Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DOD after Tricare

Started by Old Tusk, March 04, 2014, 11:57:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tusk

The 2015 DOD budget will target Tricare again. Plan is to roll every thing into standard plus increase fees. Also, they will raise premium on tricare for llife. Just a matter of time till congress buys in.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

TeufelHog

Yes and No . . . here's one for thought.  AHCA.  Sooner or later someone is going to realize that current military members and military retirees are historically healthy and they have a job with a stable income.  Wait till they force us into ObamaCare in order to help "pay for it/get the enrollment numbers up."  In this day and age it's not going to surprise me if Tricare turns into ObamaCare.  Remember, you heard it here first . . .

Old Tusk

Don't by the idea that the military is a healthier group than the general public. The families are certainly no different than the general public. The military can be very physically and mentally demanding. Look at how many marines have bad knees . Look at all the mental health issues in today's military. Not to mention the whole war thing. I can see working age retires being put on a ochre system and wish you good luck. Also military income isn't going to be that stable. Please note the same budget also cuts compensation.

The worst case scenario is they force retires into the VA system.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

YankHog

Quote from: Old Tusk on March 09, 2014, 12:38:52 pm
Don't by the idea that the military is a healthier group than the general public.
The worst case scenario is they force retires into the VA system.

right on Tusk, we may be more physically fit than the average Joe who's just a tad heavier but with no wear and tear on his/her body, whereas the service men and women are fighting broken down bodies/joints, after 23+ yrs in the Army once I crossed 40 it seemed I threw a tread, shoulders went out, knee went out, ankle went out....and I get the regular old guy stuff too, eyes going bad, arthritis on top of the other crap....i'm literally crawling to the finish line....

Sueie

These comments are the reason the 2014 election is important.

Old Tusk

Quote from: Sueie on March 10, 2014, 08:02:08 am
These comments are the reason the 2014 election is important.

You really think so?

Sueie

Yes I certainly do.  Get the IDIOTS that have been running on their military record and then get that #&#&@*$#  John McCain out of there and the rest of them that supposedly care about the vets and it will improve.  He cares about the veterans about as much as the Commander in Chief does.