Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man, Bert is dumb. Another low in today’s PC

Started by hawgon, November 06, 2017, 04:49:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

November 06, 2017, 04:49:08 pm Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:39:37 pm by hawgon
So he was asked today who the QB would be on Saturday.  He got all pissy and said that he had covered that on Saturday.  He said that AA was 100% and that they would start the QB that gave them the best chance to win and all that.  And he very pissyly said, "I'm not in the habit of giving out gameplans to our opponents."

Then a few minutes late he let it slip that CK would be playing in front of his home crowd.  So, a reporter then said, "So, CK will be getting the start then." 

Bert stammered around for a second or two and then said something like, "What I meant was that he MIGHT BE playing in front of his home crowd."

Lol

Danimal

Kinda reminds me of the hayseed bank robbery scene in the movie Raising Arizona -- "Ya hear that?! We're speakin' in codes!!"..

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on November 06, 2017, 04:49:08 pm
So he was asked today who the QB would be on Saturday.  He got all pissy and said that he had covered that on Saturday.  He said that AA was 100% and that they would start the QB sh have them the best chance.  And he very pissyly said, "I'm not in the habit of giving out gameplans to our opponents."

Then a few minutes late he let it slip that CK would be playing in front of his home crowd.  So, a reporter then said, "So, CK will be getting the start then." 

Bert stammered around for a second or two and then said something like, "What I meant was that he MIGHT BE playing in front of his home crowd."

Lol
Don't be so hard on Bret. He's obviously frustrated from trying to teach TJ the playbook in hoganese.

navyhog24

This is going the longest month of NovemBert that I can remember. I'm ready for this bozo to be gone already.

bythelake

You guys are going to find any little thing to down CBB.

Give it a break and let it play out.

navyhog24

He'll be ok. He's got $4.2+ million reasons he'll be ok. Then add in whatever his buyout will be. I'd be letting people say whatever the heck they wanted if I was making this much money and getting to be a monkey with a headset.

The Pulse

I get the feeling AA is not 100% and this is an attempt at "gamesmanship" on BB's part

arkfan81

Quote from: bythelake on November 06, 2017, 05:09:25 pm
You guys are going to find any little thing to down CBB.

Give it a break and let it play out.

Bret is trolling people and they don't know it..
Have faith...

jgphillips3

hoghearted

Quote from: The Pulse on November 06, 2017, 05:16:23 pm
I get the feeling AA is not 100% and this is an attempt at "gamesmanship" on BB's part

logical conclusion

But not a great strategy. I don't see a huge difference in how to plan a defense for either QB
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

navyhog24

Quote from: hoghearted on November 06, 2017, 05:18:34 pm
logical conclusion

But not a great strategy. I don't see a huge difference in how to plan a defense for either QB

You really don't have to with LSU's talent. They could play base defense all night and still shut us out.

jgphillips3

How hard is it to say "we are going to play them both."  That's really all you have to say to make them waste time preparing for it.  But oh no...He has to go all double naught spy and then look foolish.  Sigh...

HogPharmer

logical conclusion

2 man rush on every play. Still end up with the most sacks in single-game. program history
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

farmhawg

Quote from: The Pulse on November 06, 2017, 05:16:23 pm
He is not good at it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HiggiePiggy

I think AA is 100% and is telling CBB to kiss his ass.  If I were AA I would focus on the draft and do everything possible to be ready for tryouts. Screw Bret. He has already screwed AAs career here with crap offensive line play and very poor coaching.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TrueBlue

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 06, 2017, 06:56:00 pm
I think AA is 100% and is telling CBB to kiss his ass.  If I were AA I would focus on the draft and do everything possible to be ready for tryouts. Screw Bret. He has already screwed AAs career here with crap offensive line play and very poor coaching.

For what "draft"? Is the military starting to draft again?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 06, 2017, 06:58:08 pm
For what "draft"? Is the military starting to draft again?

He can still have a chance of getting drafted. Slim because of this poor coaching staff, but he still has a chance if he can impress nfl teams.  Not going to be able to do that if he gets injured in these last few games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PorkRinds

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 06, 2017, 06:56:00 pm

So he's doing that and they're letting him travel with the team and stand on the sidelines wearing a headset?

Tarheelhawg

Wow,  Geez!! We can never beat LSU now that you goobers revealed Bert's Double secrete that Cole will play in front of the home crowd and that Austin is 100 %!

pigelow

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 06, 2017, 07:01:58 pm
He can still have a chance of getting drafted. Slim because of this poor coaching staff, but he still has a chance if he can impress nfl teams.  Not going to be able to do that if he gets injured in these last few games.
@ 5'11"? He's no Drew Brees, man.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The Hawg Marshal

Kris Hunnicutt Retweeted
Trey Schaap‏ @trey1037TheBuzz 4h4 hours ago

So Bielema said today that Hammonds missed the first 2 games this season? He had 3 carries and averaged 7.3 yards v FAMU.
14 replies 15 retweets 32 likes

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 07:26:32 pm
Kris Hunnicutt Retweeted
Trey Schaap‏ @trey1037TheBuzz 4h4 hours ago

So Bielema said today that Hammonds missed the first 2 games this season? He had 3 carries and averaged 7.3 yards v FAMU.
14 replies 15 retweets 32 likes
Perhaps that was T.J.'s stand in double.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

The Hawg Marshal

Boardon Hamsay

Maybe the staff should get some binders for the LSU game....or at least a trapper keeper or two.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

SooieGeneris

Haven't you heard? Bert's LSU gameplan was found on the floor at Chipotle... a fake press release is being sent to LSU saying that gametime has been changed to 3:00 pm.

Hogs go against air. Game still scoreless in 3rd quarter until TJ Hammonds gets his first carry and goes 80 yards for a TD..

This after Whaley runs into sideline reporter Cole Kubelick on one breakaway run late in the first half, but Hogs run out of time despite having all 3 timeouts..

Early 3rd quarter Whaley runs into Brandon Martin's fist, thwarting another drive..

Hammonds scores, Hogs 7-0 with the made PAT. Hogs go into stall mode, LSU shows up for what they think is pregame warmups with :30 left, score to make it 7-6 with :01 left, but the kicker hasn't showed up yet...

They borrow Cole Hedlund who shanks the PAT 10 yards to the right of the upright, striking Larry Culpepper in the groin as he peddles Dr. Pepper in the stands spiked with Tito's vodka...

Another glorious Hog win 7-6! Jeffy rushes the field armed with lifetime contracts for the two of them and Kevin Bacon comes on the field to proclaim: "All is well!!!"

Upon arriving in Fayetteville, Sebastian Tretola leads a parade down Dickson St....

KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Rayzback

logical conclusion

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

code red

Quote from: Danimal on November 06, 2017, 04:55:58 pm
Kinda reminds me of the hayseed bank robbery scene in the movie Raising Arizona -- "Ya hear that?! We're speakin' in codes!!"..
Lol great movie and quite appropriate.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on November 06, 2017, 07:15:42 pm

Wow,  Geez!! We can never beat LSU now that you goobers revealed Bert's Double secrete that Cole will play in front of the home crowd and that Austin is 100 %!

Guess Bert will have a... "double secret"....scheme for our defense ?   Hope it's not the "8 man & one flop"?  We already tried that one.  Replay made national TV.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 06, 2017, 07:01:58 pm

I will agree with you on that.

This staff absolutely destroyed Austin.

PRJ

jgphillips3

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 06, 2017, 11:10:11 pm
I will agree with you on that.

This staff absolutely destroyed Austin.

PRJ

And you could tell he knows that by how he reacted coming off the field so often.  There should be some interesting stories leak once the ax falls.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 06, 2017, 11:17:51 pm
And you could tell he knows that by how he reacted coming off the field so often.  There should be some interesting stories leak once the ax falls.

You will hear horror story's.

From players, to parents, bartenders, neighbors who had an obnoxious drunk speeding a golf cart on their lawns.

When you have Eddie Sutton problems...it will come out.

PRJ

PonderinHog

Matt Burks

Tejano Jawg

Well...I heard Bielema is burning a couple redshirts this Saturday in Baton Rouge.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

farmhawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 06, 2017, 11:26:43 pm
You will hear horror story's.

From players, to parents, bartenders, neighbors who had an obnoxious drunk speeding a golf cart on their lawns.

When you have Eddie Sutton problems...it will come out.

PRJ
Yep. Long didn't check.
From theflyinghog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 06, 2017, 05:06:13 pm
This is going the longest month of NovemBert that I can remember. I'm ready for this bozo to be gone already.

It has actually gotten so bad that I test fired a rifle for the first time in 3 years to see if I can hunt deer again. I dearly loved it (pun intended), but had to stop due to shoulder replacement surgery. I dropped down to a 243 Winchester. It's looking like I'll have something to keep me busy again. Too bad I didn't plant any food plats though...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.