Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky Speedway sues NASCAR

Started by Buff, July 13, 2005, 07:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/official/07/13/bc.car.nascar.kentucky.ap/index.html

Kentucky has had good races in the Busch and Truck series, along with ARCA and others.  Why don't they deserve a second race?  Texas got one and it has single-file driving all the way around.  Answer: money, nothing else. 

maniax22bolts20

You know, we lost "THE ROCK" last year.

I think I saw where that track was given the ok to start selling tickets for a NASCAR event next May. Popular uproar may have reversed a stupid decision to cut them.

Buff

that was Darlington, the Rock is pretty much gone.  now we're getting stuck with too many too-similar style tracks (Atlanta, Texas, Charlotte, Chicago, Kansas, the new one being planned in Washington, California, Michigan).  NASCAR needs to have more tracks like Pocono or Martinsville or Bristol or anything to keep some variety in the races.

Doc Holiday

July 14, 2005, 12:13:17 pm #3 Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 03:08:52 pm by Doc Holiday
Nascar needs more races so they can race on more tracks....instead of 3 to 4 hour races why not a 50 to 100 lap race like the Winston....its the best race with everyone all out from the start....with these short races...they could do 2 a week. It could be called Friday night fights under the lights...

Buff

shorter races = less ad time = less income

Doc Holiday

pardon me Mr. President, if you loyal subject my speak and not angry thee, the ad time would be there because of haveing at least twice as many races. That also means races in different cities and states = more people watching

tophawg19

the cost of racing twice a week would be too much . for years they did run 2 or 3 times a week some on dirt but the demands on the drivers by sponsors to do promo . work through the week also makes this impossible . the fans wouldn't be able to travel to the races in large enough numbers to justify the 2 races especially the one during the week and it would cut down on the testing time and shop time for each team this would kill the 1 car teams .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins