Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville Suggestion Thread

Started by Lanny, May 14, 2016, 06:06:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

We listened and updated the Hogville App.  This site is for the posters and I am always open to suggestions.

During the summer before Fall if there are other items you want and the majority of posters agree, I will try to make these happen.

Thanks,

Lanny
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Lanny on May 14, 2016, 06:06:03 am
We listened and updated the Hogville App.  This site is for the posters and I am always open to suggestions.

During the summer before Fall if there are other items you want and the majority of posters agree, I will try to make these happen.

Thanks,

Lanny
love the new look!

PP

PonderinHog

Prison forum!  Call it the Hog Penitentiary or Porkatory.

Sincerely,

Warden PonderinHog   >:(

ChemEHawg

I'd like to see a 'desktop version only' option for the mobile users getting on Hogville. Each day when I sign on, I go to the bottom of the first page and switch it to desktop. Seems like it's on a 24hr reset now. It would be a time saver for me.

I use the desktop version because threads have fewer font-related glitches and sentences don't disappear off the side of the screen. I use an iPhone6.

Thanks for all the hard work  :razorback:
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

oldbear

I love the update but can't seem to enlarge the words on my phone anymore. We old people need a bigger font. I always switch to desk top too. Just much easier to navigate and use. Thanks for all you guys do.

Dr. Starcs

Wap2 version is amazing for just browsing through the board on my iPhone.

But I agree the desktop version is much better than the mobile.

Pulled(PP)pork

Just noticed the "Done" button when typing on my phone, is difficult to see

PP

TomasPistola

Quote from: Lanny on May 14, 2016, 06:06:03 am

Thanks,

Lanny

Search.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Arazorbackguy1

Agree with the posters above about words scrolling off the screen in the App.  The extra innings game threads are miserable to try an follow due to this. 

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

cwby676

If you could put in a way to refresh the page would be great.

SemperFi

Quote from: ChemEHawg on May 15, 2016, 10:25:57 am
I'd like to see a 'desktop version only' option for the mobile users getting on Hogville. Each day when I sign on, I go to the bottom of the first page and switch it to desktop. Seems like it's on a 24hr reset now. It would be a time saver for me.

I use the desktop version because threads have fewer font-related glitches and sentences don't disappear off the side of the screen. I use an iPhone6.

This is what I'd like to see to. I use my iPad almost 100% of the time and the desktop view is what works best for me.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

berryhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 15, 2016, 02:34:52 pm
Wap2 version is amazing for just browsing through the board on my iPhone.

But I agree the desktop version is much better than the mobile.

Agree and put the Wap2 option at the top of the page instead of the bottom.

Scott Marshall

In the new app version you can switch to landscape view and that should correct the text disappering

Granny fan

Definitely this ^

Pork Twain

This above all else.  At least a function that remembers that the user that is logged on prefers the Desktop version, so that you do not have to switch all the time.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HAWG MAFIA

I love this idea

Lanny

Al Bundy

Doug

Just a heads up that Scott and I are working on giving people a way to enter the forum in desktop view mode as a default, with the ability to switch to mobile view.

I'm also going to reach out to the developer to see if he can enable a profile setting to remember the preferred viewing method on a per user basis.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

riccoar

I just want a Hogville T-shirt. 

Hawgndaaz

I use a Samsung phone. When I am reading a thread and hit my back button, it takes me back to the home screen of the app, instead of back to the previous page in the thread, or the forum I was in (if I was on the first page).

I don't use the app for this reason alone. I know its petty, but its frustrating when you're only on the throne for a few minutes :)

Lanny

Al Bundy

VirginiaHog

This.  Desktop view is much better. I switch it every time.

pigbacon

Quote from: Doug on May 19, 2016, 08:37:26 am
Just a heads up that Scott and I are working on giving people a way to enter the forum in desktop view mode as a default, with the ability to switch to mobile view.

I'm also going to reach out to the developer to see if he can enable a profile setting to remember the preferred viewing method on a per user basis.

Thanks Doug and Lanny. This sure would be much appreciated by many apparently, me included.

Overtheroadtruckdriver