Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Men's Senior/Adult Baseball League Opening Weekend in NWArkansas

Started by RazorDrummer, June 22, 2005, 09:11:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorDrummer

The NWAMSBL opened it's season this past weekend with a flurry of great games.  You can read highlights of each game on our website at http://www.nwamsbl.com/Standings.htm.  Come see a game.  You might see a few Razorback Baseball players joining us and a number of regional college talent as well as a number of us older players that can still compete.  Scores are as follows:

Bentonville Dodgers 3 Dubyas 5
Dubyas 4 Bentonville Dodgers 6
Siloam Springs Cardinals 5 NWACC Eagles 0
NWACC Eagles 3 Siloam Springs Cardinals 0
Lowell White Sox 7 Athletics 0
Athletics 0 Deers 10
Arkansas Braves 1 Pirates 3
Red Sox 4 Tigers 6
Tigers 3 Red Sox 9
Alma Diamond Dawgs 8 Ft. Smith Orioles 1
Ft. Smith Orioles 2 Alma Diamond Dawgs 11

www.oreoblue.com (My Band)
www.theuncrownedkings.com (My other band)
www.honeyjackband.com (the new band 2016)
www.nwamsbl.com (Play Baseball in NWArkansas)
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

RazorDrummer

Week of June 25-26:
Bentonville Dodgers 4 NWACC Eagles 7
NWACC Eagles 16  Bentonville Dodgers 9
Tigers 11  Arkansas Braves 4
Arkansas Braves 18  Tigers 12
Alma Diamond Dawgs 10 Pirates 6
Pirates 1  Alma Diamond Dawgs 6
Red Sox 5  Athletics 8
Siloam Springs Cardinals 1  Dubyas 2
Dubyas 13   Siloam Springs Cardinals 3
Lowell White Sox 8  Ft. Smith Orioles 3
Ft. Smith Orioles 2  Lowell White Sox 19

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

RazorDrummer

Played through HS and American Legion.  Was offered a number of baseball scholies to schools where I played HS ball in the north (South Dakota, Wyoming, Minnesota, etc--Air Force Brat) but didn't want to go to school up there.  By the time I enrolled at the U of Arkansas, I was so involved with other things (band, girls, fraternity, etc.), that I didn't bother to try and walk on to the baseball squad.  I probably regret it.  I was also told that major D1 athletics consume your life.  I will never know that personally, but my kid brother played fullback for the Hogs in 91-92 and he hated the cultural environment 

I started play in the NABA Baseball League in 1990, formed my own team after one year, and became league president after my third.  That league folded regionally, so I missed a year and joined the MSBL (bigger and better league anyway) in 1994.  I formed my own team after a year and have been going strong for 10 years.  I was elected league president after the 2002 season and still run my team (White Sox) and play second base.  I compiled my stats during this past off season and have a career .511 batting average over 10 years in the MSBL (about 70 at bats per year)....a league that in my team's division averages age 22 or so (I am 37).  And, a .927 fielding percentage.  Not too bad for an aging ball player that doesn't scoot around near like he used to.  Most of the kids in our league are either playing college ball or have played legion ball.  One of my catchers is on the current Hog roster and the other was called to an invite by the Minnesota Twins.  Most of my guys, though, are just really good former HS ball players that play team ball and hit well.  They love the game like I do.  And that makes it all worth while...

I also have coached Little League for 15 years.  Now coaching my 12-year-old son...He's got a gun and speed.
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

RazorDrummer

...funny story (I think):  Being a decent hitter can have its drawbacks when you are my age in a baseball league of young guys.  This past Sunday, I went 5 for 7 in a double header and scored 5 times.  That means, I had to run a total of 1800 feet (90ft base paths times 4 X 5)...which I think is like a third of a mile or so.  In metal spikes on hard dirt.  Yes, I am sore...  but the funny part is during one particular hit over the second baseman's head, I ran to first and figured the right fielder would make the play and throw to second.  I wasn't going anywhere.  Then, as I approached the bag I saw the fielder bobble the ball.  I thought, "Tie ball game.  I should take second."  As I rounded first, I realized that being 6'0" and 240lbs, I had ventured my turn all the way out to the edge of the grass (wide turn).  It was not unlike the movie The Titanic when the guy yells "Iceberg!  Dead ahead!"  and it took half the movie to get the boat almost turned.  Well...I did make a safe slide into second base and eventually scored after a passed ball and a wild pitch.  When I got back to the dugout filthy with dirt and sweat (needing oxygen), my players asked me why I took such a wide turn to second.  I replied, "the dirt was a little loose.  I needed to go get some traction out in the grass.  So shut up.  I was safe, right?"  I am still catching grief...
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

RazorDrummer

week three results

Red Sox L Bentonville Dodgers W
Pirates L Ft. Smith Orioles W
Ft. Smith Orioles W Pirates L
Lowell White Sox 4 Siloam Springs Cardinals 9
Siloam Springs Cardinals 7  Lowell White Sox 9
NWACC Eagles 1  Red Sox 3
Braves 5  NWACC Eagles 10
Braves 2 Athletics 13
Alma Diamond Dawgs 7  Tigers 0
Tigers PP Alma Diamond Dawgs PP
Deerz 3  Dubyas 2
Dubyas 2  Deerz 6

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.nwasox.com (My Team)