Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alltel Arena atmosphere was impressive

Started by hogsndawgs, December 30, 2009, 10:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsndawgs

I wasn't able to get get over to NLR because I was busy, but I watched most of the first half on TV and it seemed pretty loud, not to mention it looked full.

I was quite impressed with the turnout given the fact that this is the worst team we've ever put on the court.  They stayed late too, despite the fact that we were getting killed. Really made me proud. Wish I could have been there.

Marshfieldhog

Devil_Dog

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Marshfieldhog

I hate verizon..always will be alltel to me

dougieritch

As I posted before at least Central Arkansas turned out for the game.  NW Arkansas should take notes.

tomahawkhog

whatever Dougie...let's see the central arkansas fans sit thru 3 games like that one tonight, and we'll see how many show up. 
Go Hogs!

MakeMeOink

The black curtains were up in the upper deck?

Attendance was maybe 8,000. 

arkansaspanic

curtains were on in the end seats - sideline upper deck was about half full... lower bowl was full - definitely over 8,000

LittleRockHog81

Excellemt post! Maybe we should move all the games to NLR. Alert Robert Shields. The great arena debate.

hogfan98

Quote from: MakeMeOink on December 30, 2009, 10:41:43 pm
The black curtains were up in the upper deck?

Attendance was maybe 8,000. 

C'mon man.

thirtythree

The upper deck, aside from the curtians, was more than half full. about 4 rows from the top was sparse, but everything else looked pretty good. The lower bowl was great.

11K+

WilsonHog

Quote from: dougieritch on December 30, 2009, 10:33:28 pm
As I posted before at least Central Arkansas turned out for the game.  NW Arkansas should take notes.

Put 18 down there and see if they draw like they did tonight.

Then you might have a point worth discussing.

thirtythree

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 30, 2009, 11:15:41 pm

Wilson, I will say this. I don't think it would matter how many games were down here. I don't say that to be cocky or arrogant. It is just a matter of it being in the central part of the state. It is a lot easier for people to go to the game and get home at a decent hour even if it is on a weeknight. Would it sell out with a team that is not as good? Probably not, but the chances of having larger crowds are better simply because of a larger population to draw from.

hogsndawgs

hogsndawgs

Quote from: LittleRockHog81 on December 30, 2009, 10:43:53 pm
Excellemt post! Maybe we should move all the games to NLR. Alert Robert Shields. The great arena debate.

That wasn't my point. Anyway, I've always been 100% against playing football games at WMS. At least Alltel/Verizon arena isn't a dump like WMS though. :)

LittleRockHog81

Yeah and its not like we won the game either :(

FaytownHog

BWA=20k seats, VC=12k seats? BWA=18 games, VC=1 game. if we moved games back into barnhill it would look a lot more full too. if fayetteville had one game played here a year, it'd be a sell out too (although it wasn't a sell out tonight in LR). not "hating". just pointing out some numbers.

Lando Calrissian

thirtythree actually showed up to a game, so all is well.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

1highhog

How many seats are you saying Verizon Arena has???

1highhog

FaytownHog-If by VC your referring to Verizon Arena that is.

1highhog

I was thinking Verizon or Alltel Arena had around 18,600 to 19,000 at full capacity.  I love BWA as much as the next man, but for NLR, VA is a top notch facility.  I still wish the city or whoever stopped the plan to build the Diamond Center would has been horse whipped, that place would have been a crown jewel and something the whole state could have been proud of.

dougieritch

December 31, 2009, 07:57:17 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 08:16:10 am by dougieritch
Quote from: tomahawkhog on December 30, 2009, 10:35:58 pm
whatever Douglas...let's see the central arkansas fans sit thru 3 games like that one tonight, and we'll see how many show up. 

From Arkansas Sports360: "The game drew a crowd of 11,162 an actual "drop" count of the tickets, not an "announced" crowd. Reporters who have covered the Hogs in Fayetteville said the crowd easily was the largest of the season for a home game."

Suck it...NW Arkansas has yet to have a crowd that large, so don't you cats give me all this crapola about turning out for 3 games, etc!  Second if you a fan you support your team good or bad. 

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 30, 2009, 11:15:41 pm

Wilson, I don't care if you are a Mod, I've seen several of your posts and all you ever do is HATE.  You and FCJ should get together.  My point is still valid, it was a bigger crowd than any this year at Bud...so that is on all you NW Arkansas Wine and Cheesers!

thirtythree

Quote from: dougieritch on December 31, 2009, 07:57:17 am
From Arkansas Sports360: "The game drew a crowd of 11,162 an actual "drop" count of the tickets, not an "announced" crowd. Reporters who have covered the Hogs in Fayetteville said the crowd easily was the largest of the season for a home game."

Suck it...NW Arkansas has yet to have a crowd that large, so don't you cats give me all this crapola about turning out for 3 games, etc!  Second if you a fan you support your team good or bad. 

Wilson, I don't care if you are a Mod, I've seen several of your posts and all you ever do is HATE.  You and FCJ should get together.  My point is still valid, it was a bigger crowd than any this year at Bud...so that is on all you NW Arkansas Wine and Cheesers!

Doug, I don't know if you've read latley but Wilson has really mellowed down and has gone more in the middle now.

FaytownHog

Quote from: dougieritch on December 31, 2009, 07:57:17 am

yes, you are correct if you only say "we had the largest crowd of the year so far". congrats. you have one game in LR. you couldn't sell it out. if you think having 18 games vs 1 game makes a difference, you're too far gone to even mess with. have fun being "right".

Sed76

I bought four tickets but had no desire to see the product we've been putting on the floor. Gave them to my neighbor who took his sons who had never been to a Hog game before. Even though we got throttled he said those boys cheered and hollered the whole time. I'm just glad that the kids had a good time and was able to the team in person.