Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My wife...

Started by Hawgon, December 30, 2009, 10:52:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

who knows nothing about basketball and barely pays attention looked up from the laptop and Facebook tonight long enough to see that we were down by 20.  She remarked, "We suck.  Our recruiting is why we are bad.  Our guys are small and sucky and theirs are big and good."  She then went back to facebook secure in the knowledge that she had accurately diagnosed exactly what is wrong with our basketball program in 10 seconds.

3kgthog

Long will have another support statement out to the media in no more than 48 hours.

Breems

Quote from: Hawgon on December 30, 2009, 10:52:31 pm
Our guys are small and sucky and theirs are big and good.

They are small.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Yeah, because every team in the country throws out a roster that averages 6'6" per player.

The Hogfather

who knows nothing about basketball and barely pays attention looked up from the laptop and Facebook tonight long enough to see that we were down by 20.  She remarked, "We suck.  Our recruiting is why we are bad.  Our guys are small and sucky and theirs are big and good."  She then went back to facebook secure in the knowledge that she had accurately diagnosed exactly what is wrong with our basketball program in 10 seconds.

You probably actually think this.  And, that is truly sad.

Hawgon

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 30, 2009, 10:55:41 pm
Yeah, because every team in the country throws out a roster that averages 6'6" per player.

Our problem is that there are very few others that throw out rosters that average 6'0.

Hawgon

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 30, 2009, 10:58:16 pm
You probably actually think this.  And, that is truly sad.

No, I think it is a combination of poor recruiting and terrible coaching.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawgon on December 30, 2009, 10:59:08 pm
No, I think it is a combination of poor recruiting and terrible coaching.

My dog woke up from a nap during tonight's game.  He said, "they're better than we are."  I said, "Yes, they are."  He went back to sleep knowing that he's a better coach than John Pelphrey.

Ignorant garbage...

UncleFrank

QuoteMy dog woke up from a nap during tonight's game.  He said, "they're better than we are."  I said, "Yes, they are."  He went back to sleep knowing that he's a better coach than John Pelphrey.

You wouldn't wanna sell that dog, would you???
I'd pay cash for him :-)
Think he might have a bright future with ESPN or maybe the Razorback Network!

The Hogfather

Quote from: UncleFrank on December 30, 2009, 11:03:12 pm
You wouldn't wanna sell that dog, would you???
I'd pay cash for him :-)
Think he might have a bright future with ESPN or maybe the Razorback Network!

His name is Hawgon Dykes.

Lard

Quote from: Hawgon on December 30, 2009, 10:58:17 pm
Our problem is that there are very few others that throw out rosters that average 6'0.
I think Deer High School's roster averages 6'. 
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Pic?

Blue35

Your wife is a wise woman, very perceptive. That is the worst basketball team that I have ever seen at UA and I have been watching for forty years.

The_Truth

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 30, 2009, 11:00:24 pm
My dog woke up from a nap during tonight's game.  He said, "they're better than we are."  I said, "Yes, they are."  He went back to sleep knowing that he's a better coach than John Pelphrey.

Ignorant garbage...

Your dog is probably a better coach than Pelphrey and for you to think that he is a good coach and the piss poor shape we are in now is not partly his doing shows just how ignorant you are.

Hawgon

The_Truth

Quote from: Hawgon on December 31, 2009, 10:28:11 am
You'd be dissappointed.  I know I am.

Now that is funny! 

SemperHawg

Porkem

Hawgon...+1 to you for marrying a smart wife.

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Hoggies

Quote from: Hawgon on December 31, 2009, 10:28:11 am
You'd be dissappointed.  I know I am.

so...she is not the avatar from the_truth?

The Truth

Quote from: Hoggies on December 31, 2009, 11:39:47 am

Sorry, did someone say my name?
The Truth hurts.

Hawgon

Quote from: Hoggies on December 31, 2009, 11:39:47 am

Oh, actually, her knockers are bigger than that girl's.

pick_DA_EAGLES

ke2743

My wife didn't even watch the game with me.  However, she did ask what the final score was.  After relating that to her she said, "I don't even know why you watch them anymore, you just keep getting upset".

BigHog396

Quote from: ke2743 on December 31, 2009, 01:35:45 pm
My wife didn't even watch the game with me.  However, she did ask what the final score was.  After relating that to her she said, "I don't even know why you watch them anymore, you just keep getting upset".
Boy, that sounds familiar.

jacksonpollock

Pelphery is a mastermind. If I got the same results at work for the length of time he's been at Arkansas...oh wait...I wouldn't get the opportunity for that period of time. Some guys have all the luck.
Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn't have as far to fall.

XavierZane

So you were upset about the five game winning streak?

Quote from: jacksonpollock on December 31, 2009, 03:25:00 pm
Pelphery is a mastermind. If I got the same results at work for the length of time he's been at Arkansas...oh wait...I wouldn't get the opportunity for that period of time. Some guys have all the luck.

His results are one winning season, one Tourney bid, one barely losing season with two nationally renowned upsets against ranked teams, and a thus-far winning season despite crippling off-court problems.  There's absolutely no reason to even consider firing him at this point. 

Danny J

Quote from: XavierZane on December 31, 2009, 06:05:17 pm

His results are one winning season, one Tourney bid, one barely losing season with two nationally renowned upsets against ranked teams, and a thus-far winning season despite crippling off-court problems.  There's absolutely no reason to even consider firing him at this point.
Really? WHose players did he have off thwe court issues with? Heaths players or his own recruits? I can name 8 recuits he recruited that are ?either no longer with the team or have been suspended at least once going back to last year. Whose fault is that? Heaths?

XavierZane

December 31, 2009, 06:27:15 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:31:20 pm by XavierZane
Quote from: headhawg7 on December 31, 2009, 06:17:14 pm
Really? WHose players did he have off thwe court issues with? Heaths players or his own recruits? I can name 8 recuits he recruited that are ?either no longer with the team or have been suspended at least once going back to last year. Whose fault is that? Heaths?

Yes, really.  I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it. 

As for whose fault it is:  It's theirs.  You know, because they're rational human beings with minds of their own who can make their own decisions...

And by off-court issues, I meant injuries as well as suspensions.

Toad Suck Pork

Sounds like my wife.  She told me I need a "vacation" from being a basketball fan for a while.  I may consider taking her up on that suggestion at some point.

SunshinePumper

Wow, "barely losing season" doesn't even start to factor in the 2-15 conference record.

Calling this season a winning season is speaking a little too early.  Come back in April and tell me if this was a winning season or not, or show some common sense like 95% of this board, and call this season a losing season like we all know it will be.
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

jacksonpollock

You may be one of the less than 4k @ the game, but whose fault is the worst attendance EVER!
That too is one of his RESULTS thus far. I truly believe fans vote with their dollars, and the vote is against the hoops program and Pel. Regardless of reason, when you don't perform, you shouldn't stay.
Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn't have as far to fall.