Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't chant "S-E-C." May they all burn

Started by oldbooniehog, January 01, 2018, 03:58:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching LSU and Auburn crash and burn today.

Loved it.

I don't chant "S-E-C" unless it's Arkansas that's won something.

All the other SEC teams are the enemy, all the time.

I loved A&M going down to Wake Forest.

I wish all other SEC teams nothing but embarrassing losses and bad calls by incompetent refs.

I wish them nagging high ankle sprains and inexplicable fumbles and academic cheating scandals and NCAA probation

If only some other SEC program would get the "death penalty" for cheating, I would buy the most expensive cigar I could find to smoke in celebration.

I want to see their coaching staffs perp-walked off campus by FBI agents.

Please Georgia, continue the trend now. Please give up 400 yards and 6 TDs to Baker Mayfield.

Sed76

I feel the same way. Whenever we go to a bowl fans of other SEC schools tend to laugh instead of cheer. Hear things like "Arky can't even win the terrible bowls."

oldbooniehog

I wish all of the other SEC schools could be forced to have Jack Crowe, and Nutt and Bielema for coaches for 2 years apiece.

oldbooniehog

I wish all other SEC schools could be forced to have the social justice warrior son of a millionaire railroad executive who ruined Mizzou's enrollment organize protests on their campus for 2 years each.

Tusker4life

Agreed, I don't root for SEC, they are all our enemies,. LOL
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

The Kig

I root for SEC teams to win their bowls games because doing so is good for Arkansas.
Poker Porker

King Kong

I'll chant it when we are 11-2 and #5 in the Nation.

At 4-8 not so much

oldbooniehog

King Kong....

Considering that Arkansas finished 3rd in the SEC West the year Arkansas finished #5, exactly WHAT were you chanting "S-E-C" for?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: The Kig on January 01, 2018, 04:43:29 pm
I root for SEC teams to win their bowls games because doing so is good for Arkansas.

How so?

Dillar Dog

The Kig

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 01, 2018, 05:11:48 pm
How so?

Please tell me that's sarcasm and not that you really don't understand the economic benefit of a strong SEC.
Poker Porker

Dillar Dog

Quote from: The Kig on January 01, 2018, 05:35:26 pm
Please tell me that's sarcasm and not that you really don't understand the economic benefit of a strong SEC.

Yeah.

Without that SEC money we'd have trouble paying the light bill on campus.

FaytownHog

How so?
by the conference being considered a top conference. It's not rocket science. If you want the SEC to be seen the same as the sun belt then by all means, have every sec team keep losing to other conferences.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: FaytownHog on January 01, 2018, 05:44:28 pm
by the conference being considered a top conference. It's not rocket science. If you want the SEC to be seen the same as the sun belt then by all means, have every sec team keep losing to other conferences.

You serious, Clark?

Hogarusa

Quote from: FaytownHog on January 01, 2018, 05:44:28 pm

Silly. The SEC is a P5 with its own network and TV contracts with ESPN and CBS for many years to come. The money is never going to stop pouring in. Stop this other conference foes winning is good for Arkansas nonsense!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hogarusa

PS this stomping OU is putting on Georgia is pure joy to watch

The Kig

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 01, 2018, 05:49:03 pm
Silly. The SEC is a P5 with its own network and TV contracts with ESPN and CBS for many years to come. The money is never going to stop pouring in. Stop this other conference foes winning is good for Arkansas nonsense!

It isn't nonsense and the only reason the money is pouring in is due to the perceived strength of the conference vs other conferences.  Believing the money will never stop pouring in is ignorant nonsense.
Poker Porker

Dillar Dog

Quote from: The Kig on January 01, 2018, 05:54:59 pm
It isn't nonsense and the only reason the money is pouring in is due to the perceived strength of the conference vs other conferences.  Believing the money will never stop pouring in is ignorant nonsense.

Ok.  I'll admit you got me.

Good job.

Hogarusa

Quote from: The Kig on January 01, 2018, 05:54:59 pm

Every P5 conference is making straight cash homie. There is nobody to challenge this, unless the true elites of the P5 decide to break off from their current setup. You are living a nightmare that has no reality in sight.

All that cash that Saban and the rest of the SEC has made us over the past 15 years has led us to a 6 year record of 33-42 since 2012.  Thanks SEC!

oldbooniehog

Kneph13

There is no Political Correctness in war

hawginbigd1

I  am glad you all had such a sucky past 6 hours. Live in another conference's area code and you might have some understanding of why you want your conference to be the top.

I also want Saban to get bored with NCs and find something else to do.

bennyl08

How so?

Short answer: It wasn't that long ago that Auburn went undefeated and was left out of the championship or a 1 loss Florida team barely eeked into the championship instead of a Big10 rematch game. Can't have your cake and eat it too in terms of wanting SEC teams to lose.

Longer answer: What's the difference b/w the SEC and the Sun Belt in terms of football? There's money, there's facilities, there's NFL talent, and there's out of conference record. Admittedly, part of the money is the result of the schools often being being academically as well. However, OSU has a larger student body and way more research money. UO has a lot more football success and money. This is because to a large degree, money, facilities, and talent are side effects of winning. Why has SMU struggled to regain relevancy? They are still in Texas, still have a big student body, but they haven't won in a long time, and success/lackthereof is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If those who root against the other SEC teams got their way, then the SEC would quickly fall the way of the sun belt and technically lower. What was the arguments made against Boise? They play a weak conference. If Bama, UGA, LSU, aggies, MSU, Vandy, and so on consistently were unable the LaTechs, the NMST's, and so on, then yeah, Arkansas could go undefeated and not even make a 10 team playoff, much less a 4, given that UCF was ranked 12th in the CFP poll and just barely 10th in the AP.

If that is genuinely the fate you want to befall the University of Arkansas, then by all means, always root for OOC losses for SEC foes. Otherwise, if you want the SEC to still maintain it's status as at least a power 5 conference (used to be power 6 with the Big East until that conference collapsed in case you think it isn't possible for the SEC to lose its power), then you are lying to yourself saying you want SEC teams to lose out of conference games.

Me, while not technically possible, I want every other SEC team to go 9-4 each season. Going 4-0 in OoC play, 4-4 in SEC play, and winning their bowl games with the hogs of course going undefeated. Then, at 8-4 after the season (8-5 for whoever we would beat in the SECCG), none of our rivals are playing in any major games, but nobody can complain that we weren't out there beating only teams with losing records and that every team we beat went on to beat other conferences teams boosting our SoS.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Peter Porker

I'd rather be UCF this year or what Boise State was a under Petersen than what we've been.

This so-called keep the conference strong so when we finally get to that level is stupid. Why? Because as long as the conference is strong we won't get there. The best we've ever been in the SEC has been when the conference is down.

Bama, Auburn, LSU are not our brothers. They are our enemies. They are the ones keeping us from national titles. They are ISIS, Nazis, North Korea, Red China.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Kig on January 01, 2018, 04:43:29 pm
Me too cause it out more money in the Bank!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

Torqued pork

Conference affiliation has nothing to do with who I cheer for in bowls.

If Arkansas is ever in the national discussion it probably will, but only because of the perceived legitimacy of the Hogs.

Veritas Arkansas

It's funny, because if Arkansas is ever in the national discussion, they will trip and fall over themselves to not protect us.

The SEC is out to protect the big moneymaking schools, and will forever give the shaft to the Arkansas, South Carolinas, and Mississippis.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on January 02, 2018, 10:51:48 am
It's funny, because if Arkansas is ever in the national discussion, they will trip and fall over themselves to not protect us.

The SEC is out to protect the big moneymaking schools, and will forever give the shaft to the Arkansas, South Carolinas, and Mississippis.
That's probably the case in every conference to some extent.

SPAL

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 02, 2018, 10:54:02 am
That's probably the case in every conference to some extent.

Absolutely.

I just can't imagine Arkansas ever getting the benefit of being in the SEC if there's a judgment call situation.

Reverse the seasons for Arkansas and Alabama this year.  There is no way we'd get in the playoffs over tOSU.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

The Kig

Benny did a much better job than I did in articulating what it means for Arkansas when SEC teams do well.  Maybe "root" was the wrong word... I can't root for Auburn, especially after the Gus fiasco.  However, that doesn't mean I am rooting for the other team to win either.  I just inherently get the economics of being the best (perceived or otherwise) conference in the country.

Make no mistake, after the atrocious start of this bowl season, having an all SEC championship is good for the conference and good for Arkansas.  Granted, the conference was very top heavy... but we already knew that.  What we didn't know was that the middle was so soft.   With the way the Georgia game started, it looked like it was going to be an OU blowout.  Bama hadn't been challenged much this year and had a ton of injuries on defense.  If both of them lose in addition to the other 5 that already lost, we would see an impact fairly quickly. 

Yes, we have contracts for payouts already in place... but the sponsor revenue (which drives EVERYTHING) would have shifted to other conferences (like the Big 10, which started out 7-0 in bowls).  Winning=>$$, Losing=<$$.   

Being in the SEC is much akin to being in a dysfunctional family.  It's easy for us to beat each other up, hate each other, make fun of each other etc... but when someone else does it, we shouldn't be happy.  Someone else trying to steal money from another family member means less money for the family...also something we shouldn't be happy about. 

Now that bowl season is over, we can get back to calling LSU fans corndogs, laughing at Barn for being dumb enough to give Gus $49M, mocking USC for having a chicken as a mascot...etc.  You know... family stuff.   
Poker Porker