Previous topic - Next topic

Can we beat Auburn?

Yes
139 (53.3%)
No
122 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

threeNout

We are not short of skill players, if we just get QB play that distributes the ball and not make mistakes we can win.

We have to get healthy, take advantage of the bye, and nutt has to get into his nutty comeback mode.

then yea, we can win in two weeks

judgeroyswine

Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

PigKahuna

Can or Will are two different questions.

Hogs4Ever

It would take Arkansas playing a solid game of both sides of the ball; something we have yet to do in a game.  It would also take some big mistakes by Aubbie.  It's a possiblity, but a remote one.

ballhog™

If we can't we should cancel the game.

Can we...yes.

Will we...probably not.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

foghornshog

I voted yes since the poll asked can we beat Auburn, not will we beat Auburn.  Anything is possible in college football, but the odds won't be in our favor.  I say we are 17 point dogs going in.  would love to see it happen though.

werehog

Hell Yes, we can beat Auburn. Will we? I kind of doubt it, but we just might.

Hugehogsfan

If we can put a complete offensive and defensive game together and cause more than 2 turnovers I say we have a shot, saying that, I don't think we will though.

riccoar

Yes.  Anyone can be beaten.  Our defense will have to be stellar, as in Auburn vs. LSU stellar.  Our offense will have to average 3.5 to 4 yards a carry running.  And no takeaways will equal no win.

Root Hog

We have Almighty GOD on our side.  Who dares stand against us.

HogFansReunited

That is a trick question.  Yes we "can" beat anyone.  I don't think its going to happen though.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

WRICAT

Quote from: threeNout on September 24, 2006, 09:24:40 pm
We are not short of skill players, if we just get QB play that distributes the ball and not make mistakes we can win.

We have to get healthy, take advantage of the bye, and nutt has to get into his nutty comeback mode.

then yea, we can win in two weeks
Definitely Yes, if we play mistake free ball, and stay away from those penalties, offense and defense, and have a good kicking game, (all phases), we have a great chance to win.

It is not a automatic win for Auburn.  If it was, why would we even play?

PigPusher

And guess who is setting on the goalpost crossarm? That darn goalpost nearly has chicken wire stretched across the opening.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

twistitup

Yes, but it will depend on our D once again. I have a feeling our O will be tuned in due to the off week. Depth on D might be the problem in a ultra physical Auburn game.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

judgeroyswine

Well, of course we CAN...if...we play an absolutely perfect, error free game and Auburn enjoys a nice spinach salad before gametime.

Not likely.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

rules

Not a chance.  They have a defense and a very crisp offense. They will score 30 on us.

jdhoover

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 24, 2006, 09:27:22 pm
Can or Will are two different questions.

Exactly.  We can win.  The chances are that we will lose, but we can win.  That is my hope and what I will believe until the game ends.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

PIGINAPOKE

No..................The LSU game a few back should have showed even the most dire hug fan...NO..

That one game showed we are not in the same league..Deal with it.  Blow -out at Hare sat.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Oklahawg

Oh, you people and your semantics. :)

Can we win? Sure. Will we be blown out? Not now, I don't think.

Auburn is #2. Gonna have a fired up crowd. What if Ohio State loses next weekend? Aubbie is #1 and flying high. Hard to think we'll "surprise" them.

Can Auburn pass on us? Not as well as Bama. If we replicate the defense we used vs. Bama we should hold Auburn to 24-28 points. That's a lot.

Auburn's defense is as talented as Bama's. We'll have to find ways to take pressure off of Mitch to move the ball. Then again, we might get lucky: start with the ball, a couple of safe passes on 1st down or 2nd and short plus typical DMac + Felix. Score an early TD and put pressure on the Auburn offense to match us. Its NFL strategy time: get up early and force the other team to beat you without their strength. That is, take away Aubbies running game.

Defense needs takeaways and no big plays. Possible. We handled Aubbie for a half last year. Well, we stayed with them. More offense potential and at least the same defensive potential.

Put it this way: UA is better equipped to win vs a top team when we meet Auburn than at anytime since Texas in 04. Its a mental thing. For coaches and players. They know they played mediocre ball, at best. And, won. At home. On National Tv. At RRS. To a "name" opponent who will go to a bowl this year. Hope springs eternal and its not just with the fanbase this time.

A Hog win on the plains = playing Tennessee and LSU at home for a chance at the SEC CG. Dang. A loss means those games are played for the privilege of playing in January. A disaster means we play South Carolina and Tennessee for a chance to play in December with a winning record. Yes, this is a huge game. Game #1 this year is meaningless at this point.

I think we lose by 14, or so. But, I'll be rooting for all I'm worth.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

threeNout

best reply yet OklaHawg.

I'm wondering how the 2 week motivational seminar by nutt is gonna play, with 2-0 in his pocket, the comeback kid is going to be at his nutty best.

it might play pretty good.

Idahog

We've got Paul.

So I voted yes.

;)

Plus I agree with Oklawhog for the rest of the reasons.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

filthyswine

I just don't see Auburn running up the score on the ground.  Not saying we will win, but I think we can keep it close, especially if the defense plays the run like this past weekend.

SupaCrawf

It's techinally possible.  Of course, it's technically possible that Jessica Alba is coming over to cook me Fillet Mignon in the nude... 

Beating Auburn at their place would be huge.  Their offense hasn't been stellar, but that D is tough.  We'll probably have to score 24-28 to win.  LSU managed 3....
I'm kind of a big deal.

SemperHawg

We have the skill players, and Auburn has a big game with Florida the week after, in theory it is possible we could catch them looking ahead and play an outstanding mistake free game...but we will probably have to ask ZodiacHog if the stars will align to make it happen!!!

HOGLIGULA

Beat Auburn at Jordan-Hare no way.  They have football atmosphere and talent we have some of both but not enough to get it done against a team that will not only shut us out but put over forty up against us.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

SAUhogfan

No.  This is a pie in the sky question.

mbgrulz

Quote from: ballhog on September 24, 2006, 09:27:40 pm
If we can't we should cancel the game.

Can we...yes.

Will we...probably not.
amen

PORK CHOP

no  and they wont need a kicker

jamie72921

Folks, our only hope is that the Flu comes early and wipes out their first and second teams. Remember the second half of last season's game? Be prepared for a full games worth in 2 weeks.
Bless your heart

lechon

Can we sneak Fred Talley in the game? :razorback:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Reb-87

Can we? yeah if we dont screw ourselves like always we have the players to go toe to toe with anyone but we dont have the coaches to do so.  Sometimes Nutt and crew come out and coach brilliantly, however most of the time not so much. it just depeds on how the coaches coach if we beat auburn

jresrev

GuvHog

Auburn passes every once in a while if they have to but their bread and butter is their
running game. If the Hog front seven can stuff the run like they did against Bama and
the OLine can open some holes for DMac, it's possible. A bunch of completed passes
would be good too.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

mbgrulz

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 25, 2006, 12:01:51 am
Auburn passes every once in a while if they have to but their bread and butter is their
running game. If the Hog front seven can stuff the run like they did against Bama and
the OLine can open some holes for DMac, it's possible. A bunch of completed passes
would be good too.

if we can score on auburn, we have a chance. i dont think they will run circles around us like USC, but their game is a more physical, smashmouth style.

the hog fan in me says 24-20 hogs
the knowledgable football fan in me says 27-17 AU.

MM will have to wake up and play a better game, but i know he will.

bradyv15

50/50....wow that's a very close and interesting poll....

SPAL

u mean half voted yes?...the kool-aid must be flowin right now

trufanofhogs

of course, we can. will we? wait and see

Brand X Hog Fan

Dayummmmm! Nice to see the Razorback nation is united on this one, lol! We can win, if we play up to our potential. It will take a perfect game and maybe a missed field goal or two . . .

GO HOGS!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

PORK CHOP

we now have 70 confirmed dope smokers posting on hogville

we need lots of turnovers, another rattled kicker,mitch to throw to our guys only and a new coach.

hogsmaster

Heck yeah, we CAN win!!!  This team hasn't played it best game yet, but is slowly getting better.  Yes Auburn is ranked 2nd in the nation and it's at their place, but we can still win.  I have faith in our players and coaches.

kdogstew

I hope you like the percussion section b/c we are bout to get drummed!

touchdownarkansas.com

only way we win is if they forget to show up at the stadium. that is the problem with the nutt lovers, they can't see the obvious. these are the ones that thought we would beat usc. We need to realize they are going to expose our weakness' and in a bad way

Albert Einswine

It'll be tough to do,  but if we play more conservative ball control offense and ride our horses (McFadden and Jones) we might have a chance to win it late in the 4th quarter.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

losthawg68

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 24, 2006, 09:35:46 pm
Well, of course we CAN...if...we play an absolutely perfect, error free game and Auburn enjoys a nice spinach salad before gametime.

Not likely.

very funny post, actully did a little l-ing ol on that one.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

pigfoot

I wouldn't use the Auburn-LSU game as a guage.  LSU's offense is suspect.  They haven't shown much of a running game and their QB play has been spotty all year.  Auburn has a great defense, but I believe we can score.  Our D will be the key.  Contain their running game and we have a shot.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

hogfan300

Anybody who knows anything about College football knows it is possible.

WRICAT

Quote from: hogfan300 on September 26, 2006, 09:55:59 pm
Anybody who knows anything about College football knows it is possible.
That is why we play the game--There is always a chance.  The media does not dictate the score.  Playing the game does.

BattleHawg

we have about a 2% chance of beat auburn.

jmho.

BH