Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB vs. Arkansas game thread

Started by thirtythree, January 01, 2010, 05:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

HawgG

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2010, 01:07:02 pm
Good point Chiefsfan. They should have taken it out from the side. Still, you can't give up an uncontested dunk.

Shouldn't the Hog coaches have put up a fight about what was happening, or at least someone on the sideline should have question it politely to the officials.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 02, 2010, 01:07:40 pm
still a horrible freaking call by the officials.  how do they get the ball under the goal there?  there is no way they should get to inbound there when the ball wasnt even close to the basket when the timeout was called
agreed, but Pel saw where they were inbounding the ball and called a time out to adjust his defense....and had them in a man to man and got picked off for an easy lay in....why do you not play zone to keep that from happening and force them to take an outside shot ?  oh well, that's the coach's call
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

First Mo. St at the buzzer and now UAB. Amazingly bad.

I've been a tentative Pel supporter, but no more. Pel needs to go after the season.

jfred59

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 01:09:50 pm
Shouldn't the Hog coaches have put up a fight about what was happening, or at least someone on the sideline should have question it politely to the officials.

Why, those bozos have no idea what is going on

healthyhog

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 01:09:50 pm

There you go, assuming anyone on our bench has a freaking clue about what's going on inside the lines.

SunshinePumper

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 02, 2010, 01:07:12 pm
uh, basketball 101, you NEVER play man defense on an inbounds pass coming from underneath or near underneath the opponents basket....too easy to get picked off playing MAN to MAN....you can blame the coach for this one

Outcoached.
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

HawgG

Well it was a pretty good game all things considered. The guys fought a lot harder then I thought they would but just wasn't able to hold on. Go on to the next game.

Temprees

When we came back on the floor after our timeout, my son (an 11th grader), said, "Why are we in man-to-man?  A few seconds later, an uncontested dunk, and game over.

Iwastherein1969

damn, this one really hurts because it was sheer bad coaching that got us beat on the last play...I'll bet Mike Davis couldn't believe his eyes when he saw us line up man to man....it was like a gift

pick_DA_EAGLES

there are no MORAL victories.

if anything that was the MOST de-moralizing ending that could have taken place.

HawgG

Quote from: healthyhog on January 02, 2010, 01:11:37 pm
There you go, assuming anyone on our bench has a freaking clue about what's going on inside the lines.

Well you have to assume that the assistant coaches are trained to point out things like that to the HC who is going to be wrapped up in the game final moments. Those guys are paid to aide the HC. The pressure is not on them as much as it is on Pel

3kgthog

I'm so glad we competed and bla bla bla. Shut up, Pel. It's a broken record after every loss.

jfred59

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 01:12:48 pm
Well it was a pretty good game all things considered. The guys fought a lot harder then I thought they would but just wasn't able to hold on. Go on to the next game.

Can you send me a pair of those rose colored glasses

HawgG

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 02, 2010, 01:14:37 pm
there are no MORAL victories.

if anything that was the MOST de-moralizing ending that could have atken place.

After the way they lost to Baylor, I didn't expect they would play as hard today. In fact I thought that the team would have folded the tent already but they didn't, at least not yet.

SteveInArk

Sick ending to a very good game against the #24 ranked team, 11-2 coming in.

Let's go hogs.  Next game:  Texass.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 01:16:27 pm
After the way they lost to Baylor, I didn't expect they would play as hard today. In fact I thought that the team would have folded the tent already but they didn't, at least not yet.

i believe that was the tent folder right there.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 02, 2010, 01:17:18 pm
the guys have to know that they were in the WRONG defense to guard that inbounds pass...playing man to man was tailor made to what happened, we got mixed up on a switch which is what tends to happen under that much pressure and THAT IS WHY YOU DO NOT PLAY MAN DEFENSE IN THAT SPOT....damnit Pelphrey, surely you have to know this

ad:  not blaming the players....they only did what their coach told them to do...not their fault

HawgG

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 02, 2010, 01:17:18 pm

You could be right but I think they'll have the adrenalin going against Texas but the Longhorns frontline will be to much at the end. I expect the Hogs will at least not embarrass themselves.

Baconator

Did Mike Davis shake down the Arkansas players?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 01:20:07 pm
You could be right but I think they'll have the adrenalin going against Texas but the Longhorns frontline will be to much at the end. I expect the Hogs will at least not embarrass themselves.
Texas can beat us if we put 20 k screaming fans in the building and the players play better than they've ever played in their lives....Texas is MUCH MORE TALENTED than we are....God that hurts to say...I remember when we used to beat the Horns by 30 in the SWC championship game in Dallas....times have changed