Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 3 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (2-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-2, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 17, 2018, 07:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Madigan runs the count full, and he grounds one right at 1B which is booted by Lee into foul territory.  Bolden makes a nice stretch at 1B for a 1-3 putout.  Runner on 2B with 1 out.

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 5th                   2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  7  | 0  | 6   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Cole goes to 2B on a balk as the P did not come to a full stop before going home.

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 01:39:35 pm
But why let a pitch you can drive go by and take a strike?  I like the aggressive in the zone mentality especially if it is something you can drive out of the park.  Koch had something that he could have driven into the gap and cleared the bases.  Unfortunately, he just hit it on the ground for a double play.

Not with 1 out.....when all you need is a fly ball. To me, it's like jacking a 3 with 20 seconds on the shot clock. It was a scoring g opportunity, but it was way more than that. It was a blow it open chance and we missed it because he swung away at the first pitch..In my opinion, it's not smart baseball.....but, that's just my opinion on it. I can see your point also.

ucahogfan

Bonfield flies out to right, but Cole advances to 3B with 1 out.  Productive out by Bonfield.

ucahogfan

Kjerstad lines out to SS as Johnson makes a nice sliding grab.  It was a 3-0 pitch.

SPAL

SPAL

This is baseball.....we are hitting it on the screws but nothing to show for it.

ucahogfan

Lee runs the count full, and he draws a 2 out walk to put runners on the corners with 2 outs for Koch.

ucahogfan

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 6th                   2

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  8  | 1  | 8   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2018, 01:52:51 pm
Not with 1 out.....when all you need is a fly ball. To me, it's like jacking a 3 with 20 seconds on the shot clock. It was a scoring g opportunity, but it was way more than that. It was a blow it open chance and we missed it because he swung away at the first pitch..In my opinion, it's not smart baseball.....but, that's just my opinion on it. I can see your point also.
I can see your point also, but it also depends on hitter.  For example, I could understand someone like Cole / Lee taking the first pitch, but Koch is our big power guy.

Of course, it took me a minute to figure out who in this stacked lineup would take a first pitch especially one that looked as good as the one to Koch did.

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Bell lines a single into RF.

Freshman RHP Jackson Rutledge begins throwing in the pen.

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 02:01:52 pm
I can see your point also, but it also depends on hitter.  For example, I could understand someone like Cole / Lee taking the first pitch, but Koch is our big power guy.

Of course, it took me a minute to figure out who in this stacked lineup would take a first pitch especially one that looked as good as the one to Koch did.

True. I guess you would think Koch could drive that one. I will say this, he wouldn't see a better pitch the rest of that bat.

ucahogfan

Korchak hits one about 150 feet in the air, but skies out to Lee on the INF grass.

ucahogfan

Birminghog

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 02:01:52 pm

How can this possibly be? Two guys having a civil disagreement on Hogville? Can you imagine this happening on some of the other fora?

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 6th                   2

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 0  | 4   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  8  | 1  | 8   

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Birminghog on February 18, 2018, 02:10:15 pm
How can this possibly be? Two guys having a civil disagreement on Hogville? Can you imagine this happening on some of the other fora?

Lol
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

Just home from church.  Someone tell me about McKinney's outing today.  Please.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

SPAL

Quote from: Birminghog on February 18, 2018, 02:10:15 pm
Right?.....amazing what mutual respect brings to a discussion. Even though UCA is wrong, I respect him....😂

dotnet

I want to be excited about the pitching but I feel like we have no clue after this weekend.

ucahogfan

SPAL

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 18, 2018, 02:11:49 pm

Looked good in the 1st. Had a real good feel for his change up. Had good location. Couldn't locate anything in the 2nd and walked a couple. Got bailed out by a phenomenal defense play from KillerStats

SPAL

Quote from: dotnet on February 18, 2018, 02:13:24 pm
I want to be excited about the pitching but I feel like we have no clue after this weekend.

You talking about starters? Cause bullpen has been brilliant.

ucahogfan

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

thebignasty

Sitting around 88, change up looked great, had a little trouble throwing strikes.  Went 2 innings, I believe.

Tony Perkis

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 7th                   2

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 0  | 4   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  8  | 1  | 8   

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2018, 02:07:11 pm
True. I guess you would think Koch could drive that one. I will say this, he wouldn't see a better pitch the rest of that bat.
Then why just watch it if he won't see a better pitch?

I'm just of the opinion to attack the ball in the zone especially if the hitter feels they can drive the ball.

ucahogfan

rljjr

Pudgepork

Keaton was a little below his best today.  Probably more mental worries than physical. 
Hit a pitch count near enough to the limit set for him so he pitched 2 innings

SPAL

ThisTeetsTaken

Thanks guys.  Hope McKinney is fully healed and just had some rust.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

rljjr

Always good to get a Bull Durham reference about your big 6'8" pitcher.

CJ HOG

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 02:16:58 pm
Now making his Hog debut is Freshmen RHP Jackson Rutledge.

99 is a big ole boy... Better not crowd the plate!

SPAL

SPAL