Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've seen enough to realize

Started by zorbacks06, December 31, 2009, 02:21:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zorbacks06

Pel is in over his head.

I've stayed out of this squabble between supporters, and those who early on recognized Pelpherys ineptness. I now feel compeled to cast my lot with those who understand that no present, or formerly prominent basketball program would tolerate the off court problems, and on court lack of fundamentals being displayed. A coach whos team makes the same mistakes every game with no semblance of improvement is a poor coach. Fortsum isn't the answer. He's the excuse. An unhealthy Washington isn't the problem. He's an excuse. A short bench, a bad foot, a bad hair day, and numerous other excuses can be brought out. An inferior team can be competative if their coach can teach fundamentals, devise a sound defence, make adjustments, and eliminate stupid mistakes.
John Pelphery can't seem to accomplish the requirements to be competative, which are just a small part of what it takes to attain prominence. Arkansas deserves better.

SunshinePumper

Listen mister.  Can you find another head coach who can suit up and play with the players and make a three-pointer with a hand in his face in the red/white game?  You won't find any.  That John Pelphrey is a special, special coach.  The man deserves a raise and an extension or else Kentucky is gonna come calling and we'll be left with resorting to hiring a sun-belt coach or something ridiculous like that.

Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

MakeMeOink

Listen Mister, you must not be a REAL Hog Fan!  Real Hog Fans know that Pel IS NOT responsible for any of this train wreck!  Stan, JFB, John White, Nolan, Patrick Beverly and George W Bush are to blame for the death of Hawg Ball.  Real Fans know that our facilities suck, and that Pel MUST have - Pel DESERVES 5-7 years to fix the mess he was left!  Don't you know that it takes 4-5 years of developing relationships with kids, their parent, their AAU coach, their girlfriends, their parole officer, etc. before they will sign?????????  Donate your dad-gum money, buy tix, and by-golly cheer Pel on because real fans don't care if we win or lose, just support your HOGS!!!!!!! Don't you realize we stayed close for a half last night before we got blown out?
Oink - Out