback fight song.  At this time, they unleash their bird of prey and it plucks whats left of his finger nails off and he runs into the locker room screaming like a wild m...  Oh yeah... positive.

This concludes my version of opposite day.

hoghevn

Auburn is still banged up from LSU - that's why even the Buffs scored a TD on them.  Visor boy (Spurrier) will give them an inspiring game for at least a half before going down late in the third this Thursday night.  Then Auburn develops a game plan to crowd the box, stuff the run and pressure Mitch, all while looking ahead and preparing for their "Big" game against Florida the next week and overlook us.  The Hogs have two weeks to rest up, heal and get back on track.  Mitch, learns from his mistakes, has the game of his young career as well as Monk, Williams and Cleveland and then the ground game gets going in the second half.  We have a triple overtime and win by 7.  GO HOGS!!!!  I know I'm dreaming, but don't wake me, I'm happy.....

WestMemphisHogFan

RootnShoot

Arkansas 19

Aubrurunr 16

I think the defensive adjustments we made last week to stop the run will actually be backed up by some decent secondary help. On offense Mustain calms himself and the running game is active. We will need a special teams or defensive score. We will be able to have 2 extra days with game film, plus be able to see what worked against them that LSU did.

I really don't think this is the foregone conclusion that some may think. Nutt coaches the big games best, and maybe Malzahn throws in a "statue-of-liberty" play for good measure.

Go Hogs
There are more important things.

Reaganite

September 25, 2006, 11:48:09 pm #47 Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 11:51:23 pm by Reaganite
Quote from: RootnShoot on September 25, 2006, 11:35:00 pm
We will be able to have 2 extra days with game film, plus be able to see what worked against them that LSU did.

I really don't think this is the foregone conclusion that some may think. Nutt coaches the big games best, and maybe Malzahn throws in a "statue-of-liberty" play for good measure.

Go Hogs

You bring up a very good point there.  Spurrier may be able to show the way with that hot WR in Rice.  Between that and the LSU film, that could be a gold mine of info.

Malzahn will try to find every weakness he can and use it.  Mustain was throwing better on roll outs and slants.  If we can get the ball into Felix and Mcfadden's hands in slant situations and a good mix of trickeration, we might (a big, huge, unbelieveable-but ya gotta believe- MIGHT) be able to go score for score.  BTW, does it seem like Mustain works better when the game is in doubt?  Big 80 yard drive vs. USC, marches right down the field after Vandy scores first, makes the play when it's critical in OT, etc.

It's going to be interesting.  I just hope it's not embarassing.

ThaRockArkansas

Auburn 34
Arkansas 13

Mustain gets knocked out in the 3rd quarter....

Auburn will put all kinds of pressure on him all day long.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ThaRockArkansas on September 25, 2006, 11:52:55 pm
Auburn 34
Arkansas 13

Mustain gets knocked out in the 3rd quarter....

Auburn will put all kinds of pressure on him all day long.

Now this is just negative.  I understand your fears, but a few breaks hear and there that Coach Nutt knows how to capitolize on and we might find ourselves in a running game struggle!

We could pull this out if it goes into OT!

Wheres your Hogs spirit, WPS!

GHG!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07