Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

506th of the 101st Airborne

Started by ChromDome35, December 17, 2013, 09:01:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromDome35

Very proud of my 2nd LT. Son in Law who graduated from the UA this Spring was just assigned to his unit...506th of the 101st at Ft. Campbell.

He signed up in the reserves after high school and while going to college did a tour in Iraq.  Came home, went back to college, decided he wanted to be a combat engineer and so he went to Ft. Leonard Wood and went through the training.  He was promoted to Sgt along the way.  He married my daughter 1 day before he deployed to Afghanistan where he spent almost a year on IED route clearance.  (Some of the pics he has, he still wont show my daughter).  He came home in one piece (Thank GOD!) and did two years at UofA Fayetteville where he joined ROTC.  His senior year he was Cadet Commander and was given the Chancellor's award as the top cadet.

LightHog

LightHog

pigture perfect

Awesome. My National Guard unit was assigned to the 101st during deployment. Spent several summer camps at Campbell. We called it Ft. Itchyvine because of all the poison Ivy.

Congrats to your SIL.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"