Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who has seen Altee play this year?

Started by HogPhilosophy, November 09, 2012, 11:18:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPhilosophy

I was just looking at his number for this year, and although he has gone for over a 100 every game just about, I'm just not overly impressed with his stats. A player of his caliber in high school should be putting up gaudy numbers because well...its high school. I was just curious though to get some peoples opinion thoughts from those who have seen him live. What's the scouting report on him for THIS year.

P.S. Not bashing, just curious

Fayettechill14

North Little Rock was a part of the 6A/7A reshuffling, and they were put into a different conference than Conway and Bryant, the only truly great 6A/7A defenses. Conway shut Tenpenney down completely two years ago, but this year NLR wasn't nearly as tested.

HogPhilosophy

Are they in the East now? If your saying that Conway would be competition to Altee then that is scary because I saw them against Greenwood. Not overly powering or great. They couldn't stop Morgan (Not trying to prop him, just an observation) and Tenpenny is suppose to be head and shoulders above him.

But is it because they are playing lesser competition and therefore he is probably only playing a half to two thirds of each game? I dont know..Im just guessing, which is why Im asking those have seen him play.

ricepig

I only saw NLR play Jonesboro, Tenpenny played the whole game and finished with less than 60 yards. The excuse was because of the rain, but Day had over 150 yards that game.

kclvr

I remember a few weeks ago someone posted about him after they played a east Texas school and basically said he looked like a junior high kid trying to play high school ball against that team. Said he was not a factor at all.

Bubba's Bruisers

I've never seen him play, so I have no opinion on his abilities.  However, I bet he magically becomes all-world the moment he switches his commit to us.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

yraciv

Quote from: kclvr on November 10, 2012, 07:57:46 am
I remember a few weeks ago someone posted about him after they played a east Texas school and basically said he looked like a junior high kid trying to play high school ball against that team. Said he was not a factor at all.

That was against a team that is 7-3 in Texas, and their DL manhandled NLR.  It is really hard to evaluate what Tenpenny has done this year. He's getting 8 yards a touch, and has really only had 2 tough games all year. It's hard to do much better than that, and though he has been going up against weaker D's, he still does it in a large classification against some pretty good athletes. And again I'm going to note, I don't think NLR OL is all that good.  We'll see when he gets to college how it pans out, but I still think he has the speed and agility to be a good SEC back. Maybe slightly overrated at this point, but he is certainly worthy of all the praise.

razorbacksnum1

NLR of the 7A schools has played the weakest schedule and I predict will get knocked off as soon as they play one of the big NWA teams. IMO Tenpenny is a solid player but not worthy of his high rating/ranking. I think he's a middle of the pack RB nationally who just so happen to put up some numbers at a combine. A kid as highly rated as he is should have huge #s  in high school no matter what- look at Derrick Henry's rushing #s, he's the other big Alabama recruit. There's no comparison between the two.

yraciv

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 10, 2012, 01:27:43 pm
NLR of the 7A schools has played the weakest schedule and I predict will get knocked off as soon as they play one of the big NWA teams. IMO Tenpenny is a solid player but not worthy of his high rating/ranking. I think he's a middle of the pack RB nationally who just so happen to put up some numbers at a combine. A kid as highly rated as he is should have huge #s  in high school no matter what- look at Derrick Henry's rushing #s, he's the other big Alabama recruit. There's no comparison between the two.

Henry is very good, but it's a completely different situation. He gets 30-40 yards a carry and their offense has been pound the ball as long as he has been there. It would be foolish to give Altee that amount of carries coming off of injury. Not saying he'd be able to have the same success or is as good, but in all of Henry's numbers. He only get 1 YPC more than Tenpenney.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: yraciv on November 10, 2012, 01:46:35 pm
Henry is very good, but it's a completely different situation. He gets 30-40 yards a carry and their offense has been pound the ball as long as he has been there. It would be foolish to give Altee that amount of carries coming off of injury. Not saying he'd be able to have the same success or is as good, but in all of Henry's numbers. He only get 1 YPC more than Tenpenney.
I disagree...the point I'm making is that at the high school level a high D1 kid should set themselves apart from the other players in a dramatic way. Tenpenny has not done that yet. Is he capable? Maybe. We don't really know. He's a good football player but he's not a top 5 RB in the country.

yraciv

November 10, 2012, 05:37:58 pm #10 Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:40:21 pm by yraciv
Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 10, 2012, 05:30:43 pm
I disagree...the point I'm making is that at the high school level a high D1 kid should set themselves apart from the other players in a dramatic way. Tenpenny has not done that yet. Is he capable? Maybe. We don't really know. He's a good football player but he's not a top 5 RB in the country.

What has he not done? He is getting 8 yards a pop, has had breakaway runs, and is splitting carries with another very good back. If he got 20 carries a game his numbers would be a lot more impressive. He just hasn't been in situations to do that this year, and a lot of that is because he is coming off serious injury. I openly admitted he may be slightly overrated, but to me that means Top 10 maybe Top 15 back, but no doubt a 4 star. It's not like he is doing anything that deserves a serious plummet in the rankings either, I agree he just hasn't seemed to have that IT factor this year.

Running backs have a shelf life, and I'd be very afraid that those backs getting 40 carries a game in high school might get run into the ground.

HogPhilosophy

Im just wondering why split carries with a good RB when you are suppose to have a GREAT RB? Is the other kid just that good?

yraciv

November 10, 2012, 08:34:32 pm #12 Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:47:38 pm by yraciv
Quote from: HogPhilosophy on November 10, 2012, 05:57:26 pm
Im just wondering why split carries with a good RB when you are suppose to have a GREAT RB? Is the other kid just that good?

Going off his SPARQ scores and what I've heard, yes he should be D1 as well. It makes perfect sense to split carries when the star is coming off a serious injury, and you are blowing out all your opponents.

hogfan_jh

I have seen several NLR games this year and Altee doesn't appear to 100% to me.  Once he gets to college and learns to run with a lower pad level he will be much better, but he is still very good right now.  There are a lot of very good skill position athletes on that team, so the coaches have a challenge getting all their playmakers involved.  The Day kid that backs up Altee is very good.  He hits the hole quick and has a good burst when in the open field.  Most of their games have been mercy rule games, so that cuts down on the amount of plays the team runs in the second half.  I will be at all of the playoff games and I'm looking forward to see how Altee does against some of the bigger 7A teams.

ceegar

Once he gets to Bama and has the luxury of running behind that line he will be just fine.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hogmiser

Well I hope that the new head football coach, and his assistants will recruit Altee Tennpenny this year in December, and January. I hope they can flip his committ to Bama  to the Hogs. One can dream anyway??
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: yraciv on November 10, 2012, 01:13:36 pm
That was against a team that is 7-3 in Texas, and their DL manhandled NLR.  It is really hard to evaluate what Tenpenny has done this year. He's getting 8 yards a touch, and has really only had 2 tough games all year. It's hard to do much better than that, and though he has been going up against weaker D's, he still does it in a large classification against some pretty good athletes. And again I'm going to note, I don't think NLR OL is all that good.  We'll see when he gets to college how it pans out, but I still think he has the speed and agility to be a good SEC back. Maybe slightly overrated at this point, but he is certainly worthy of all the praise.

He better get used to that because Arkansas oline men get manhandled by real sec football players too. If he does switch

Danny J

Quote from: ceegar on November 11, 2012, 09:36:41 am
Once he gets to Bama and has the luxury of running behind that line he will be just fine.
Yep....they will pack the weight on him and tell him to run straight ahead. Imagine a REALLY good RB running behind that line. Someone like Dmac.

ur

I'll let you know a week from Friday.  ;)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<