Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally predicts Pel will return next yr

Started by Porkys Revenge, January 01, 2010, 06:42:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkys Revenge

We lose to BAYLOR in Arkansas? I'm sorry, but I don't see any positives in this.

I think the limb Wally walked out on here is better compared to a dead twig.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on January 01, 2010, 06:42:56 am
We lose to BAYLOR in Arkansas? I'm sorry, but I don't see any positives in this.

I think the limb Wally walked out on here is better compared to a dead twig.
look at the leprechaun-like build and tell me how many minutes Wally ever played in organized basketball in his life...Lil' Wally was the kid in the 6th grade who, when everybody had to get a suit, sat on the end of the bench drinking all the gatorade and sneaking candy bars out of his duffle bag while everyone else was watching the game...nuff said
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Marshfieldhog

Pressure on long will be too much by the end of the year..I think pel will be toast, we need to move forward

WilsonHog

It all will come down to

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And specifically how much can be raised to buy out a coach and hire another one.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 01, 2010, 08:05:25 am
It all will come down to

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And specifically how much can be raised to buy out a coach and hire another one.

100% correct.

Toad Suck Pork

Wally's prediction should frighten the anti-Pel crowd.  The fact the he stuck his neck out on any topic that is remotely uncertain means he feels very confident in what he's saying.

Razorod

it wouldn't shock me at all if pel is not on the sidelines next year. not saying i'd be happy, just wouldn't be suprised.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

rude1

Wally left himself an out on his next sentence when he said, let it be noted that JL hadn't been around long enough for anyone to predict how he would react. So basically Wally is saying that it is just his guess that Pelphrey will be back.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: rude1 on January 01, 2010, 10:45:45 am
Wally left himself an out on his next sentence when he said, let it be noted that JL hadn't been around long enough for anyone to predict how he would react. So basically Wally is saying that it is just his guess that Pelphrey will be back.

There, now that sounds more like Wally!  I think he missed his calling as an economist.

Porkys Revenge

Well if it comes down to attendance, Pel has to be history.

TNhawgfan

It just seems ridiculous to me that we should even have this conversation. Pel needs to go. When you are a worse recruiter and coach than Stan Heath, you should be nowhere near an SEC school
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HawgWild

It will be what it will be. Who knows, Pel might put together one of those Stan Heath six game SEC win streaks and turn this thing around. All things considered, I just want a winning Razorback basketball team.

Razorod

my guess/thought has been if pel shows any level of improvement at all, he'd be back next season. i don't get the impression that long WANTS to get rid of pel and go through a hiring process.

however, i don't think he can survive 2-14 part deux, which is what we're staring at right now.

Breems

My guess is Pel will have an improved season (nothing miraculous) and will be in the exact same spot next year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

Quote from: Razorod on January 01, 2010, 11:36:52 am
however, i don't think he can survive 2-14 part deux, which is what we're staring at right now.

We're not really staring at anything right now.  There have been too many variables in the past few games.  My guess is that if Fortson doesn't return, then the team will win under 3 games in SEC play, as we won't have a true PG all year to run an offense, and Wash will most likely return to the old-man status he held at the beginning of the year without anyone to feed him the ball.  If Fortson comes back, it will either be a huge improvement or a train-wreck.  I tend to lean toward the former.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Razorod

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 01, 2010, 01:27:42 pm
My guess is Pel will have an improved season (nothing miraculous) and will be in the exact same spot next year.
this is actually my guess too.

beachhawg

Pel doesnt have the staff nor the off court makeup to stay!

claycohog

Ftsmithmike

I just watched Purdue handle WV easily. Of course I would take easily either team and coach over what we have.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

grayhawg

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 01, 2010, 01:27:42 pm
Me too, at home with my radio and tv turned on something besides Razorback Basketball.

40 minutes of Pel  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

razorbackfan

It's not really sticking your neck out there, when as much has been said elsewhere.

Danny J

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 01, 2010, 08:05:25 am
It all will come down to

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exactly. The people who "really" make the decsions are the boosters and donors. It all comes down to money.

Triple T

Pelphrey won't be here next year, I hope that I end up eating crow for this, but I doubt we win 2 more games this year. Plus this whole Fortson issue and such.

Marshfieldhog

Pel just kind of seems like an odd dude off court.