Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How are programs like Okla St, OU, West Va, and TCU

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 23, 2018, 11:19:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: razorhead94 on January 28, 2018, 06:20:44 pm
And..........all 4 of these teams lost to SEC teams this weekend.  BUMP

Yep - I noticed the same thing.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogfanny

WaltKowalski

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 23, 2018, 11:19:06 am
consistently out-recruiting and out-playing and out-ranking Arkansas?

If anyone SHOULD be able to bring Arkansas back to being nationally competitive, especially in what has been a weak SEC for past few years (maybe not so much this season), it would be a guy who was with Arkansas from 1985 to 2002: Mike Anderson. Has Arkansas even been in the final top 25 poll any year that Anderson has been the HC? Made the NCAAT 2 times in 6 years as a middling to low seed. 2-2 record in NCAAT.

Year 7 looks like yet another year of running in place: .500 in conference, give or take a game, which is a backslide from last year even though we start 4 seniors and have a fantastic freshman who contributes much. Another year of being unranked. Probably another year of not making the NCAAT.

At what point does this new AD look at Anderson and ignore the BS about the incoming class (it's always the next recruiting class that is going to make a long time head coach suddenly better than he has EVER been at coaching and winning) and realize this is as good as it is going to get with this guy so do I fire him now or let him run in place for another 3 or 4 years at pay of approx $3 million per season?

We beat OU and OSU

Science Fiction Greg

It really is incredible how stupid some of these threads are.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Oklahawg

Isn't this thread great? Started as a calculated opportunity to bash the Hogs should they lose to OSU.

Did they play well? Not like I had hoped. Did they win? Yup.

Hey, I don't see MA as an elite coach. I felt Nolan was an elite, top 10 coach before he even came to UA. That is not MA, but he is quite good. And, I will enjoy watching the Hogs play. We will win a lot of games in the SEC most years.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

KlubhouseKonnected

Welp, time for these folks to start laying the trap argument for the next potential loss.

Keep the goalposts on skates fellas, nobody is noticing what you are doing.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.