Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We got screwed. No way around it.

Started by Randohoggie, March 11, 2018, 05:30:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-march-madness-predictions/

538 picks Butler as winner with 60% chance to do so.
I think that is way high, from a probability standpoint. I would put it closer to 52%.

If we can mostly shut down their star and have a decent offensive showing I think we win.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: Gonzo on March 11, 2018, 05:35:46 pm
They would be a tough draw of course, but I don't think being in Dallas would be much of a factor, Hog fans would show out here just as well as Red Raiders I think. Much better than the crowd they'll have in Detroit, dangit, hah

Go Hogs!

TT record isn't much better than ours and I see some Stan Heath in Chris Beard but hog fans thinks he's the next coach K.
BIE

bphi11ips

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 11, 2018, 07:37:46 pm
I like our bracket and I like our path.. don't really like the locations..

The SEC overall has a beef about locations when compared to other conferences.  Everyone is traveling long distances.  Missouri is best in Nashville as an 8 seed.  Tennessee goes to Dallas as a 3 with first round in Nashville. Texas Tech goes to Dallas as a 3.  Michigan State is a 3 in Detroit.  Auburn goes to San Diego as a 4 after winning regular season SEC.  Kentucky is 5 with virtually same record as UNC and a win in SEC tournament. UNC is 2 in Charlotte.  Kentucky gets shipped to Boise.

It's almost like the NCAA is out to prove a point that the SEC ain't all that.  Okay, we'll give you 8, but we'll seed you low and ship you far away. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

311Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 12, 2018, 10:04:18 am
The SEC overall has a beef about locations when compared to other conferences.  Everyone is traveling long distances.  Missouri is best in Nashville as an 8 seed.  Tennessee goes to Dallas as a 3 with first round in Nashville. Texas Tech goes to Dallas as a 3.  Michigan State is a 3 in Detroit.  Auburn goes to San Diego as a 4 after winning regular season SEC.  Kentucky is 5 with virtually same record as UNC and a win in SEC tournament. UNC is 2 in Charlotte.  Kentucky gets shipped to Boise.

It's almost like the NCAA is out to prove a point that the SEC ain't all that.  Okay, we'll give you 8, but we'll seed you low and ship you far away. 

i got the same impression.  More elitism from the ACC.  and pay back for being so good in football lol