Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New AC article

Started by HogZombie, July 11, 2016, 06:19:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogZombie

Rison Razor Hog

And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

HogZombie

Make sure you listen to interview if you can. They give Arkansas lots of credit for what they do with their offense.

Hog N Bama

Hope Alex shows out :razorback:

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: HogZombie on July 11, 2016, 06:25:23 pm
Make sure you listen to interview if you can. They give Arkansas lots of credit for what they do with their offense.

From the interview, they seem to think he makes the roster and is getting regular PT, not just bench-warming/practice team. I don't know who they are to evaluate their credibility with the Seattle area sports stuff, but coupled with their "pull quotes" audio bites from their show, Alex is looking pretty good. I reckon the only drawback is his fumbling issue. If that winds up being a non-issue after all, they're pretty high on him. Looks like another Hog done good!
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

JIHawg

My favorite quote:  "Huard noted something working in Collins' favor, which is that he comes from a complex rushing scheme at Arkansas and therefore should be able to handle anything the Seahawks throw at him."

Pigsknuckles

Fan responses positive, but guarded. Some hung up on the fifth round selection, and combine performance. All expecting AC to do well, but there will be competition, and he will have to earn a spot. Must not put the ball on the ground.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogs run wild

Said his pass pro is a strength. Along with vision and footwork. Fumbles were a concern. Also said that he was 3rd or 4th string. I just can't imagine him not playing in the league. He's was our best RB since Dmac. I hope he shows out during camp and during preseason games.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

KlubhouseKonnected

If for some reason they don't find a home for him on the active roster there is pretty much zero chance he clears waivers without being snatched up by another team that will put him on a roster. (In my humble opinion)
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Justagp

Thank you for posting - I enjoyed listening to the interview. It sounds like great things will come to be for Alex if he can hang onto that ball.  :D

longpig

AC's laid back demeanor will make him a rock star with Seahawk fans.  It's a perfect match.
Don't be scared, be smart.

WizardofhOgZ

July 13, 2016, 07:40:28 pm #11 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:52:42 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 12, 2016, 08:02:41 am
Fan responses positive, but guarded. Some hung up on the fifth round selection, and combine performance.

Reminds me of the moron Star gazers . . . now, I know not all star gazers are morons . . . but I'm talking about those idiots that the first thing they do after any commitment of anything less than a 4 star is to question the wisdom of recruiting/accepting the commitment of someone who is "only" a 3 star or whatever.  I get the macro argument, but one an individual basis the variance is SO great . . . if Walter Payton committed and was a 2 or 3 star, there would be dozens of lemmings that would only bemoan his low star status. 

My point being you can look at the round a player was drafted in, or some combine numbers and make judgements that are way off base.  If you look at Alex Collins for 30+ games vs. SEC competition, THEN you can make an accurate assessment.  I'll bet most of those clowns dissing him have never seen him play an entire game, let alone several of his games.  They are SOLELY going off of round and a few "meh" combine numbers.  Wonder how they would have felt about Emmitt Smith, whose combine numbers were very comparable to AC's?  I'm not saying AC is the next Emmitt, but I am saying if ALL you look at are combine numbers, you couldn't tell much difference in them.

Bottom line - his legacy (or lack thereof) will be made on the field . . . not in the minds of idiot "fans".

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 13, 2016, 07:40:28 pm
Reminds me of the moron Star gazers . . . now, I know not all star gazers are morons . . . but I'm talking about those idiots that the first thing they do after any commitment of anything less than a 4 star is to question the wisdom of recruiting/accepting the commitment of someone who is "only" a 3 star or whatever.  I get the macro argument, but one an individual basis the variance is SO great . . . if Walter Payton committed and was a 2 or 3 star, there would be dozens of lemmings that would only bemoan his low star status. 

My point being you can look at the round a player was drafted in, or some combine numbers and make judgements that are way off base.  If you look at Alex Collins for 30+ games vs. SEC competition, THEN you can make an accurate assessment.  I'll bet most of those clowns dissing him have never seen him play an entire game, let alone several of his games.  They are SOLELY going off of round and a few "meh" combine numbers.  Wonder how they would have felt about Emmitt Smith, whose combine numbers were very comparable to AC's?  I'm not saying AC is the next Emmitt, but I am saying if ALL you look at are combine numbers, you couldn't tell much difference in them.

Bottom line - his legacy (or lack thereof) will be made on the field . . . not in the minds of idiot "fans".

Meh, people have opinions, stop the circus!

longpig

July 13, 2016, 07:55:04 pm #13 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:31:03 pm by longpig
Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 13, 2016, 07:40:28 pm

It's not % chance of a bust in Canton.  ;D

dhizzle

I would like to see the number of fumbles AC has vs other running backs that came out.

longpig

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

longpig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 13, 2016, 10:39:20 pm

Arrgh...just had a Joe Adams flashback.

He's doing alright or we'd heard something.