Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs picked to finish 6th in the West by this media poll

Started by Karma, July 11, 2016, 10:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperHawg

Seems like everyone  thinks about what we already know.  Bama and LSU then throw everyone else up in the air and see where they hell they might land. We could finish 3rd or Last in the west and neither would surprise me.

Razorbackers

This is truly Tennessee's year on paper. They've recruited better than anyone in the east (on paper) and their main division competitors are with new coaches or have lost key starters. Tennessee has the most underrated RB in the conference in Hurd, a returning starter at QB, and most of their best players are back on both sides of the ball.

If the Vols DON'T win the East this year, then they may never win it again. (Hyperbole, but still...)

When it comes to the Hogs, seems fairly reasonable. I'm not buying Auburn as anything special, and A&M had a tumultuous off season. But we're replacing a lot of top tier talent on offense, and our defense was bad last year. The good news is, I think we can prove some people wrong. The bad news is, this is the SEC west, and there isn't any room for error.

Quote from: Razorbackers on July 11, 2016, 10:17:08 am
This is truly Tennessee's year on paper. They've recruited better than anyone in the east (on paper) and their main division competitors are with new coaches or have lost key starters. Tennessee has the most underrated RB in the conference in Hurd, a returning starter at QB, and most of their best players are back on both sides of the ball.

If the Vols DON'T win the East this year, then they may never win it again. (Hyperbole, but still...)

When it comes to the Hogs, seems fairly reasonable. I'm not buying Auburn as anything special, and A&M had a tumultuous off season. But we're replacing a lot of top tier talent on offense, and our defense was bad last year. The good news is, I think we can prove some people wrong. The bad news is, this is the SEC west, and there isn't any room for error.
Exactly.  We can win some games and move up for sure, but at the same time, the team picked in last has beaten us 4 years in a row.

RedyorNot

Don't the coaches vote at SEC media days this week? I'll be interested to see their thoughts. I saw Westgate Superbook has us at 30-1 to win the SEC championship which is 5th in the West, 8th overall

hogcard1964

Not worried.  I think there's almost a zero percent chance that we finish in dead last.  I still believe this could be a magical season. 

GuvHog

Quote from: SemperHawg on July 11, 2016, 10:15:33 am
Seems like everyone  thinks about what we already know.  Bama and LSU then throw everyone else up in the air and see where they hell they might land. We could finish 3rd or Last in the west and neither would surprise me.

i wouldn't be at all surprised if the Hogs finish 3rd or 4th but I would be very surprised if they finish last in the SEC West.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

A good football team is likely to finish 5th-6th in this division.

2015:
West Division
#1 Alabama  7 – 1         14 – 1   
#10 Ole Miss   6 – 2         10 – 3   
Arkansas   5 – 3         8 – 5   
#16 LSU   5 – 3         9 – 3   
Texas A&M   4 – 4         8 – 5   
Mississippi State   4 – 4         9 – 4   
Auburn   2 – 6         7 – 6
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorbackers on July 11, 2016, 10:17:08 am

Their season will be decided from Sept 24th to Oct 15th.  Have to break the losing streak to Florida.  The A&M game could be tricky on the road between at UGa and Bama. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 11, 2016, 10:45:14 am
Not worried.  I think there's almost a zero percent chance that we finish in dead last.  I still believe this could be a magical season. 

I'm doubtful about magical, but I believe we are way undervalued right now.  I think we're gonna hurt some folks.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

wholehog92

Is everyone assuming Brandon Harris is going to turn into an amazing QB to get people to quit focusing on Fornette?

A & M is only returning 6 starters on their offense and who cares who they return off of that D.

Auburn was turrubul last year and until they show me they are better, I don't believe it.

Ol miss has 4 back on O and 5 on D.  No way to know what they will look like.

I have no idea how these guys make picks like this.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 11, 2016, 10:55:59 am
We finish no lower than 3rd this year.

Fourth is my floor. Any lower than that and I would be surprised.

GuvHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 11, 2016, 10:59:54 am
Is everyone assuming Brandon Harris is going to turn into an amazing QB to get people to quit focusing on Fornette?

A & M is only returning 6 starters on their offense and who cares who they return off of that D.

Auburn was turrubul last year and until they show me they are better, I don't believe it.

A&M returns almost every starter on defense just like the Hogs so be careful about selling them short.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

I would be surprised if the Hogs won the division or finished 2nd or failed to make a bowl.  Mildly surprised to finish 3rd or 7th. 

Interesting every 3 seasons pattern with AU that puts them due to for another big season. 
2004 13-0 finished ranked #2
2007 9-4 finished ranked 14/15
2010 NC
2013 Lost NC to FSU
Hopefully the pattern is broken.

wholehog92

Quote from: GuvHog on July 11, 2016, 11:06:54 am
A&M returns almost every starter on defense just like the Hogs so be careful about selling them short.

They allowed over 5 yards a play and 380 yards per game for the season.  Pardon me if that doesn't worry me about who they return.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Atlhogfan1

A&M will have probably the best pass rusher in college football and enough talent to beat any team in the conference.  They are Aggies and will screw up.  Just hope they do it a little earlier this season.

wholehog92

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 11:22:55 am
A&M will have probably the best pass rusher in college football and enough talent to beat any team in the conference.  They are Aggies and will screw up.  Just hope they do it a little earlier this season.

Who also lost two of their biggest contributors in the defensive backfield that gives their pass rusher time to make the sack.  I'm not saying they aren't talented and good enough to beat people.  I'm just saying their defense is going to have to carry more than there share and historically, they haven't shown the ability to do it.

bigdaddyhawg

Something about lemmings running off a cliff en masse comes to mind.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 11:13:36 am
I would be surprised if the Hogs won the division or finished 2nd or failed to make a bowl.  Mildly surprised to finish 3rd or 7th. 

Interesting every 3 seasons pattern with AU that puts them due to for another big season. 
2004 13-0 finished ranked #2
2007 9-4 finished ranked 14/15
2010 NC
2013 Lost NC to FSU
Hopefully the pattern is broken.

More than their pattern is broken down there.

But I'm sure the QB Guru that is Saint Gus won't fail to live up to his "Most Disappointing" moniker he claims in most years.

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 11, 2016, 11:27:59 am
Who also lost two of their biggest contributors in the defensive backfield that gives their pass rusher time to make the sack.  I'm not saying they aren't talented and good enough to beat people.  I'm just saying their defense is going to have to carry more than there share and historically, they haven't shown the ability to do it.
Until we don't give away a game to them like we have for two straight years, I'll worry about beating them.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 11:22:55 am

They don't have more talent than: Bama, LSU, or OM.  Probably not more than AU, either.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 11, 2016, 12:45:01 pm
They don't have more talent than: Bama, LSU, or OM.  Probably not more than AU, either.

No they don't.  Not what I was saying. 

Atlhogfan1

LSU didn't need amazing qb play to become and remain a national power.  They have needed competent qb play to the point the position wasn't a major liability.  LSU's defense needs to improve upon last season.  If it returns to the LSU defenses of their recent great teams, only competent qb play will be needed.

Addressed A&M a little.  We'll see what difference Trevor Knight makes.  They get Tenn, OM and LSU at home.  Wouldn't be too surprising to see them take out 1 of them and scare 1 or two of the others.

OM has the SEC's most proven returning qb.  Most teams still have question marks at qb.  That goes a long way to some of the predictions.  He's reckless but also a playmaker with some good wr's.  I think they are still way too soft running the ball and lost a little too much on D.  They have to go to Fay and BR in back to back weeks after playing UGa and Bama at home in back to back weeks in Sept.  I would think they would need to win 3 of 4 of those to be in real contention when they go to College Station in Nov. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 11, 2016, 10:55:59 am
We finish no lower than 3rd this year.

Hey.
I know You!
You're name is Homer Fanny!

No better than 3rd.
No worse than 6th.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 11, 2016, 12:44:02 pm
More than their pattern is broken down there.

But I'm sure the QB Guru that is Saint Gus won't fail to live up to his "Most Disappointing" moniker he claims in most years.

A commonality with AU's "up" seasons have been returning experienced olines and some disruptive dlines.  They will have 3 OL starters back this season and should be deep on the dline.  They are going to have to find a qb and wr's.  Their defense may end up pretty good if they can find some LB's.  That schedule though...Clemson, A&M and LSU in the first four weeks and then 3 of their last 5 at UGa, at OM and at Bama. 

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Karma on July 11, 2016, 10:06:11 am
But after Alabama and LSU, its bunched up.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/national-media-picks-champion-order-of-finish-in-sec-country-poll

1. Alabama
2. Ole Miss
3. TAM
4. LSU
5. Arkansas
6. Auburn
7. MSU (if MSU beats AU in the Patch then reverse these).

Auburn has no QB.  I mean NO qb.  They weren't much last year and I just don't see much of an improvement yet.  Has Gus fooled everyone by simply winning with the previous staff's players?

TAM is the real head scratcher.  If they get any QB play out of Knight they could be 2-3. 

LSU was a train wreck at the end of 15.  What has changed?   

Bama deserves to be 1 but they have QB issues too.

Our schedule out of the blocks is just silly.  Florida State, Bama and Georgia in the first 4 weeks.  Brutal.  Biggest game for us is UGA.  It is a swing game for the rest of season.  If we're 1-2 at UGA, it's a huge game.  Same if we're 3-0. 

Hogs will be ok with Allen.  To me though the key is OL and RB.  Dangerously thin at both positions.  Sure don't look forward to coming to Fay to play (my son already has us tickets...)   You seem to have our number.  Hopefully this year will be different! Hogs could be anywhere from 3-6 depending on the offense.

MSU sucks.  Of course no bias here.  ;-)   But they haven't recruited well and have no SEC backfield (RB's or QB's) and their OL was terrible down the stretch.  They lose to AU and they sit home at bowl time.  :-)

Screw baseball, lets' get the season started!

Thanks,
KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

The Hogfather

It is all historical + recruiting rankings.

I like your thoughts.  To me, if Austin Allen can be above average, we can be very, very good.

I laugh every year when people predict LSU's QB situation to drastically improve because ____________ has another year under his belt.  _____________ finally has it figured out.

Ha!  I'll believe it when I see it.

Hogs run wild

we have too many unknowns. don't know how QB, RB, O-line, special teams, and the defense will be this year. i'm cautiously optimistic.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 11, 2016, 01:19:01 pm

I like your thoughts.  To me, if Austin Allen can be above average, we can be very, very good.

I laugh every year when people predict LSU's QB situation to drastically improve because ____________ has another year under his belt.  _____________ finally has it figured out.

LSU must get out of the gate fast.  Lose to Wisconsin in Lambeau and the natives will quickly become restless. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Atlhogfan1

I think Allen can be as I have some trust in Enos and the fact he has gotten to work with our qb's for a season and an offseason and the talent returning at WR and TE.  Not sure about the very, very good.  Certainly understand what outsiders see:  new qb, no proven RB depth, OLine shakeup.  Defensively, we have to show a willingness and ability to actually cover receivers and not look totally ill prepared and lost against spread teams and allow them to do whatever they want offensively with ease.  Rhoads was a good hire and hopefully the extremely large soft spots in coverage with our secondary and LB's will shrink.  But certainly reasonable for an outsider to doubt and take the we'll believe it when we see it approach to our defense. 

Who is predicting LSU's QB situation will be drastically improved? 

wholehog92

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 12:59:43 pm
LSU didn't need amazing qb play to become and remain a national power.  They have needed competent qb play to the point the position wasn't a major liability.  LSU's defense needs to improve upon last season.  If it returns to the LSU defenses of their recent great teams, only competent qb play will be needed.

Addressed A&M a little.  We'll see what difference Trevor Knight makes.  They get Tenn, OM and LSU at home.  Wouldn't be too surprising to see them take out 1 of them and scare 1 or two of the others.

OM has the SEC's most proven returning qb.  Most teams still have question marks at qb.  That goes a long way to some of the predictions.  He's reckless but also a playmaker with some good wr's.  I think they are still way too soft running the ball and lost a little too much on D.  They have to go to Fay and BR in back to back weeks after playing UGa and Bama at home in back to back weeks in Sept.  I would think they would need to win 3 of 4 of those to be in real contention when they go to College Station in Nov. 

That's fair.  At least you put some thought into it.

LSU's D wasn't terrible.  It's comparatively easy to go from 380 yards per game to say 347 yards per game vs going from 347 to 276 yards per game.  If you are going to rely on defense to win you a championship, that's the level of Bama's defensive play last year at 276 and LSU's at 347.  And for my A & M loving friends at 380.  LSU has made the easy ground up.  Improvement from here gets difficult.  According to the way the NCAA ranks team stats, they were #2 in the west already. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2016/team/22  That says they are going to have to be better at defense than Bama to improve where you think they can do any better.  I think Harris puts too much pressure on their D for them to improve much at all.

A & M's schedule is their best attribute.  Their locker room is a dumpster fire, their roster is as close to completely turning over as it gets.  That's when you need your locker room to be solid.

Ol Miss does have a returning QB that is decent and very good WR coprs.  That high powered QB is missing his two offensive tackles and a guard that were damn good last year.

I think we'll be fighting with LSU, Ol Miss for 2,3,&4.  A & M will end up fighting with Auburn for 5 and 6.  They have state and bama in the right spot for sure.  Maybe LSU and Ol Miss, but they could be reversed and a spot down each too.

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 01:27:38 pm

Who is predicting LSU's QB situation will be drastically improved? 

I do every year, thinking they can't be any worse, but thankfully they keep proving me wrong, haha.

wholehog92

As far as we go, our O line needs to come together early to give Austin some confidence and we need one or two of our RBs to make some plays.  Austin is likely to make some mistakes.  I'm just hoping he makes enough good plays to end up in the net positive by the end of the year.  Obviously if he does well as you say, we will be very good.

I've never thought of Les Miles as a QB developer for some reason.  Perhaps it's his history.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 11, 2016, 01:31:11 pm

LSU's D wasn't terrible.  It's comparatively easy to go from 380 yards per game to say 347 yards per game vs going from 347 to 276 yards per game.  If you are going to rely on defense to win you a championship, that's the level of Bama's defensive play last year at 276 and LSU's at 347.  And for my A & M loving friends at 380.  LSU has made the easy ground up.  Improvement from here gets difficult.  According to the way the NCAA ranks team stats, they were #2 in the west already. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2016/team/22  That says they are going to have to be better at defense than Bama to improve where you think they can do any better.  I think Harris puts too much pressure on their D for them to improve much at all.

A & M's schedule is their best attribute.  Their locker room is a dumpster fire, their roster is as close to completely turning over as it gets.  That's when you need your locker room to be solid.

Ol Miss does have a returning QB that is decent and very good WR coprs.  That high powered QB is missing his two offensive tackles and a guard that were damn good last year.

I think we'll be fighting with LSU, Ol Miss for 2,3,&4.  A & M will end up fighting with Auburn for 5 and 6.  They have state and bama in the right spot for sure.  Maybe LSU and Ol Miss, but they could be reversed and a spot down each too.

LSU's D wasn't terrible.  In that 3 game stretch of Bama-Hogs-OM, they weren't great enough to overcome their passing game like some of their past teams could have.  They return a loaded secondary.  Also Malachi Dupre.  I talked about some of AU's good teams strengths earlier.  When LSU has been great, they have had eventual NFL talent at DB and WR.  They return 18 starters off of a 9-3 team(would have been 10-3 if not for the McNeese cancellation) and did end up beating A&M and TT to end last season.  I thought going into last season they were a season away.  But like much of the SEC, I agree with the doubt because of qb play.  I'm just not going to underestimate them.  They aren't far off from being a great team.  Their schedule may have been eased a little by OM moving into mid Oct and getting a bye afterwards before Bama vs the gauntlet they ended up with last season.  Playing at Fay in Nov for them is rarely ever going to be easy.  Hope it will be at night and frigid again. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 12:47:00 pm
No they don't.  Not what I was saying. 

Okay, see what you were saying.

But, really, doesn't every team in the SECW have the talent to beat anybody?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 11, 2016, 01:15:29 pm

1. Alabama
2. Ole Miss
3. TAM
4. LSU
5. Arkansas
6. Auburn
7. MSU (if MSU beats AU in the Patch then reverse these).

Auburn has no QB.  I mean NO qb.  They weren't much last year and I just don't see much of an improvement yet.  Has Gus fooled everyone by simply winning with the previous staff's players?

TAM is the real head scratcher.  If they get any QB play out of Knight they could be 2-3. 

LSU was a train wreck at the end of 15.  What has changed?   

Bama deserves to be 1 but they have QB issues too.

Our schedule out of the blocks is just silly.  Florida State, Bama and Georgia in the first 4 weeks.  Brutal.  Biggest game for us is UGA.  It is a swing game for the rest of season.  If we're 1-2 at UGA, it's a huge game.  Same if we're 3-0. 

Hogs will be ok with Allen.  To me though the key is OL and RB.  Dangerously thin at both positions.  Sure don't look forward to coming to Fay to play (my son already has us tickets...)   You seem to have our number.  Hopefully this year will be different! Hogs could be anywhere from 3-6 depending on the offense.

MSU sucks.  Of course no bias here.  ;-)   But they haven't recruited well and have no SEC backfield (RB's or QB's) and their OL was terrible down the stretch.  They lose to AU and they sit home at bowl time.  :-)

Screw baseball, lets' get the season started!

Thanks,
KevinOMReb

Good post.
Mostly agree.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 11, 2016, 01:45:28 pm
Okay, see what you were saying.

But, really, doesn't every team in the SECW have the talent to beat anybody?

Not always.  I have my doubts about MSU this season.  Hogs 2012 and 2013.  OM's 0fer before that. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 01:14:33 pm
A commonality with AU's "up" seasons have been returning experienced olines and some disruptive dlines.  They will have 3 OL starters back this season and should be deep on the dline.  They are going to have to find a qb and wr's.  Their defense may end up pretty good if they can find some LB's.  That schedule though...Clemson, A&M and LSU in the first four weeks and then 3 of their last 5 at UGa, at OM and at Bama. 

You left out a QB who is a true dual threat QB.  They won't have that this fall.  They will struggle because of it.

SemperHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on July 11, 2016, 10:51:23 am
i wouldn't be at all surprised if the Hogs finish 3rd or 4th but I would be very surprised if they finish last in the SEC West.
I am certainly not predicting we finish last or anything, just simply saying it wouldn't shock me.  This is the SEC West and we are breaking in a new starting QB.... Tough schedule, couple of bad breaks/injuries it could easily happen.  If we were in any other conference or even the SEC East I would say not a chance, but in the West its entirely possible.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 11, 2016, 01:47:40 pm
You left out a QB who is a true dual threat QB.  They won't have that this fall.  They will struggle because of it.

Depends on who Gus chooses.  If it isn't White, he may especially if the JC transfer can be an okay passer.  He is fast and has running ability.  If Gus can make an effective enough passer out of him through scheme, he may end up with a dangerous qb again. 

AU's last two great seasons certainly had the impact of a DT QB.  Tubs teams not necessarily. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 11, 2016, 01:25:39 pm
LSU must get out of the gate fast.  Lose to Wisconsin in Lambeau and the natives will quickly become restless.

Wisky will not be very good this year. 

KevinOMReb

Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Paul

Phil Steele said we he had our record being between 9-3 & 5-7.  I'd buy Hog stock. :razorback:

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Paul on July 11, 2016, 02:36:30 pm
Phil Steele said we he had our record being between 9-3 & 5-7.  I'd buy Hog stock. :razorback:

In other words, Steele said "Hell if I know" like the rest of us.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 11, 2016, 01:31:11 pm

I like the way you think.  I'll be keeping an eye on you.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 01:50:33 pm
Depends on who Gus chooses.  If it isn't White, he may especially if the JC transfer can be an okay passer.  He is fast and has running ability.  If Gus can make an effective enough passer out of him through scheme, he may end up with a dangerous qb again. 

All indication are he makes Kiehl Frazier look like Tom Brady.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 01:46:37 pm
Not always.  I have my doubts about MSU this season.  Hogs 2012 and 2013.  OM's 0fer before that. 

I wasn't saying historically, but I got your point.

IMO MSU might sneak up on some people.  I would put them down near the bottom with AU, but I have more confidence in Mullen to get a servicable QB that I do Gus.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on July 11, 2016, 12:59:43 pm

5-3 last year. meh. same for them. Losses to Hogs, Bama, and somebody else.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 11, 2016, 02:48:34 pm
5-3 last year. meh. same for them. Losses to Hogs, Bama, and somebody else.

Possibly.  Wouldn't be surprising.  Schedule is more manageable though.  No back to back road games all season and OM and Bama at home.