Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warrior Whiskey

Started by Boarcephus, March 23, 2018, 03:03:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Prior to Trump's State of the Union address, they interviewed Sarah Sanders in her office and I noticed a bottle of Warrior Whiskey on a shelf.  Thought it was a neat looking bottle and after a little research found out that 2 ex-Navy SEALs founded a distillery in Colorado.  They developed this product with a portion of the proceeds from the sale of it going towards helping out wounded, vetted vets.  I liked the bottle, the cause and the story so I managed to come up with one and friends, with this product being sold only in Colorado it took some doing but I got it! 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HawgWild

Crack the seal and give us a report.

Boarcephus

Quote from: HawgWild on March 26, 2018, 12:59:12 pm
Crack the seal and give us a report.

Finally broke down and tried it and it's not bad.  It's not a sipping whiskey like the Crown Salted Caramel but it's pretty good when mixed with coke. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Good review, Coke and 7 up helps a lot of hard liquor.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 19, 2018, 03:15:52 pm

One more thing, it's 100 proof in and you can certainly tell the difference between that and 80 proof.   😄

HawgWild

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 19, 2018, 03:15:52 pm

I bartended back in the day. Had a customer that always ordered "Chivas & Coke". Never understood that.

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on April 21, 2018, 12:15:08 pm
I bartended back in the day. Had a customer that always ordered "Chivas & Coke". Never understood that.

Water, ice, or neat, no sense masking the taste/flavor.

HawgWild

Quote from: ricepig on May 03, 2018, 02:57:17 pm
Water, ice, or neat, no sense masking the taste/flavor.

Me neither. I never understood why someone would select top shelf liquors and mix with coke, fruit juice or anything for that matter. (Maybe a splash of club soda.)

We were up in Cape Breton Island a few years go and our host had a week long single malt tasting event. He called adding a splash of water "tears of the sober".