Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football practice start date?

Started by Virgil, July 05, 2017, 11:34:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

Has it been announced?  I did a google search but I didn't come across anything.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

NuttinItUp

I looked back, and last year (2016) they started practice the evening of August 4, which was a Thursday.

Not sure if that helps in showing when they will start this year or not. Best I could do.

NuttinItUp

July 05, 2017, 11:54:19 am #2 Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:42:49 pm by NuttinItUp
Further searching produced this:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas_football_practice_open_to_the_public_for_first_week_529276/

Looks like the first day of practice is Sat. Aug. 5 this year. First week is open to the public.

EDIT: Upon further googling, I think this information is an old post from 2006. Please disregard my inaccurate link.

rhames

Should know next week at media days
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: rhames on July 05, 2017, 12:06:01 pm
Should know next week at media days
The real question is who does Bielema take with him
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Inhogswetrust

I'm already practicing.........had a few drinks over the holiday....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 05, 2017, 12:22:06 pm
The real question is who does Bielema take with him

Austin Allen, Bijhon Jackson, J-Red are my guesses.

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 05, 2017, 12:28:05 pm
Austin Allen, Bijhon Jackson, J-Red are my guesses.

I was thinking. Austin, Frank and Jared.

Make the defense work hard to have someone there next year.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: rhames on July 05, 2017, 12:32:01 pm

Cant see him taking all offensive guys. Austin, Frank, and Bij sounds good
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhames on July 05, 2017, 12:32:01 pm

Forgot about Frank. I bet he goes as well.

rhames

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 05, 2017, 12:37:17 pm
Cant see him taking all offensive guys. Austin, Frank, and Bij sounds good

He did in 2015

GuvHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 05, 2017, 11:54:19 am
Further searching produced this:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas_football_practice_open_to_the_public_for_first_week_529276/

Looks like the first day of practice is Sat. Aug. 5 this year. First week is open to the public.

That's odd, the first sentence says practice starts on Saturday at 3:30 PM. That sounds like they are starting this Saturday at 3:30 with practices the week of august 5th being open to the public. Must be a misprint.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GuvHog on July 05, 2017, 04:16:41 pm
That's odd, the first sentence says practice starts on Saturday at 3:30 PM. That sounds like they are starting this Saturday at 3:30 with practices the week of august 5th being open to the public. Must be a misprint.

I don't think the link is released to the public yet. (it isn't on any of the front pages of the site or anything) I found it with a deep Google dive. I think they will reword it or release it later. Think of this as a preview (beta) version of a release that is still being worked on. However, I think most of the date info is probably as accurate as they know at the moment.

EDIT: Upon further googling, I think this is probably an old link from 2006 that was never removed from their site. Please disregard.

MDW

I believe the first day of practice will be at the end of July.  Not sure which day. I heard sometime back that practices would start a little early since they've done away with two-a-day practices.  Same number of practices, but now pushed up since they can do only one each day.

FANONTHEHILL

Everyone is going through off season summer program now and the 105 hit the field for first day of fall camp July 27th.  It's earlier than previous years.  Since the NCAA eliminated two-a-days, they get more days for fall camp.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

Frank Ragnow, Austin Allen, and Kevin Richardson are going to Media Days .
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

goodguytex

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 05, 2017, 09:31:17 pm
Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 05, 2017, 08:52:07 pm
Everyone is going through off season summer program now and the 105 hit the field for first day of fall camp July 27th.  It's earlier than previous years.  Since the NCAA eliminated two-a-days, they get more days for fall camp.
Thank you Sir!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 05, 2017, 09:31:17 pm

Is your son a senior this year?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

FANONTHEHILL

navyhog24

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 05, 2017, 08:52:07 pm

The beginning of smoke being blown up my rearend by CBB for the 2017 season?