Previous topic - Next topic

Can we beat Auburn?

Yes
139 (53.3%)
No
122 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Flatline

This is not the same Auburn.  Tommy has surrounded himself with great coaches.  It is not going to be an easy game at all.  I hope we get out of there without anyone getting seriously hurt.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 26, 2006, 08:57:30 pm
It'll be tough to do,  but if we play more conservative ball control offense and ride our horses (McFadden and Jones) we might have a chance to win it late in the 4th quarter.
Coach Nutt knows that we have to ride our horses and make them drink a full dose of our run attack.  He is making something Special happen for Auburun on Saturday when we win 28-17.

Hawgin84

Not if the Hogs play the way they have been playing. The play will have to be stepped up substantially. The Hogs will have to play their absolute best and create some turnovers and CAPITALIZE on them. Of course that describes most any team playing Auburn.

hawgdaddy306

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 24, 2006, 09:27:22 pm
Can or Will are two different questions.

Exactly.  The way its worded you have to say yes, since it leaves all variables open. 

IF TT has a family emergency or something next week, and has to leave the state, thereby cant impliment his gameplan properly, yes, we could win.

IF the Dline for Auburn gets food posioning and develops projectile vomiting, yes, we can win.

See what I mean?
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

BassinHawg

95% NO
5% YES

Anything is possible but, this year it is really wishful thinking.

The Hogs are nowhere remotely good enough to pull it off.

The only way that 5% is possible is if we played a perfect game and Auburn had a couple of key turnovers and/or injuries (not wishing for injuries though).
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

loserhog3-7

We always have a chance to win period. That's why the game is played. Now will we win? Probably not cause Auburn his great on both sides of the ball. Yes we can if we continue to get lucky and improve our game.

the notorious P.I.G.

I think we have as good a chance as anybody. I don't think anyone is going undefeated in the SEC this year. If you look at the Alabama game, the D held Darby to 64 yards. He and Kenny Irons are of similar styles. They are not home run threats like D-mac, but they seem to get 5, 6, 7 yards a pop. That's what kills you. I say Arkansas should load up on the run and dare Auburn to beat them with the pass. The coaches have 2 weeks, so the team SHOULD be well prepared. The worst thing that could happen is South Carolina playing them close or beating them this weekend. Lets pray for an Auburn trouncing of SC, cause after the Hogs, they got Florida. Might be overlookin them Hogs :-)

Flatline

Let's put it this way.

Auburn   40       
Wash St  14

Arkansas  14
USC         50

Auburn    34
Miss St     0

Arkansas   20
Utah St.     0

Auburn       7
LSU           3

Arkansas   21
Vandy       19

Auburn      38
Buff            7

Arkansas    24
Alabama     23

We we lucky that we beat Vandy and should have lost to Alabama.

Where in this does it show anyone that we can beat Auburn.

A_True_Hog_Jedi

I have seen them play a few times this year, and they are really not that impressive. USC would beat them badly and we should be able to hang with them at least until the fourth quarter. Then we just need to get Lucky again!!!!

jamie72921

We have Coach Nutt. It looks to me that his magic is back and that means something really special is going to happen for the real Hog fans. Just support the team. You will see.
Bless your heart

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MLH on September 26, 2006, 11:39:54 pm
Let's put it this way.

Auburn   40       
Wash St  14

Arkansas  14
USC         50

Auburn    34
Miss St     0

Arkansas   20
Utah St.     0

Auburn       7
LSU           3

Arkansas   21
Vandy       19

Auburn      38
Buff            7

Arkansas    24
Alabama     23

We we lucky that we beat Vandy and should have lost to Alabama.

Where in this does it show anyone that we can beat Auburn.

That's all real true facts that you posted MLH but Gus is learning the SEC and our offense is ready to really break out behind our horses ( McFadden and Jones) do you remember how Fred Talley tore Auburun up back when we played them when Talley was playing.  Now we have 2 backs that are probly better or as good as Fred was and if we can keep the score close in the 4th quarter I think theres a pretty good chance we could sneek out of Auburun with the upset.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Flatline

Auburn   34
Arkansas 17

With those two stud backs.

At our house.

Richard_white

If we beat Auburn Tigers, Arkansas will win the west.

AU 38
UA 21

I see Felix taking a KR for a TD in this game. 

longtimeHogfan

It is not a automatic win for Auburn.  If it was, why would we even play?[/quote]

There's one I can agree with.  It's not an automatic win, that's why we play the game.  Good things would have to happen though, and I suspect we may have used up a good portion of our 'luck' with Vandy and Bama.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Ashdownpanther

Did any of you happen to watch the Auburn/LSU game?  I think Auburn stole it, but--------- those two teams are "monsters'................ Tubby will blow us out in the first half, as he has way, way too many weapons.  I hear some of you say that our run defence will hold------------ NOT.  Aubie at half, 28-0, and 42-7 at games end, only cause Tubby is from Arkansas, otherwise he would run it up to 60 to compare with USC in BCS data.
Folks, HDN has 6 time outs to use in this game, that's 6 chances that equal to 42 points for Auburn.

HedgeDweller

Just have to figure out a way to end the game with at least one more point than they have.

hoggystyle78

jm

Quote from: rules on September 24, 2006, 09:37:25 pm
Not a chance.  They have a defense and a very crisp offense. They will score 30 on us.
then why even play the game
we should just stay home and take the loss to avoid injury

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: jm on September 27, 2006, 09:18:02 am
Quote from: rules on September 24, 2006, 09:37:25 pm
Not a chance.  They have a defense and a very crisp offense. They will score 30 on us.
then why even play the game
we should just stay home and take the loss to avoid injury

To get valuable game experience on the road in the SEC. Hopefully the Hogs can play a respectable game and stay in it until the 4th quarter.

BTW, we have YET to cover the spread in ANY of  our games so far. So if the line is 15-17 to begin with then that doesn't bode well for us.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

kitshicker

well, I can go up to someone twice my size and slap them in the face.....Will I is a different story.

PennHOG

Arkansas will keep it close enough until the middle of the second half.  Then just like we have seen all year (especially with USC).  The defense that is held together with duct tape and stitches will start to give up big plays.  Auburn will pull away in the end and the score will indicate a blow out when it will not be.

The only way to avoid this scenario is to go up three touchdowns early and put them into throwing situations.  Then we have a chance because we will have taken them away from their game plan.

We have the explosive talent to do this as long as Mitch has the great game we have all been waiting for.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

HighOnHogs

heathshogs

Team A
Sat, Sep 2 Montana State L 10-19  Audio
  Sat, Sep 9 at Colorado State L 10-14  Audio
  Sat, Sep 16 (22) Arizona State L 3-21  Audio

Team B (ranked #9)
Sat, Sep 2 Western Kentucky W 48-12 --
  Sat, Sep 9 at South Carolina W 18-0 --
  Sat, Sep 16 UAB W 34-0 --

Team A should get beat by 4 TDs. Actual result of course:
Sat, Sep 23 Colorado at (9) Georgia L 13-14
They didn't win, but it shows crazy things can happen in colleg football.

We CAN win this game. Auburn is a better team ovr the course of the season, but they may not be next Saturday.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

HawgWild

There's always a chance to win. That's why they play the game in the first place. Yes, I do believe that the HOGS can beat Auburn. Do I think that it is likely to happen, not really. Auburn is at home for this one and they are a very solid football team, however if the HOGS can play consistent on both sides of the ball and if we can keep it close going into the 4th quarter then they have a very good chance of upsetting the Tigers. The defensive line looked really good against Alabama and for the first time this season our secondary didn't. The Linebackers played great and it looks, barring anymore injuries there, that this will no longer be an issue. If the secondary plays well and the defensive line and linebackers continue to play solid, Auburn will have a tough time moving the ball on us. I think the real question here is can Mitch Mustain learn from the bama game and make plays. We have the skill players and our offensive line appears to be blocking better, especially when pass protecting. I just hope it comes down to Auburn having to kick a field goal and we all know how well that worked for both Vandy and bama.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: pigfoot on September 26, 2006, 09:17:08 pm
I wouldn't use the Auburn-LSU game as a guage.  LSU's offense is suspect.  They haven't shown much of a running game and their QB play has been spotty all year. 

You don't have a clue. None whatsoever.

See National Passing Efficiency Leaders:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org

See SEC Passing Efficiency Leaders:

PASS EFFICIENCY         Team Cl  G Att Cmp Int  Pct.  Yds TD  Eff.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Chris Leak.......... UF   SR  4 110  70   4  63.6 1066 12 173.8
2. JaMarcus Russell.... LS   JR  4  95  63   1  66.3  916  7 169.5
3. Erik Ainge.......... UT   JR  4 106  70   5  66.0 1065  8 165.9
4. Wilson.............. UA   SO  4  99  63   1  63.6  913  7 162.4
5. Andre' Woodson...... UK   JR  4 115  70   1  60.9  931 10 155.8
6. Brandon Cox......... AU   JR  4  75  46   2  61.3  684  3 145.8
7. Mitch Mustain....... AR   FR  4  65  33   5  50.8  487  5 123.7
8. Omarr Conner........ MS   SR  4  48  29   1  60.4  356  0 118.5
9. Blake Mitchell...... SC   JR  3  55  33   1  60.0  322  0 105.5
10.Chris Nickson....... VU   SO  4  87  47   4  54.0  471  4 105.5

See SEC Total Offense Leaders:

TOTAL OFFENSE            G  Rush Pass Plays Yards Avg/P TD Yds/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Florida.............  4   703 1159   265  1862   7.0 18 465.5
2. LSU.................  4   615  999   240  1614   6.7 17 403.5
3. Tennessee...........  4   460 1120   229  1580   6.9 15 395.0
4. Alabama.............  4   596  928   272  1524   5.6 11 381.0
5. Auburn..............  4   737  731   239  1468   6.1 14 367.0
6. Arkansas............  4   751  656   231  1407   6.1 10 351.8
7. South Carolina......  4   481  901   234  1382   5.9 10 345.5
8. Kentucky............  4   326  988   238  1314   5.5 14 328.5
9. Georgia.............  4   534  703   226  1237   5.5 11 309.2
10.Ole Miss............  4   543  588   254  1131   4.5  7 282.8
11.Vanderbilt..........  4   541  537   216  1078   5.0  9 269.5
12.Mississippi St......  4   422  531   248   953   3.8  5 238.2

See SEC Scoring Offense Leaders:

SCORING OFFENSE          G   TD  XP 2XP DXP  FG Saf  Pts   Avg
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. LSU.................  4   19  19   0   0   3   0  142  35.5
2. Florida.............  4   18  13   0   0   0   1  123  30.8
3. Auburn..............  4   14  14   0   0   7   0  119  29.8
   Tennessee...........  4   15  15   0   0   4   1  119  29.8
5. Georgia.............  4   13  13   0   0   7   1  114  28.5
6. Kentucky............  4   15  14   0   0   1   0  107  26.8
7. Alabama.............  4   11  10   0   0   8   1  102  25.5
8. South Carolina......  4   10   9   0   0   6   0   87  21.8
9. Arkansas............  4   11   8   1   0   1   0   79  19.8
10.Vanderbilt..........  4   10   8   0   0   2   0   74  18.5
11.Ole Miss............  4    7   7   0   0   1   0   52  13.0
12.Mississippi St......  4    6   4   1   0   1   0   45  11.2

See SEC Rushing Offense Leaders:

RUSHING OFFENSE          G    Att   Yds   Avg  TD  Yds/G
--------------------------------------------------------
1. Arkansas............  4    135   751   5.6   5  187.8
2. Auburn..............  4    154   737   4.8  11  184.2
3. Florida.............  4    144   703   4.9   6  175.8
4. LSU.................  4    129   615   4.8  10  153.8
5. Alabama.............  4    171   596   3.5   4  149.0
6. Ole Miss............  4    143   543   3.8   4  135.8
7. Vanderbilt..........  4    123   541   4.4   4  135.2
8. Georgia.............  4    131   534   4.1   7  133.5
9. South Carolina......  4    120   481   4.0   4  120.2
10.Tennessee...........  4    120   460   3.8   6  115.0
11.Mississippi St......  4    142   422   3.0   5  105.5
12.Kentucky............  4    114   326   2.9   4   81.5

Hella_Hog

Arkansas is outmanned in almost every position.  We've won the last two games by the grace of the teams we played.  I don't think the Hogs have a realistic chance, however they have been the spoilers more than once.  The same year we lost to The Citidel, we beat #4 Tennessee, so anything can happen.  I'm confident that we'll at least play well until I consider the "Nutt Factor."  It's almost a guarantee that he'll do something stupid.  How bad it hurts remains to be seen.

clew

stranger things have happened...but not many.
Pure as the dawn

RazorbackHer

OF COURSE WE CAN WIN!  I can't believe so many people don't think we have a chance.. This is when we're usually our best..being a spoiler!

OUR BOYS HAVE RAZORBACK HEARTS!

Hella_Hog

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 27, 2006, 12:52:41 pm
Quote from: pigfoot on September 26, 2006, 09:17:08 pm
I wouldn't use the Auburn-LSU game as a guage.  LSU's offense is suspect.  They haven't shown much of a running game and their QB play has been spotty all year. 

You don't have a clue. None whatsoever.

I have to agree with LSU fan on this one.  I would suggest doing a little research before calling the their offense suspect.    

DeltaBoy

LSU got shafted by the Zebras in the UA/ LSU game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

All you jacknuts out there in Happy Valley, look at this poll and tell me Hogville is the domain of the negative extremists.
[CENSORED]!

kitshicker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 27, 2006, 02:40:50 pm
All you jacknuts out there in Happy Valley, look at this poll and tell me Hogville is the domain of the negative extremists.
I think if the poll had said *WILL we beat Auburn*, it would have a different outcome.

artyhog

What would be a better question -

"Do the players think they can beat Auburn?"

We can not win anything.  The players are the ones that have to believe in themselves. I want the players to believe that they can win.  Then go out there and do it.

kitshicker

Quote from: artyhog on September 27, 2006, 02:50:30 pm
What would be a better question -

"Do the players think they can beat Auburn?"

We can not win anything.  The players are the ones that have to believe in themselves. I want the players to believe that they can win.  Then go out there and do it.
good point

VoR

Can we, yes we can, would I bet, even odds and no points, not just no, bet hell no.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

PORK CHOP

now 129 confirmed potheads on hogville

hogsNbeer

No we can't beat them....If Auburn plays the way they did vs LSU, they thrash us really good...... If they fumble 18 times, we may be able to get close enough for a FG........  If LSU couldnt' move the ball on them, what in the world gives anybody the idea that we can........     The only way we win, is if the planets and stars are all aligned correctly....... We need LOTS of help to beat this Auburn team..... If we play perfect ball and they play perfect ball, they beat us badly..........

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: hogsNbeer on September 27, 2006, 03:32:57 pm
No we can't beat them....If Auburn plays the way they did vs LSU, they thrash us really good...... If they fumble 18 times, we may be able to get close enough for a FG........  If LSU couldnt' move the ball on them, what in the world gives anybody the idea that we can........     The only way we win, is if the planets and stars are all aligned correctly....... We need LOTS of help to beat this Auburn team..... If we play perfect ball and they play perfect ball, they beat us badly..........
HogsnBeer, I don't think your name is very nice and Coach Nutt would not either, and You need to stop being so negitive and support Coach Nutt.  It is so precious the way he fights to the end and get s us to Overtime where we are 7-1 under Coach Nutt and Coach Markersen and Gus only was there for one of them because he was in High school last year.  Caoch Nutt is whipping up something so Special for the Red Eagles and will beat Aburun by a score of like 35-17.

Albert Einswine

If we ride are horses ( McFadden and Felix Jones) we could win this game bigtime like.  It could be like when Fred Talley was running wild on Aubrun back afew years back ago.  I think Talley is still running down the main street in aubrun right now he ran on them so bad adn I think that are current horses ( McFadden and Felix Jones) will be doing the same leading us to victorie if we do the right thing and use a ball control powered running game.  Go Hogs and beat Aubrun!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

trufanofhogs

Most of our games with Auburn have been very competitive, even when we were very bad and they were very good. Last year we led at halftime, but they were dominant in the 2nd half of a 17 point win. Can we win this year. Certainly. Obviously, we must play our best to have a chance.

williamsB

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: williamsB on October 09, 2006, 11:25:28 am
good call trufanofhogs
Is there a purpose behind you pulling old threads back to the front page and posting little blurbs on them?  We won a football game.  It was a good win, but doesn't elevate HDN to the status of "Good Football Coach".  It also doesn't mean Darksiders are wrong.  It simply means we won a football game against a good team.  The fact that it is considered the upset of the year proves the argument that HDN is not right for this program.

Arazorbacknut

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 09, 2006, 11:30:31 am
Quote from: williamsB on October 09, 2006, 11:25:28 am
good call trufanofhogs
Is there a purpose behind you pulling old threads back to the front page and posting little blurbs on them?  We won a football game.  It was a good win, but doesn't elevate HDN to the status of "Good Football Coach".  It also doesn't mean Darksiders are wrong.  It simply means we won a football game against a good team.  The fact that it is considered the upset of the year proves the argument that HDN is not right for this program.

WOW! Good morning sunshine!