Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nughaud

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 14, 2013, 01:30:39 pm
Here are a couple nuggets for you Nughaud

Tonight Clemson -10 bought the hook / 5 units

Tomorrow Wash Huskies +3.5 bought the hook / 5 units

Saturday Miami 3.00 / dime play.

Thanks Jeff,

Yeah I understand your reasoning for not posting all the time, your contacts etc. It's just nice sometimes to see some people's leans on games which I might have overlooked.

Just say out of MMQB... I learned long ago, the internet and arguing just don't mix. =) It's easier said than done though.
On a new note, Heritage actually added "Live" wagering.. not sure when it was added, but it was sometime in the last couple of weeks if not days.

nughaud

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 14, 2013, 05:44:07 pm
Man, NC St has been pretty awful lately

I agree, just looking at a few things and they are better than they look on paper, that's for sure.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: nughaud on November 14, 2013, 08:01:12 pm
Thanks Jeff,

Yeah I understand your reasoning for not posting all the time, your contacts etc. It's just nice sometimes to see some people's leans on games which I might have overlooked.

Just say out of MMQB... I learned long ago, the internet and arguing just don't mix. =) It's easier said than done though.
On a new note, Heritage actually added "Live" wagering.. not sure when it was added, but it was sometime in the last couple of weeks if not days.

Dunno what Heritage is? Online site?
Let's make some waves.

nughaud

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 14, 2013, 09:11:37 pm
Dunno what Heritage is? Online site?

Yeah, I have about 6 I use, but mainly 3, to include Heritage, BM and 5Dimes. Heritage goes invite only sometimes for US customers. It might be right now, not sure.

Quote from: nughaud on November 14, 2013, 10:14:04 pm
Yeah, I have about 6 I use, but mainly 3, to include Heritage, BM and 5Dimes. Heritage goes invite only sometimes for US customers. It might be right now, not sure.

Gotcha.  I don't do much online, but will keep that in mind.

I'm looking forward to online poker being legal here again.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

I'm still tinkering with adding VBA code to Excel macros to run loops to test large numbers of different scenarios and trying to figure out which results are worthwhile.  I ran around a half million scenarios last night (with just a few mouse clicks) and found what looks like an improved pool of trends or groupings.  One that looks interesting is a group with 40 picks that has hit at 90% (36-4) on the season.  It's two picks for this weekend are Mich +3 and Houston +16.  Before you put too much weight on it, last week, a trend that had gone 20-0 beforehand went 1-2 on the weekend.  Still, it makes me feel better about those two plays.

McKdaddy

Adding....

Ore St  +14, 1u
Sips  +3.5, 2u
USC  +4.5, 1u
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

widespreadsooie

Picks I like for Sat.

BC -7.5 ***
S. Bama +7.5 **
UMASS +7 **
Bama -23.5 **
AUB -3.5 *
ORE -27.5 *

nughaud

November 15, 2013, 05:42:37 pm #5608 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:13:15 pm by nughaud
Quote from: DadVader1 on November 15, 2013, 12:17:34 pm
I'm still tinkering with adding VBA code to Excel macros to run loops to test large numbers of different scenarios and trying to figure out which results are worthwhile.  I ran around a half million scenarios last night (with just a few mouse clicks) and found what looks like an improved pool of trends or groupings.  One that looks interesting is a group with 40 picks that has hit at 90% (36-4) on the season.  It's two picks for this weekend are Mich +3 and Houston +16.  Before you put too much weight on it, last week, a trend that had gone 20-0 beforehand went 1-2 on the weekend.  Still, it makes me feel better about those two plays.

You have to like Houston against an above avg Louisville team. This plays similar to the UCF game UL lost. Line is now +17.
This is a team that could beat UL, just hate that it's at home, but then again it would be closer to +13 or +13.5 if it was a home game for UH.

All the projections I use show Michigan winning or that it's closer to a pick'em, which puts the play on Michigan +3.

nughaud

November 15, 2013, 05:47:49 pm #5609 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:19:27 pm by nughaud
Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 15, 2013, 07:12:31 am
Gotcha.  I don't do much online, but will keep that in mind.

I'm looking forward to online poker being legal here again.

I'm just the opposite. All of my plays are online.  It's always nice to start the year with a matching FP or cash bonus equal to your deposit. BM consistently has the best lines, and it seems for dogs, SB has 1/2 advantage more often than not. It's nice to be able to search across all books, although it takes time and $ of course, but sometimes you can see as much as a 2 point spread on certain games (rare). Usually it's no more than 1.5, but we know how much that 1/2 pt makes, especially when moving off the key #s and 1/2 pt is easily available when you have more books at your disposal. 

A live example as of right now 6:15pm CST. Vanderbilt -11 @ BM and -13 @ SB dot com.

nughaud

DadVader1

Thanks Nug!  I eventually need to move some $ from my bookmaker account back to 5Dimes and possibly open one more.  I'm probably also going to take a friend up on his offer of an introduction to a local source, in hopes that the local lines might move at a different pace than the online/offshore ones.  I like the idea of getting to shop around for the best lines after you make your final cuts.

nughaud

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 15, 2013, 07:16:53 pm
Thanks Nug!  I eventually need to move some $ from my bookmaker account back to 5Dimes and possibly open one more.  I'm probably also going to take a friend up on his offer of an introduction to a local source, in hopes that the local lines might move at a different pace than the online/offshore ones.  I like the idea of getting to shop around for the best lines after you make your final cuts.

Yep, I've never had to deal with anyone locally. I'm sure it has it's up and downs, which I'd rather not have to deal with. I know online is not 100%, but you have to pick and choose.

The one thing I say that puts Heritage above others in one regard is the ability to parlay college/nfl and then you can buy pts up or down  on a team within the parlay or choose ML.  I'm talking 7-13.5 points, not the normal .5/1. I know there are probably other books you can do that at, but I don't have them in my roll.

Like I said before, the biggest benefit I see, is the initial reload for football. I received numerous 50-100% reloads, which is fantastic. I doubt you can get that with a local, but maybe you get better juice.  Plus some books allow you to pick a lower juice as a benefit instead of a bonus, which some people enjoy more. Another aspect is you have to manage your roll across all books. Sometimes you might take slightly higher juice, just so you don't get your balance too low in a book.

Now, let's get this west coast football game on. I just need something to watch. Tired of watching FS1/ESPN.

Quote from: nughaud on November 15, 2013, 05:47:49 pm
I'm just the opposite. All of my plays are online.  It's always nice to start the year with a matching FP or cash bonus equal to your deposit. BM consistently has the best lines, and it seems for dogs, SB has 1/2 advantage more often than not. It's nice to be able to search across all books, although it takes time and $ of course, but sometimes you can see as much as a 2 point spread on certain games (rare). Usually it's no more than 1.5, but we know how much that 1/2 pt makes, especially when moving off the key #s and 1/2 pt is easily available when you have more books at your disposal. 

A live example as of right now 6:15pm CST. Vanderbilt -11 @ BM and -13 @ SB dot com.

Totally makes sense for some , but simply doesn't work well for me.  I have list thousands with online sites because the either vanished or were shut down.  Locally be it here or another state I get paid in full every Wednesday .  Don't have to worry about lag times.

Online when they take your deposit it's immediate. Your payout rarely so.
Let's make some waves.

nughaud

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 15, 2013, 08:54:34 pm
Totally makes sense for some , but simply doesn't work well for me.  I have list thousands with online sites because the either vanished or were shut down.  Locally be it here or another state I get paid in full every Wednesday .  Don't have to worry about lag times.

Online when they take your deposit it's immediate. Your payout rarely so.

Yep, I agree... I will say that the online nature of wagering is maturing, especially with the belief that one day it will be more regulated and of course "Taxed" in the USA. When that day will come though who knows. The payouts are a downside, I totally agree.

Wow I thought that Huskies pick last night was an easy winner.  Unfortunately when the starting QB gets knocked out it generally spells trouble.

Gotta give them credit though. They hung in. One more TD would have given me the cover there.  Oh well. 

Good luck to everyone today.
Let's make some waves.

jkstock04

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 16, 2013, 06:34:35 am
Wow I thought that Huskies pick last night was an easy winner.  Unfortunately when the starting QB gets knocked out it generally spells trouble.

Gotta give them credit though. They hung in. One more TD would have given me the cover there.  Oh well. 

Good luck to everyone today.
I had that one on my ticket last night as well...4 unit bet. Ya when the qb got knocked out I knew I was screwed.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 16, 2013, 07:28:26 am
I had that one on my ticket last night as well...4 unit bet. Ya when the qb got knocked out I knew I was screwed.

We had 8 minutes in the fourth for them to score one more TD and give us the back door cover, but oh well.
Let's make some waves.

Pitt pickem / 3 units
Michigan +3.5 / 3 units
Already posted canes as a dime play
San Diego St -4 / 3 units
Colorado st -6 / 3 units
Bama -23.5 / 5 units
Illinois +34 / 5 units
Purdue +21.5 / 3 units
Auburn -3 / 3 units
Mich St -6 / 5 units.
South Carolina -12 / 5 units

Huge card for me today!

Let's make some waves.

Looks like I went full retard taking Illinois !
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Illinois +28.5 in game line  1*
Illini va OSU under 84.5   1*
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

SC -14  3*
Miss St +24  1*
Houston +17  2*
Duke +4  1*
TT v Baylor o84  1*
Cuse +37  1*

nughaud

November 16, 2013, 02:35:09 pm #5622 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:34:19 pm by nughaud
Updates from picks posted earlier:

(W) Central Michigan -2.5 @ Western Michigan [Final Score 27-22]
Stanford -4 @ USC (Line opened at -3 and is now at -4, I can see this line continuing to move maybe to -5.5) (Line is now -3.5)
N.C. State +7.5 @ Boston College (Remember Brandon Mitchell, well he's been back for a few games and they are a better team)
Houston +16 @ Louisville. (Line should come back down, but could hit +16.5 first. +17 would be a gift) (Line is +17 Now)
(W) Vanderbilt -12.5 vs Kentucky (Vandy is a much better team and this line should be closer to -17) [Final Score 22-6]

Adding: (Auburn game 30 minutes before game)
Auburn -3 vs Georgia (Gotta believe the Tigers are for real. Should be a high scoring affair.)
Detroit Lions @ Pittsburgh -2.5 (D-Line, and offensive too much for Pitt, who has no defensive line to pressure the QB, and let's not forget Reggie Bush)

Updated with Vanderbilt and Central Michigan game.

WILL CLINTON

Added

Oregon -30  1*
Cal +1.5  1*
Georgia +5.5  (in-game line so no buying the hook...arghhh)  2*

WILL CLINTON

Just got these

Georgia +12.5  1*
Syracuse +52.5  1*
Syracuse +56.5  1*

nughaud

WILL CLINTON

WILL CLINTON

You would think I would learn betting against FSU and these HUGE ASS spreads. Can't believe I'm going to lose a +56.5, and a +52.5 bet. WOW.

WILL CLINTON

November 16, 2013, 05:00:30 pm #5628 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:48:39 pm by WILL CLINTON
Already some L's

Syracuse +52.5  1*
Cuse +37  1*
Illini va OSU under 84.5   1*

2-3 thanks to that FG in the 4th from Syracuse, with 9 left. oy vey..

WILL CLINTON

nughaud

Wow, that Auburn game was insane. 3-0 so far. =) lol

nughaud

November 16, 2013, 06:44:34 pm #5631 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:19:24 am by nughaud
Quote from: nughaud on November 16, 2013, 02:35:09 pm
Updates from picks posted earlier:

(W) Central Michigan -2.5 @ Western Michigan [Final Score 27-22]
(L) Stanford -4 @ USC (Line opened at -3 and is now at -4, I can see this line continuing to move maybe to -5.5) (Line is now -3.5)
(L) N.C. State +7.5 @ Boston College (Remember Brandon Mitchell, well he's been back for a few games and they are a better team)  [Final Score 38-21]
(W) Houston +16 @ Louisville. (Line should come back down, but could hit +16.5 first. +17 would be a gift) (Line is +17 Now)
(W) Vanderbilt -12.5 vs Kentucky (Vandy is a much better team and this line should be closer to -17) [Final Score 22-6]

Adding: (Auburn game 30 minutes before game)
(W) Auburn -3 vs Georgia (Gotta believe the Tigers are for real. Should be a high scoring affair.) [Final Score 43-38]
Detroit Lions @ Pittsburgh -2.5 (D-Line, and offensive too much for Pitt, who has no defensive line to pressure the QB, and let's not forget Reggie Bush)

Updated with Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, Auburn, NC St Game, Houston and Stanford.

That Auburn game was... WOW and the ending of the UCF game was the same. One handed catch to tie it up, then another 70 yard or so pass after the stop to kick a FG for the win.

WILL CLINTON

glad I waited on the Georgia in game line instead of taking +3.

Just added in game lines of

SC -7.5  1*
SC -9.5  1*
Baylor -13.5  1*

May have just screwed myself with SC. Clowney and the 2nd team DE goes out on back to back plays...Wonder how much Clowney has on the game?

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

hollywood hog

Talk about an Alabama boning. That shoulda been a typical 42-0 bama win

DadVader1

Very good weekend!  One of these days, I'm going to learn to get out of my own way and quit dragging my record down with random crap.  I went 5-0 on my picks and 6-0 on my 2-team parlays, but tailing those two trends turned a personal record weekend into "just" a very good one.  No complaints.  I went 6-3 ATS for +20 units (before juice) and 6-0 on parlays for +19.25 units (after juice) for a +39.25 unit weekend.  That puts me at 55-33-3 (62.5%) ATS and 35-16 (69%) on parlays for +101.65 units on the season.  I've more than tripled my bankroll so far this season, so I'm going to make an "accounting adjustment" and double my unit size.  With that adjustment, that means I'll be up +50.8 units on the season (101.65/2).  I actually made that adjustment to my plays a few weeks back but haven't and won't claim credit for those increased winnings in my posted record.

Here's how it played out:

FAU -16.5 @ S. Miss  5 units   W
Houston +15.5 @ Louisville  5 units  W
Mich +3 @ Northwestern  5 units   W
Colo St. -6.5 @ N. Mex  5 units   W
Ark St. -6.5 v. TX St.  5 units   W

I added the following to tail the rest of the picks in the two trends mentioned above:

W. VA -6.5 @ Kan  2.5 units  L
Stanford -3 @ USC  2.5 units   L
Purdue +21.5 @ Penn St.  2.5 units   L
C. Mich -3 @ W. Mich  2.5 units   W

To wrap it up, I did 2-team parlays for a total of 7.5 units boxing:
Houston +15.5   W
Mich +3   W
FAU -16.5   W
Colo St. -6.5   W

Spikes

Atl + 1   3 units

Bills +2    1 unit   

Will post lasy play around 2:30

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Actual do not see one game I like today. May be a good thing.
Let's make some waves.

nughaud

It's amazing how fast the Falcons have fallen off the cliff.
This will end up being a 2+ hour delay for the Bears game.. fun lol.
The wind up north is messing with numerous teams besides the Bears/Ravens.

Oliver

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 17, 2013, 11:16:19 am
Actual do not see one game I like today. May be a good thing.

NO (-3) or whatever it's at now is free money

nughaud

Quote from: Oliver on November 17, 2013, 01:48:30 pm
NO (-3) or whatever it's at now is free money

You'd think... Saints are $ @ home and CK, hasn't thrown for more than 200 yards since the 1st game of the year when he went over 400 against the Packers.  If the Saints can stop the run game, they should win. I know the Superdome will be a rockin!

Line is -3.5 (+102) or -3 (-120)

Oliver

Quote from: nughaud on November 17, 2013, 02:00:46 pm
You'd think... Saints are $ @ home and CK, hasn't thrown for more than 200 yards since the 1st game of the year when he went over 400 against the Packers.  If the Saints can stop the run game, they should win. I know the Superdome will be a rockin!

Niners secondary sucks.  Krapernick can only stare down his first option, Vernon Davis.  Saints defense is better this year so that won't matter.  Greg Roman will probably try to get cute with the read option again.  Brees will have a field day.  Saints by 2TDs and maybe more

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

WILL CLINTON

Miami +3
Miami v San Diego under
San Fran +3.5
San Fran v NO under
NY -4
Minny +12
Minny v Seattle under

widespreadsooie

Hogs +2 this coming Saturday. We win straight up. Easy cash.

WILL CLINTON

Overall, not a great week, but I've had wayyyy worse, even this year. Down from 39 picks to only 26 this week.

Ohio over 52.5  1*  L -$24
Buffalo +9.5 (another in-game line that I couldn't buy a hook on)  1*  L -$24
Buffalo +4.5  1*  L -$24
Bowling Green -9.5  1*  W +$22
Ball St +9  1*  L -$24
Ball St v NIU under 73.5  1*   L -$24
Miami Ohio +18.5  1*  W +$22
Miami Ohio v Kent St under 48.5  1*  W +$22
Illinois +28.5 in game line  1*  W +$22
Illini va OSU under 84.5   1*  L -$24
SC -14  3*  L -$98
Miss St +24  1*  W +$22
Houston +17  2*  W +$45
Duke +4  1*  W +$22
TT v Baylor o84  1*  W +$22
Cuse +37  1*  L -$24
Oregon -30  1*  L -$24
Cal +1.5  1*  L -$24
Georgia +5.5  (in-game line so no buying the hook...arghhh)  2*  W +$45
Georgia +12.5  1*  W +$22
Syracuse +52.5  1*  L -$24
Syracuse +56.5  1*  W +$22
SC -7.5  1*  L -$24
SC -9.5  1*  L -$24
Baylor -13.5  1*  W +$22
Mich St +12.5 in game  1*  W +$22

Weely Record:
13-13  50%  -$51

Overall Record:
90-97-7 (48%)  $398  -89% ROI

Bellhog63

Denver in a blow out tonight. Plus the over will be a good get. 45-24
Call  it like you see it but respect others opinions!