Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I knew the Hogs would lose last night

Started by HognotinMemphis, December 31, 2009, 09:22:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Boarcephus

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 31, 2009, 09:22:30 am
but by 23? God, they are awful.

What's sad is this will not be the worst we get beat this year.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Racinray

SunshinePumper

You guys are not REAL hog fans.  REAL hog fans cheer the team on no matter what and don't care about wins and losses.  You gotta support Pel because he's the coach, nothing more, nothing less.  REAL hog fans know this and understand this.  They're trying their best and it's not Pel's fault if he was not qualified for the job but got hired anyway.  He's trying his best and he's not getting paid a whole lot to do this job that no one else wants.  Be happy that we even have a basketball program and we can at least collect SEC money at the end of the season.  I mean, we looked good against alcorn state and set a 3 point shooting record.  Beating a team by 61 has got to count for something!
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

ballinhog

Quote from: SunshinePumper on December 31, 2009, 09:31:23 am
You guys are not REAL hog fans.  REAL hog fans cheer the team on no matter what and don't care about wins and losses.  You gotta support Pel because he's the coach, nothing more, nothing less.  REAL hog fans know this and understand this.  They're trying their best and it's not Pel's fault if he was not qualified for the job but got hired anyway.  He's trying his best and he's not getting paid a whole lot to do this job that no one else wants.  Be happy that we even have a basketball program and we can at least collect SEC money at the end of the season.

I agree and disagree

Real hog fans should, and do (imo) cheer the players on the court

Ill root for Nobles all day long over John Wall

But the coach is another story, he is getting paid..and if were taking steps backwards then I will not support the coach. He is getting paid a LOT more money than anybody ive ever known in my whole life

ballinhog

Quote from: SunshinePumper on December 31, 2009, 09:31:23 am
You guys are not REAL hog fans.  REAL hog fans cheer the team on no matter what and don't care about wins and losses.  You gotta support Pel because he's the coach, nothing more, nothing less.  REAL hog fans know this and understand this.  They're trying their best and it's not Pel's fault if he was not qualified for the job but got hired anyway.  He's trying his best and he's not getting paid a whole lot to do this job that no one else wants.  Be happy that we even have a basketball program and we can at least collect SEC money at the end of the season.  I mean, we looked good against alcorn state and set a 3 point shooting record.  Beating a team by 61 has got to count for something!

My bad dude, my sarcasm meter is a little slow this morning..after looking at your posts in other threads i realized it, at least i hope yor being sarcastic lol

WilsonHog

TNhawgfan

And I don't care how much Jimmy Dykes wants to pimp Baylor out and say how great they are, they are not a top 20 team (and neither is Louisville). So if we already getting pounded, how ugly is it going to get when we play Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ole Miss, etc.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jcharkansas

QuoteYou guys are not REAL hog fans.  REAL hog fans cheer the team on no matter what and don't care about wins and losses.  You gotta support Pel because he's the coach, nothing more, nothing less.  REAL hog fans know this and understand this.  They're trying their best and it's not Pel's fault if he was not qualified for the job but got hired anyway.  He's trying his best and he's not getting paid a whole lot to do this job that no one else wants.  Be happy that we even have a basketball program and we can at least collect SEC money at the end of the season.  I mean, we looked good against alcorn state and set a 3 point shooting record.  Beating a team by 61 has got to count for something!
How can a real fan not care about wins and loses, you play the game to win not to just have a good game which is not what we did last night, but I like Pel and I think we are lucky to have him, he pushes the players hard and I like his enthusiasm. I dont know who else I would want to be the coach I think he will get it done he just needs time because he has had some tough breaks lately. I still think he is better than stan heath.
Maybe you were being sarcastic i dunno, thats just my take on it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 31, 2009, 09:42:13 am
It turned out about like I expected.

Same here and that shows how far we've fallen when we expect a team, like Baylor, to come into our state and kick our butts.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Lanny

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 31, 2009, 09:22:30 am
but by 23? God, they are awful.

Unreal, the UofA allows this clown shoe to continue
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Corkscrew Johnson

It was sad to witness such a discrepancy in talent on the floor. 

It was downright depressing to realize that this discrepancy wasn't against Kentucky or Texas.  It was against Baylor.

Baconator

The 23 point loss isn't as embarrassing as only scoring 47 points.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Lanny on December 31, 2009, 02:06:32 pm
Unreal, the UofA allows this clown shoe to continue

I'm not sure if this is a typo or not, because it works either way.  I feel like I'm witnessing a clown show.  And Pelphrey kinda reminds me of a clown shoe.  Either way it's a circus.

The_Iceman

Corkscrew Johnson

I hope the Clown Shoe instructs our players to start looking for Clarke on the fast break.

3kgthog

I know how much of my paycheck goes to pay for tickets to our big three sports. I think I've earned the right to complain when I'm not getting my money's worth.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Danny J

Other than powell how many players do we have that have sec caliber talent? Washington but he is out of shape. Fortson....who knows what the thing is with fortson. Rotnei? I am not sure how many teams in the sec he would start for but I think if we had better shooters and players around him he would be even better than he is. I am not demeaning the players BUT lets look at some of our other players...welsh, britt, johnson, nobles, cox, bryant. How many sec teams would start any of those players?

SunshinePumper

Quote from: headhawg7 on December 31, 2009, 09:18:49 pm
Other than powell how many players do we have that have sec caliber talent? Washington but he is out of shape. Fortson....who knows what the thing is with fortson. Rotnei? I am not sure how many teams in the sec he would start for but I think if we had better shooters and players around him he would be even better than he is. I am not demeaning the players BUT lets look at some of our other players...welsh, britt, johnson, nobles, cox, bryant. How many sec teams would start any of those players?

Listen mister, Pelphrey has done the best job of recruiting than any coach at the University of Arkansas.  He had a class in the top 15 a year ago.  Nevermind that only 2 of them are left, but these athletes he's bringing are going to be coached up.  Maybe not this year, or next year, but sooner or later Pelphrey is gonna finish his on the job training and we'll start to see the true potential of these players.  Stars are overrated.  Pel only wants players that want to be razorbacks anyways.
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.