Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Stan get booed Saturday night?

Started by three, February 09, 2006, 09:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three

There have been a few boos mixed in with the cheers when he's announced, but up to this point it has been mostly cheers.  I'm not the booing type, but it has become more and more acceptible to do so at games.  So, my question is, do you think HEATH gets booed? Just HEATH, not the players?
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

CiriusPorker

no..that would be classless by the fans.

fineswine

Although Stan really makes me angry, he represents the University well.  I choose to show as much class towards him as he outwardly shows.

CiriusPorker

arkansas fans would lose a ton of national respect from commentators..if we pulled that one...booing a coach they all love

hoginator

Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:10:32 pm
There have been a few boos mixed in with the cheers when he's announced, but up to this point it has been mostly cheers.  I'm not the booing type, but it has become more and more acceptible to do so at games.  So, my question is, do you think HEATH gets booed? Just HEATH, not the players?

Believe or not, I actually remember when booing the other team in college sports was considered classless. Now, we are actually considering booing the head coach of OUR team. IMHO, as long as he is the head coach of OUR team, like him or not, booing him on gameday in BWA would be classless. Boo him here on hogville or among friends elsewhere, but please don't boo him in front of his family(players and wife/kids). Use all of this energy and cheer for the team Saturday, don't boo their coach...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

johnny cash

Booing him doesn't help things.  He is good man and I think hog fans are better than that.

whatsshakinbacon

Booing our own head coach is so...Mississippi-ish.

Let's not.

Bacon out...

CiriusPorker

Quote from: johnny cash on February 09, 2006, 09:18:32 pm
Booing him doesn't help things.  He is good man and I think hog fans are better than that.

agreed.  he's got character..he's just not an outstanding coach.  We shouldn't embarrass him publicly like that by unifyingly turning our backs by jeering him..

weevilhogg

I agree, Johnny.  Booing him does no good at all.   In fact, I'd say it would cause more bad than good.

The best thing we can do is support them as best we can.  That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge a screw up when it happens --- and lord knows it happens often.

This team has potential oozing out of its ears.  They could make an NCAAT run just as easily as they could flop and not make the NCAA.
Oh my!

HawgLover08

There will always be a few by some idiots. Most everyone will feel like booing but won't because Arkansas has classy fans.

three

I gotta say, I'm very pleased with everyone's reactions!  I half expected a few people to say "I'll be there with a sack over my head," or some crap similar to what we heard during football season.  I'm glad to see everyone understands the time and place to voice frustration with a coach, and everyone agrees a game is not the appropriate time or place.

Thank you, hog fans, it's a pleasure to share my love for a team with all of you! +karma for all who have responded!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Flatfoot

I would never boo him.  But I sure will be there with my Fire Heath Sign.  I don't give a damn what anyone says about that. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

HawgLover08

Quote from: Getting Porked on February 09, 2006, 09:27:27 pm
I would never boo him.  But I sure will be there with my Fire Heath Sign.  I don't give a damn what anyone says about that. 
Why would you do that? We know he sucks but don't do crap like that.

geoffhog

I have no doubt the guy's working his butt off and doing the best he knows how (unfortunatly that's not enough), so I'll respect that and save my boos for the other team.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Flatfoot

Why not, how else are we going to get rid of this guy?  If no one shows any displeasure at the way the team is playing, Broyles keeps thinking just like he did with Nutt that there is only the 5 percenters who are disgruntled.

"I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore." William Holden.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:24:47 pm
I gotta say, I'm very pleased with everyone's reactions!  I half expected a few people to say "I'll be there with a sack over my head," or some crap similar to what we heard during football season.  I'm glad to see everyone understands the time and place to voice frustration with a coach, and everyone agrees a game is not the appropriate time or place.

Thank you, hog fans, it's a pleasure to share my love for a team with all of you! +karma for all who have responded!

I didn't boo Nutt...I am sure not going to boo Heath.  As much as I feel like Heath better get us to the dance or he needs to go...booing your own coach is classless. 

We are all still part of the Hog family.  We can have our fights and disagreements within the family, but when we have one of ours (Stan for the time is still one of ours) out there coaching for us...well, it is US against THEM (The other team).  We unite for that moment.  We join together for that one purpose of beating that other team.  The game...in the middle of him competing for us...is not the time to voice our displeasure.  We are still a family...and when we are faced with a battle from another team...for those few moments we are united.

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.
Retired Radio Host

CiriusPorker

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 09:38:11 pm

I didn't boo Nutt...I am sure not going to boo Heath.  As much as I feel like Heath better get us to the dance or he needs to go...booing your own coach is classless. 

We are all still part of the Hog family.  We can have our fights and disagreements within the family, but when we have one of ours (Stan for the time is still one of ours) out there coaching for us...well, it is US against THEM (The other team).  We unite for that moment.  We join together for that one purpose of beating that other team.  The game...in the middle of him competing for us...is not the time to voice our displeasure.  We are still a family...and when we are faced with a battle from another team...for those few moments we are united.

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

and all this from a man who wants Nutt out of the Hog family ;)

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 09:44:40 pm

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

I do want Nutt out of the family as much as anyone could want one out.  I'm not really happy about Heath being in the family right now either.  But even during the football season I didn't boo Nutt.  I didn't cheer for HIM either.  I will do the same with Heath.
Retired Radio Host

CiriusPorker

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 09:47:37 pm

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

I do want Nutt out of the family as much as anyone could want one out.  I'm not really happy about Heath being in the family right now either.  But even during the football season I didn't boo Nutt.  I didn't cheer for HIM either.  I will do the same with Heath.

PM's...

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

::)
Geez, you guys are right.  But if anyone has ever EARNED boos from the fans it is The Nutt. 

Hog fans have class, but man, they are resourceful and clever.  They WON'T BOO but they will sure throw in the sarcastic OVER-CHEER.  The Nutt is the only coach in history to get a STANDING OVATION for calling a play where the QB overthrew the WR by a mile.  Hmmm...Maybe we can do this to Stan everytime he keeps McCurdy in longer than 1 minute....

Ok, I won't boo The Nutt when he is announced in the fall at the games.  Pulling that tape off of my mouth is sure gonna hurt...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

CiriusPorker

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 09, 2006, 09:50:33 pm

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

::)
Geez, you guys are right.  But if anyone has ever EARNED boos from the fans it is The Nutt. 

Hog fans have class, but man, they are resourceful and clever.  They WON'T BOO but they will sure throw in the sarcastic OVER-CHEER.  The Nutt is the only coach in history to get a STANDING OVATION for calling a play where the QB overthrew the WR by a mile.  Hmmm...Maybe we can do this to Stan everytime he keeps McCurdy in longer than 1 minute....

Ok, I won't boo The Nutt when he is announced in the fall at the games.  Pulling that tape off of my mouth is sure gonna hurt...

when i meet you shavin, i'm gonna make sure you keep that tape on ;)

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 09:47:37 pm

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

LIAR.  You cheered along with everyone else for THAT PLAY at that game at War Memorial.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Three, keep them coming.  Your posts are always intelligent.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 09, 2006, 09:54:17 pm

you only say that because you guys agree!

three

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 09:56:42 pm

Cirisus, I've agreed with you on occassion.  Don't knock my man Shavin'

CiriusPorker

Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:57:57 pm

Cirius, I've agreed with you on occasion.  Don't knock my man Shavin'.

I'm just messing with him..i know him outside of hogville  - kind of..

three

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 09:58:49 pm

I like you Porker....I don't know why, but I like you.

Not true Cirrius!  I have even complemented TulsaHawg before...

And btw, after reading some of your posts tonight, I think you need a beer...or better yet a shot..

CiriusPorker

Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:59:54 pm

...well, brown-nosing gets you some karma!

CiriusPorker

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 09, 2006, 10:00:34 pm

Not true Cirrius!  I have even complemented TulsaHawg before...

And btw, after reading some of your posts tonight, I think you need a beer...or better yet a shot..

i'm actually in a good mood, had an excellent meeting/interview with a potential employer..so i'm just having some fun..

CiriusPorker

hoginator

Broken Trigger

Booing was serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.   Coach Heath already knows that most of us fans are frustrated.  He is too.  I believe he wants to win as much or even more than most of us do.  Echoing what the rest of you said, i think Stan is a classy guy, and the Arkansas fans have a reputation as some of the classiest fans in college athletics.  We want to continue to have that reputation.  Plus, something like that would have a negative affect on any future coaching prospects considering us.  Most coaches wouldn't want to coach at a school that would boo a coach with a winning record.  Sounds like most of us in this thread share pretty similar feeling regarding this.

hoginator

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 10:07:31 pm
Quote from: hoginator on February 09, 2006, 10:06:34 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 10:05:34 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 09, 2006, 10:03:08 pm
I know, I was kidding..

post 2000 here i come!
I'm trying to get to 100!

my plan is 50 to 100 per night

My wife already thinks I spend too much time on here. I read a lot, post a little. You are in a league of your own... hats off to you!

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hoginator on February 09, 2006, 10:14:39 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 10:07:31 pm
Quote from: hoginator on February 09, 2006, 10:06:34 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 10:05:34 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 09, 2006, 10:03:08 pm
I know, I was kidding..

post 2000 here i come!
I'm trying to get to 100!

my plan is 50 to 100 per night

My wife already thinks I spend too much time on here. I read a lot, post a little. You are in a league of your own... hats off to you!

well..it's a "get a life" goal that i should have!

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 09, 2006, 09:11:23 pm
no..that would be classless by the fans.
Quote from: fineswine on February 09, 2006, 09:14:25 pm
Although Stan really makes me angry, he represents the University well.  I choose to show as much class towards him as he outwardly shows.
Quote from: hoginator on February 09, 2006, 09:18:23 pm

Believe or not, I actually remember when booing the other team in college sports was considered classless. Now, we are actually considering booing the head coach of OUR team. IMHO, as long as he is the head coach of OUR team, like him or not, booing him on gameday in BWA would be classless. Boo him here on hogville or among friends elsewhere, but please don't boo him in front of his family(players and wife/kids). Use all of this energy and cheer for the team Saturday, don't boo their coach...
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 09, 2006, 09:21:15 pm
Booing our own head coach is so...Mississippi-ish.

Let's not.

Bacon out...
Quote from: johnny cash on February 09, 2006, 09:18:32 pm
Quote from: HawgLover08 on February 09, 2006, 09:23:52 pm
There will always be a few by some idiots. Most everyone will feel like booing but won't because Arkansas has classy fans.
Quote from: geoffhog on February 09, 2006, 09:30:20 pm
I have no doubt the guy's working his butt off and doing the best he knows how (unfortunatly that's not enough), so I'll respect that and save my boos for the other team.

God Bless the Hogs...
God Bless America.

- "You are ALL different!"

- "Yes, we are ALL different!"

- "I'm not."

;D

Calling All Hogs

Why wait until the game? Hey Stan Heath. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! LOL

chiefsfan

Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:59:54 pmI like you Porker....I don't know why, but I like you.

Why dont you 3 just get a room...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 09, 2006, 11:49:46 pm
Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:59:54 pm

Why dont you 3 just get a room...

Ok, ok, but Chiefsfan you have to take my place.  Have fun!

LordVader

Why not wear the opposing teams colors to Bud Walton if you really wanted to show your unhappiness.  You could still cheer for the Hogs, but I bet seeing 5,000 in orange on Saturday would send a bigger message than a few boos during pregame intros

ENHOG

Hey bartender NO BOO needs another refill
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Ugly Uncle

Did anyone notice in Bo's sports thing tonight on the news that his last shot of the Razorbacks was a 7-5 second clip of McCurdy practicing shooting freethrows?  He made it by the way.
Retired Radio Host

ENHOG

He needs to practice in the game in front of 20,000 screaming opposing fans.  When has the kid ever been put in a situation like he was the other night.  I was nervous as hell just watching.  I probably would have air-balled both.  If he was put in earlier he might of fared better, but Dontell was a key to our rapid come back with a couple of steals.  Someday it will get better.  We are so close in ever game.  Sooner or later the lights will come on.  I hope.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 10, 2006, 12:22:38 am
Did anyone notice in Bo's sports thing tonight on the news that his last shot of the Razorbacks was a 7-5 second clip of McCurdy practicing shooting freethrows?  He made it by the way.

What the hell is a 7-5 second clip? ;D

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

silvertip

February 10, 2006, 01:02:05 am #47 Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 01:08:27 am by silvertip
Quote from: Getting Porked on February 09, 2006, 09:27:27 pm

It's a free country. You're free to show your lack of class in public.

HOWEVER, if I was calling the shots, there would be no signs allowed that personally attack players or coaches on either team. None of this mindless "DJ Sucks" or "Fire Heath" crap that a bunch of morons think is cute nowadays.

silvertip

Quote from: LordVader on February 10, 2006, 12:00:18 am
Why not wear the opposing teams colors to Bud Walton if you really wanted to show your unhappiness.  You could still cheer for the Hogs, but I bet seeing 5,000 in orange on Saturday would send a bigger message than a few boos during pregame intros

I really doubt if there are 5000 Hog fans that stupid. If you want to influence the administration, there are proper ways to do it.

Or is it all about getting attention for yourself? Oh, wow, DOOD!! We might GET ON TV!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 09, 2006, 11:51:17 pm

Ok, ok, but Chiefsfan you have to take my place.  Have fun!

as long as the other 2 posters can positively identify themselves as females I am fine  ;)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.