Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD Rom drive malfunctioning....

Started by GolfNut57, March 27, 2017, 02:29:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

On  my desktop computer the CD Rom drive keeps opening and closing all by itself. It has been doing this for a good while now and I have been pretty much able to ignore it in the past because it only did it occasionally. Lately it has gotten much worse though as it is doing it constantly and is now getting to be a real annoyance. I am about ready to just grab the thing the next time it opens up and break the damn tray off...... >:(

Any ideas what might be causing this hardware issue? When it first happened I thought it meant I had a virus but when I ran a scan nothing showed up.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hawgrunner

not having the latest firmware issue...

TomasPistola

Quote from: hawgrunner on March 30, 2017, 10:43:05 pm
not having the latest firmware issue...

Not likely. Could be the button itself is malfunctioning. Not knowing what the front of the computer looks like - but often times there's a button that is part of the front of the case that actually pushes the real button on the drive that ejects the disc. You could potentially be doing something in windows to eject it as well. But my bet is hardware issue around the button.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hawgrunner

TomasPistola

Quote from: hawgrunner on March 30, 2017, 11:57:13 pm
true... but possible.  8)

Agreed. That's why I said Not Likely instead of "You big dummy!" :)
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.