Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 20 College QBs for 2017

Started by TuckFexas81, June 28, 2017, 03:29:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuckFexas81

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

mizzouman

A top 20 list without Drew Lock is a list not worth mentioning again.

Wildhog

Quote from: mizzouman on June 28, 2017, 03:46:15 pm

lol, maybe he'll make a list, eventually. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: mizzouman on June 28, 2017, 03:46:15 pm

there are a few on there who could not complete a past more than 20 yards into the wind. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

tophawg19

Jalen Hurt still has to prove he can throw the ball decently . Until he improves his downfield passing game , he isn't the number 8 type QB .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hog N Bama

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 28, 2017, 09:20:54 pm
Jalen Hurt still has to prove he can throw the ball decently . Until he improves his downfield passing game , he isn't the number 8 type QB .
shhhhhh nobody wants to hear that now do they?

Hog N Bama

I hope we embarrass Fitzgerald big time this year

Hog N Bama

Ahhhh Wyoming.....#12 QB. GIVE ME A BREAK

GoHogs1091

Only 3 QBs on that list have elite skill players surrounding them (Hurts, Francois, and Bryant).

Highly doubtful any defensive secondary will be able to successfully defend the elite Wide Receiver Corps. Bryant will be throwing to.

Also, Bryant has an elite Left Tackle protecting his blind side.  Not for sure that any other QB on that list has an elite Left Tackle protecting the blind side.

PORKULATOR

That list is stupid. I guarantee that their stats dont have these guys DA naked like this come December.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

razorbackfaninar

I have been re-watching a lot of SEC games from last year. Hurt is a good athlete, and an evasive runner, but he is a terrible quarterback. He has so much talent around him it covers up a majority of his errors, but he wouldn't probably be starting for many other teams. That's just my opinion from watching their games from last year.

hawganatic

If Allen throws for 3500 yards we should win 9+ games.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Hog N Bama on June 28, 2017, 10:11:09 pm
Ahhhh Wyoming.....#12 QB. GIVE ME A BREAK

He might be the first QB taken in the 2018 draft.

RME

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 28, 2017, 10:23:09 pm
Only 3 QBs on that list have elite skill players surrounding them (Hurts, Francois, and Bryant).

Highly doubtful any defensive secondary will be able to successfully defend the elite Wide Receiver Corps. Bryant will be throwing to.

Also, Bryant has an elite Left Tackle protecting his blind side.  Not for sure that any other QB on that list has an elite Left Tackle protecting the blind side.

Yeah, a dude who was thrown 18 career passes really merits being ranked among the top 20 QBs in the country. We know you have a Clemson allegiance for whatever reason, but it's pretty dumb list when a QB who's completed 13 passes in cleanup duty is ranked above 110 other FBS QBs.

Dwight_K_Shrute

1 through 19 should be AMFA.  #20 should just say everyone else.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bphi11ips

AA is too low.  BA led the country in passing efficiency among P5 teams his senior year.  AA has that kind of potential.

Also, there's a link to CFN's rankings of all 130 FBS teams at the bottom of the article.  I don't think I've seen that one posted here.  Arkansas comes in at 30, ahead of 8 teams on the schedule and ahead of all its SEC opponents who look like swing games.  The CFN ranking looks to this homer like it includes a human element not present in the ESPN FPI, and I'd suggest it will turn out to be more accurate than the FPI.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Buff

Baker Mayfield has had a great run at OU, only to be #2 on this list behind a sophomore from USC.  Joke. 

247Hog

Quote from: Buff on June 30, 2017, 10:54:07 am
Baker Mayfield has had a great run at OU, only to be #2 on this list behind a sophomore from USC.  Joke.

Baker is NOT the #2 QB. Like others have said, Hurt is overrated and i haven't been impressed with him yet. I believe if he was a decent passer, Bama would have beat Clemson by 2 TD's.

Every year we hear about this QB from a small school that is elite and not known well. I tend to agree until this year. I've watched Wyoming QB film and he looks like a future stud. He won't be big until his rookie season due to adjusting to the level of competition but he will be very good in a few years.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hogman64

I could not care less where AA or anyone else on the team is rated preseason..  After the way  he and the team played in the last two second halves I saw , and also considering how many second half leads we have blown or almost blown  in the last 4 years , all I want to see is a team  and a QB who finishes as strong or  stronger than they start, then maybe reading about how good they are will mean something........

southeasthog

Quote from: hogman64 on June 30, 2017, 02:11:25 pm
I could not care less where AA or anyone else on the team is rated preseason..  After the way  he and the team played in the last two second halves I saw , and also considering how many second half leads we have blown or almost blown  in the last 4 years , all I want to see is a team  and a QB who finishes as strong or  stronger than they start, then maybe reading about how good they are will mean something........
The thread is about QB ratings. If you "could not care less" were Austin Allen is rated then why are you posting in it?  Just to complain about the last 4 years?  There are other threads for that.

hogman64

Quote from: southeasthog on June 30, 2017, 02:56:06 pm
The thread is about QB ratings. If you "could not care less" were Austin Allen is rated then why are you posting in it?  Just to complain about the last 4 years?  There are other threads for that.

mainly to complain about the last two games of last year  but yes the last 4 years of blown leads  as well, why don't you be the " appropriate thread posting  guy " and go to work, you might find some others out of place too. now look  you have made me post again in this thread when I really shouldn't even be in here....

daBoar

Quote from: 247Hog on June 30, 2017, 01:25:39 pm
..Like others have said, Hurt is overrated and i haven't been impressed with him yet. I believe if he was a decent passer, Bama would have beat Clemson by 2 TD's.
Clemson's QB was the 12th pick of the NFL draft; Jalen Hurts just completed his true freshman year at QB.  What is amazing to me is that Saban allowed a true frosh QB to start last year.  I'm more interested in Fitzgerald at #7, his passing efficiency was #74 in the country last season.  I guess the pundits believe he'll outrun those NFL LBs.

woodhog14

Well, he was the SEC Offensive Player of the Year last year without all the downfiled passing, so there's that.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 30, 2017, 08:11:40 pm
Well, he was the SEC Offensive Player of the Year last year without all the downfiled passing, so there's that.

Because he plays for Alabama...

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: hogman64 on June 30, 2017, 02:11:25 pm

Wait a minute . . . has anyone measured their hands yet?