Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WarrenNolan.com Predicts 3rd-Best Regular Season Record in Program History

Started by edemire, January 01, 2018, 05:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

The college sports site loves itself some Hawgball. They've given Arkansas the nation's No. 4 RPI & have Hogs going 26-5 in the regular season, which would put it in some heady company as you can see from the list below.

How many games do you predict Hogs will win this regular season?

http://www.bestofarkansassports.com/warrennolan-com-predicts-razorback-basketball-will-3rd-best-regular-season-ever/

Top 4 regular season teams in Razorback basketball history

1. 1990-91

Regular Season Record: 28-3

(15-1 SWC record)

Home: 13-1, Road: 10-1

2. 1977-78

Regular Season: 26-2

(14-2 SWC)

Home: 11-0, Road: 11-2

3. 1976-77

Regular Season: 25-1

(16-0 SWC)

Home: 11-0, Road: 12-0

4. 1994-95

Regular Season: 25-4

(12-4 SEC)

Home: 14-1, Road: 7-3
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Kenny Sowers

CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

edemire

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Fan701

I'd take the Warren Nolan number with a grain of salt.  It would be remarkable to win 15 in this year's SEC.  Those numbers you show from old SWC days were put up against mostly far inferior teams.  We don't have that luxury this year.  I'd go with TR, which predicts us to win 12 to 13 games and projects that to be sufficient for first in the SEC.

hogfan98

Quote from: edemire on January 01, 2018, 06:28:07 pm
Definitely. But, in terms of regular season games only, it comes in at No. 5 all-time
http://www.thesportsseer.com/2017/12/31/best-regular-seasons-razorback-basketball-history/#more-4274

#5 in terms of number of wins.  #3 (I think) if you look at win %, which is a better benchmark.

Deeznutts

Well that site has zero math skills. Any idiot knows a 24-2 regular season record is better than 25-4, so let's move on from this nonsense.

CDBHawg

94-95

32-7 overall

But it says we were 25-4 in the regular season.

Lost to Kentucky in the SECCG. Lost to UCLA in the NCAA Championship.

They're leaving out the season opening loss to UMASS.

AugustaHog

Don't buy it to this level, but they are really high on us.  I think we're good but that's a big number.  The total deficit in those 3 losses is 4 pts.  It seems insane, but if we got to that number and showed well in the SECT, we'd be in the running for a #1 seed. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 01, 2018, 10:24:14 pm

They're leaving out the season opening loss to UMASS.
when everyone was in a funk after the Houston game, I was reminded of losing to UMass and Calipari by 24 or 25 (don't care to look it up) and I posted this thought on Hogville. Now if this year's team can have the over all success of that '94-'95 team, I will be perfectly content
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

daBoar

This is a fun team to watch, but I don't think the Hogs are a top 15 team.  Gafford will need to progress very fast for that to occur......starting this week.

jimmur74

And Okkahoma is a top 10?  But the Hogs not a top 15?.........

Quote from: daBoar on January 02, 2018, 06:21:48 am
This is a fun team to watch, but I don't think the Hogs are a top 15 team.  Gafford will need to progress very fast for that to occur......starting this week.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: daBoar on January 02, 2018, 06:21:48 am
they've already beat a top 5 team on a neutral floor with the best player in the country. I think we have already showed that we are a top 15 team, take out the fluke loss to Houston and being real tired against UNC and we are ranked #1 probably.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Bogghawg

Yeah, if we had only won all those games we lost, we'd be undefeated!!
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Bogghawg on January 02, 2018, 08:59:29 am
Yeah, if we had only won all those games we lost, we'd be undefeated!!
yep, that about sums it up!!