Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pick em for Chicagoland.

Started by pioneerhog, July 09, 2005, 04:47:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

Well since 21Mann is slacking off this weekend and isn't starting a pickem thread I guess I will  ;D . So what is everyones predictions for this race?

hogsgrl09

hmmm. i aint sure yet.

i shall try and get bak closer 2 the race. i know right now im pickin stewart again and mark for sure so far.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

pioneerhog

I don't know that I am going to go with Stewart, after his wreck and all he is pretty sore.

hogsgrl09

ooo i didnt know he wrecked.

idk.....hes defending champ and won the last 2 races.but who knows.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

pioneerhog

pioneerhog

I figured you had something that you was haveing to do, but I waited for you for a while and then I decided to do it. But I will be looking forward to your Good, Bad and the uglyin the comeing days. well here are my picks......

1. Martin

2. Biffle

3. Kyle Busch

4. Newman

5. Edwards

And I am just going to add this one for 21      

6. Rudd

Rudd was good in the final 2 practices and if his car holds up and he stays out of the wrecks then he could easily finish in the top 10 if not top 5.

pioneerhog

I don't know how the 24 will do his practice speeds had him in 30th for the first practice, 24th in the second and 32nd in happy hour. I know that practice speeds are not indicators on who will win but when you are that poor in the practices it doesn't say a lot. It will come down on how his car reacts to the changes they make, they may be able to get the car tuned in and he finish in the top 10. Now Johnson did much better in practice, his worst was 18th in the final practice, so I figure he will be towards the front at the end.

Now Martin didn't qualify to good but like he said before Q-ing he isn't good at a qualifing package at this race but the race package is there expertise. Martin has continually moved up with his practice speeds, 12th in the first, 4 in the second and 2 in the final, so I look for him to be at the front when the checkered falls.

Rudd has also continually moved up. He was 24 in the first 11 in the second and 10 in the final, so if he can keep his run of luck going he should finish in the top 10. And yes 21 since we have started talking about Nascar on here I have found myself watching the 21.

All in all this race looks like it should be a good one, I hope there isn't a bunch of this BS with tires and drivers makeing stupid mistakes.

pioneerhog

I think it should be a good one but who knows. I will go out on a limb and say by lap 40-50 Martin will have lead a lap, with many more to come. This could be his race.

Buff

johnson - dont like him but he's on the pole and is good when he has the best car (duh)

biffle - strong on every type of track, the Roush handling will work out good here

harvick - still have faith in my guy, won first 2 races here

stewart - won last 2 races, plus defending winner of this one

gordon - can't ever count him out

hogsgrl09

i dont know. i was 2 lazy 4 this one. srry.

just saw edwards hit. thats 2 bad. but johnsons doin well.

hogsgrl09

lol. das 2 bad. its a ways through it now.

pioneerhog

I did not think JR would be able to win that one, man I am suprised. Hey 21 I was only one off on Rudd, he had a very good run. Martin didn't do as good as I figured he would have with the way his practice speeds where. I do think that Kenseth should have won that one, he got robbed. But I will wait for 21's "good,bad and the ugly" to do to much discussion on this one.

tophawg19

steve hmeil wasn't going to leave DEI down too long . i missed the gordon/bliss wreck what happened ? gordon is going to have to turn it around quick to make the chase . tire problems again my question is it the wrong compounds or miss made tires . goodyear needs some competition to force more quality control in building the tires and matching the tire compound to the track surface .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pioneerhog

I couldn't tell if Gordon went up the track and got into Bliss or if Bliss went down into Gordon. THe announcers and Gordon said that it was Bliss' fault but I expect that from them. It kinda looked to me like they kinda just met in the middle but I don't know.

tophawg19

bliss seems to be in a lot of wrecks . some of these drivers seem to stay into something every week .

hogsgrl09

i missed the end of the race. i was shocked when i got on nascar.com and saw a pick of JR. but hey!! thats good for my team! and stewart got 5th.  ;D lol. but it freakin sux bout newman. someon needs 2 fix them tires. their loads of crap.

and i am also satisfied bout mark. he could have done better. but darn....he could have done lots worse.

tophawg19

so your a happy litle munchkin LOL. stick with your team you have some contenders .

hogsgrl09

LOL. hehe yes i guess i shall.

tophawg19

09 how is things going . ready for school LOL.

hogsgrl09

July 12, 2005, 08:46:21 pm #19 Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 08:56:41 pm by hogsgrl09
its "how ARE things goin" .lol im jus messin with ya. and they were goin really good until u mentioned school. :P lol

how bout with u??

tophawg19

grrreeaattt . and it should have been how is thangs goin' . redneck you know  ;D not bored yet  ?
i figured by now you would be so bored you would be gladto see the bus . bet your mom will be glad to see the bus LOL . :D

hogsgrl09

haha. :D funny funny. i was jk...i talk like the biggest redneck and im proud! lol

i have 2 admit i am bored...but i just get on here and post or play in the arcade. but i will never b happy 2 c that stupid bus :puke:
and no my mommy luvs me and she dont want me 2 leave!! haha. im jp

tophawg19

add 1 boyfriend and you will leave us forever ;) then you will be glad to get to school .  :D enjoy this time of your life it's one of the best . after you get out of school the bills come and then reality  sets in . and for most of the rest of your life the bills keep coming so enjoy this time in your life .

hogsgrl09

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 14, 2005, 06:22:58 pm
add 1 boyfriend and you will leave us forever ;) then you will be glad to get to school . :D enjoy this time of your life it's one of the best . after you get out of school the bills come and then reality sets in . and for most of the rest of your life the bills keep coming so enjoy this time in your life .

naaaah....im 2 addicted. lol  ;)
and i shall take that piece of wisdom into consideration. thanks.  :D