Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BJ Young signs with Rio Grande Valley Vipers

Started by -Blu, October 28, 2013, 02:31:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Wouldn't B.J. make more money playing in Europe than D league?

jry04

Quote from: mhuff on October 29, 2013, 11:57:20 am
More than likely, but grinding it out in the D league means you are able to be called up whenever if you are talented enough. Sign a contract in Europe and he isn't going to have a shot at the NBA this year. He has made it pretty clear it is NBA or bust for him. Unfortunately, unless he changes a lot it will be bust.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: mhuff on October 29, 2013, 11:57:20 am
Yes but for a guy like him that has a pretty good chance of being signed by a team it is the best choice
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

scruf

Smithian

Quote from: scruf on October 29, 2013, 02:52:13 pm
Least favorite Hog of all-time.
Someone find this guy a clip of his late game shots and more importantly his take down of Archie Goodwin!

BJ Young was not perfect. No player is. Still, he was a highly regarded young man who chose to be an Arkansas Razorback.

HawgAdvocate

Do you forget Dontell Jefferson, Gary Ervin, Stefan Welsh, and/or Courtney Fortson so easily?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

1highhog

Wow!  What else can I say?  You must just got on the bus or something if BJ is your least favorite player, there have been players that have come through, play a year, blast the school or Coach, and leave.  BJ stayed his required time and is trying to fulfill his dream, what's wrong with that?

Hawg Red

Why are people trying to argue/convince otherwise someone of their opinion on who their least favorite player is?

scruf

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 29, 2013, 03:29:33 pm
Why are people trying to argue/convince otherwise someone of their opinion on who their least favorite player is?

Thanks.

scruf

Quote from: Smithian on October 29, 2013, 03:14:14 pm
Someone find this guy a clip of his late game shots and more importantly his take down of Archie Goodwin!

BJ Young was not perfect. No player is. Still, he was a highly regarded young man who chose to be an Arkansas Razorback.

I didn't say/imply worst, I said "least favorite."

scruf

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2013, 03:23:18 pm
Wow!  What else can I say?  You must just got on the bus or something if BJ is your least favorite player, there have been players that have come through, play a year, blast the school or Coach, and leave.  BJ stayed his required time and is trying to fulfill his dream, what's wrong with that?

Been watching since '87.

HawgAdvocate

Just hoping it wasn't a knee-jerk response. Regardless, we're all entitled to our own beliefs.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

1highhog

October 29, 2013, 05:37:11 pm #13 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:13:36 pm by 1highhog
Quote from: scruf on October 29, 2013, 03:52:25 pm
Been watching since '87.

So a newbie.  Your entitled to your own opinion, as am I, but you posted it on a message board so don't get upset if someone thinks there are at least a 100 other players with worse stats and egos than BJ.

1highhog

It's a message board, that's what happens on a message board.  Other people have different opinions so they're going to call you out sometimes.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2013, 05:38:41 pm
It's a message board, that's what happens on a message board.  Other people have different opinions so they're going to call you out sometimes.

Just seems futile. You aren't him. You don't know what his qualifications for dislike are.

Truth be told, B.J. is better than a lot of guys who have put on a Hog uniform, but I didn't like his attitude or commitment. So, I can see why he wouldn't endear himself to some fans. If the guy said Corliss Williamson or Corey Beck was his least favorite Razorback of all-time, I might understand questioning him. B.J. Young? Pretty obvious to me.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

arkjay19

October 30, 2013, 12:39:01 pm #17 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:09:09 pm by arkjay19
Quote from: Smithian on October 29, 2013, 03:14:14 pmSomeone find this guy a clip of his late game shots and more importantly his take down of Archie Goodwin!

Part of your evidence to endear Young to Arkansas fans is a clip of him pulling down an Arkansas native?  I know a lot of people lost their everlovin' minds when Goodwin went to Kentuckyl, but a lot of people were more reasonable.

Fortson was a jerk too, but I haven't seen many Arkansas players be more selfish and have more unfulfilled potential than Young.  He's not my least favorite Hog ever, but it's pretty easy why he would be to a lot of people.

1highhog

Quote from: arkjay19 on October 30, 2013, 12:39:01 pm
Part of your evidence to endear Young to Arkansas fans is a clip of him pulling down an Arkansas native?  I know a lot of people lost their everlovin' minds when Goodwin went to Kentuckyl, but a lot of people were more reasonable.

Fortson was a jerk too, but I haven't seen many Arkansas players be more selfish and have more unfilled potential than Young.  He's not my least favorite Hog ever, but it's pretty easy why he would be to a lot of people.

Lol, yeah, I can see your point about BJ when comparing him to other Razorbacks of times past that to many fans were sour.  But many of those ones that were less than agreeable to me and others were here actually to long, they stayed their full 4 years, BJ was just a Sophomore when he left, so he had two full years left to mature, same can't be said for others.

scruf

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2013, 05:37:11 pm
So a newbie.  Your entitled to your own opinion, as am I, but you posted it on a message board so don't get upset if someone thinks there are at least a 100 other players with worse stats and egos than BJ.

I wasn't born in '87, that's when I started watching. I've been watching the team very closely for 26 years, since I was a teenager, and I'm a newbie? Ok. I was invited to walk-on in 1995. Am I still a newbie? I've been around the program for a minute.

1highhog

Quote from: scruf on October 30, 2013, 05:10:29 pm
I wasn't born in '87, that's when I started watching. I've been watching the team very closely for 26 years, since I was a teenager, and I'm a newbie? Ok. I was invited to walk-on in 1995. Am I still a newbie? I've been around the program for a minute.

Lol, no man, I knew what you meant the first time, I knew you meant that you started watching in 87, that's why I said you were a newbie, a young fella in others words, I'm old as dirt man, I started watching in the late 60's, but I was just jerking your chain anyway, no ill will meant.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 29, 2013, 03:21:46 pm
Do you forget Dontell Jefferson, Gary Ervin, Stefan Welsh, and/or Courtney Fortson so easily?

Welsh is definitely my least favorite.  I always prayed when he went to the free throw line he'd make 1-2.  He also would never make the extra pass to an open shooter.

Hawg Red

B.J. Young is on my short list of least favorite Hogs. Welsh is probably #1 right now, though I thought he played a lot better as a senior.