Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we don't play any defense,we will lose tonight.and we will keep losing

Started by forrest city joe, February 06, 2018, 01:03:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I don't care if we are at home or on the road.if the defense and hustle for loose balls does not change,the Hogs will lose again.i hope Mike put some guys on the bench.it seems some of them are ok with losing.and that is not good. im going to be watching guys tonight to see who going to Hustle and play defense.i will tell you what i see win or lose after the game.no excuse not to hustle on offense and defense.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hog golf

too many times it seems like its almost a race to see who can get the ball out of the net the quickest rather than who can defend a shot. maybe its just me but it looks like they cannot wait to play offense. almost like, well we gave up two, lets score 3
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

OkieBack

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 06, 2018, 01:03:25 pm
I don't care if we are at home or on the road.if the defense and hustle for loose balls does not change,the Hogs will lose again.i hope Mike put some guys on the bench.it seems some of them are ok with losing.and that is not good. im going to be watching guys tonight to see who going to Hustle and play defense.i will tell you what i see win or lose after the game.no excuse not to hustle on offense and defense.

Limit the press.  This team isn't deep enough to press all game long.  Concentrate on half court D and get your turnovers there.  And please, please, please guard beyond the arc.  Don't leave a hot shooter open for God's sake.  Offense needs to keep the motion going and get the underneath buckets.  Fundamentals.

elksnort

Joe might be right about some guys loafing on defense. But a guy could hustle his butt off on defense and still be in a bad position due to what kind of defense the coaching is asking him to play.

seasonhog

You are right Joe, the last game the players look like they did not want to win.....

forrest city joe

Quote from: hog golf on February 06, 2018, 01:14:19 pm
too many times it seems like its almost a race to see who can get the ball out of the net the quickest rather than who can defend a shot. maybe its just me but it looks like they cannot wait to play offense. almost like, well we gave up two, lets score 3
I agree. it that must change.and it must change starting tonight. you win with defense and rebounding. and that is Hustle more than anything.i hope mike will sit any player who does not get it.but them on the bench.

GoHogs1091

Yes, the players need to do their part in order to win games, but the Head Coach also has to do his part.

Anderson needs to start fixing the following issues by coaching and teaching fundamentals and by implementing a better system.

Rebounding
Perimeter defense
Better flow on offense (too much standing around and not enough passing the ball and not enough movement without the ball which is hurting the flow of the offense).

3of5-2

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 06, 2018, 02:21:29 pm
Yes, the players need to do their part in order to win games, but the Head Coach also has to do his part.

Anderson needs to start fixing the following issues by coaching and teaching fundamentals and by implementing a better system.

Rebounding
Perimeter defense
Better flow on offense (too much standing around and not enough passing the ball and not enough movement without the ball which is hurting the flow of the offense).
Do you really think after 6 1/2 years some magical light is going to come on for that to happen?

hogsanity

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 06, 2018, 02:21:29 pm

Rebounding
Perimeter defense

Problem is Mike has said he is not that concerned with rebounding because they will make up for it in turnovers. He has said they are going to give up alot of perimeter shots due to trapping and also trying to speed up the game.

In other words he knows these are issue and does not care since they are a by product of how he coaches.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Danny J

Quote from: elksnort on February 06, 2018, 01:27:11 pm
Joe might be right about some guys loafing on defense. But a guy could hustle his butt off on defense and still be in a bad position due to what kind of defense the coaching is asking him to play.
Yep...that's the problem.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogsanity on February 06, 2018, 02:39:29 pm
Problem is Mike has said he is not that concerned with rebounding because they will make up for it in turnovers. He has said they are going to give up alot of perimeter shots due to trapping and also trying to speed up the game.

In other words he knows these are issue and does not care since they are a by product of how he coaches.

Then, he will continue watching from his living room Coaches such as Tom Izzo, Jim Boeheim, Roy Williams, Coach K, Mark Few, and Bill Self while they are in Elite 8s and Final Fours.

bhogs05

If we lose tonight then we can kiss the tourney goodbye.  Hopefully Mike will have them ready to play and have them play some actual defense.

hogsanity

I can guarantee two things: 1. If the Hogs win, FCJ will be here talking about Mike Anderson and how great he is. 2. If the Hogs lose, FCJ will be here blaming the layers, or the refs, or the fans.

SemperHawg

Until our perimeter defenders can prove that they can switch off of a ball screen without A. getting lost or B. ending up in a terrible mismatch, then they need to just stick to that match up zone.

It allows guys like Gafford and Hall to exploit their length and it keeps us out of foul trouble.

Honestly my biggest gripe with Mike is his stubborn refusal to play more matchup zone.

Cargill A. BullHog

I think Coach A has had enough of the selfish play this season.  I expect to see a lot of hustle on defense, quick closeouts, and sequence passing on the offense end.  Hopefully we will quit settling for jump shots and attack the rim.  Remember, Coach A knows what this team needs, and Im sure he's told the players, but in the end the players have to execute.  We're going to win big tonight, I have a feeling.
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Danny J

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 06, 2018, 03:30:34 pm
Until our perimeter defenders can prove that they can switch off of a ball screen without A. getting lost or B. ending up in a terrible mismatch, then they need to just stick to that match up zone.

It allows guys like Gafford and Hall to exploit their length and it keeps us out of foul trouble.

Honestly my biggest gripe with Mike is his stubborn refusal to play more matchup zone.
This ^^^ solves 90% of the problems on defense

The OTR

Joe I for one can't wait for your post game excuses, nonsense, praise for Mike, and watching you bonk other's on the head who disagree with you or dare question Mike Anderson.  You couldn't take the criticism more personally if he was your son.

Letsroll1200

This is the worse defense I've seen. Heath and Pelphrey defense was better.

cardsNhogs

Well we are gonna give up 90 to South Carolina it looks like.. Luckily we have very talented guards that can go get buckets one on one and drive us to victory.

OkieBack

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 06, 2018, 06:49:55 pm
Well we are gonna give up 90 to South Carolina it looks like.. Luckily we have very talented guards that can go get buckets one on one and drive us to victory.

Good win at home.  I'm not going to gloat about it because you know, if you are a tournament-bound team then you should win games by 10-15 points at home.  SC doesn't have the worst record but they sure don't have the best.  Game over.  Hogs win.  Let's move on to the next one and see if we can't improve some more.  Little by little let's tighten the bolts on this team.

draftkings33

By Saturday we will be 17-7 and amazingly 80 percent of people on here want Mike fired

OkieBack

Quote from: draftkings33 on February 07, 2018, 10:40:41 am
By Saturday we will be 17-7 and amazingly 80 percent of people on here want Mike fired

Hey, cheer up l'il camper.  It will be alright.  Not everyone, including our basketball team, can be perfect every night.  We just don't have that kind of talent.  Come to think of it...no one in the SEC has that kind of talent.  But we can definitely get better.  Coach MA just gotta stick on their butts and keep em moving toward the right direction.