Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$2 million from Michigan: Let's use it to start renovations on the West Side!

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, July 07, 2016, 03:12:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

I am tired of the West Side still looking like an erector set.  When the North End Zone is done, it will look even worse.  Let's put Michigan money to work!

ricepig

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2016, 03:14:26 pm
Put it in some nice Italian bank's stock until we need it?
wager it against british pounds sterling?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

SDZ_Hog

We could use it like most of the other West teams would use it. 

HogPharmer

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on July 07, 2016, 03:28:02 pm
We could use it like most of the other West teams would use it.

On new players? Can we add that right in to the team's salary cap?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

King Kong

It would probably cost more than 2 million to do that. When you are taking about stadium renovation 2 mill doesn't get you very far anymore.

It may cost us more that 2 million to pay someone else to play us for 2 seasons

Seebs

Quote from: King Kong on July 07, 2016, 03:40:55 pm
It would probably cost more than 2 million to do that. When you are taking about stadium renovation 2 mill doesn't get you very far anymore.

It may cost us more that 2 million to pay someone else to play us for 2 seasons

I lieu of Robert Shields columns - your comment to the OP brings forth -
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

parallaxpig

Go to west side parking lot and pass the hat......their is plenty of money parked there to do your renovation.  Also their the only ones who see that side of stadium............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HogPharmer

Quote from: parallaxpig on July 07, 2016, 04:50:38 pm
Go to west side parking lot and pass the hat......their is plenty of money parked there to do your renovation.  Also their the only ones who see that side of stadium............

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogPharmer on July 07, 2016, 05:06:33 pm
I say we take the 2 mil and start a message board named grammar-hogville. We could pay all the English teachers on here a healthy stipend. It would defiantly keep the threads on track and we wouldn't have to read through English lessons on a Razorback message board. It's a win-win.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on July 07, 2016, 05:18:32 pm
I say we take the 2 mil and start a message board named grammar-hogville. We could pay all the English teachers on here a healthy stipend. It would defiantly keep the threads on track and we wouldn't have to read through English lessons on a Razorback message board. It's a win-win.

Whew, I was afraid you were going to say it was a when-when......

HogPharmer

Either that or we could bring back Robert Shields and pay him to teach the grammar lessons.

majestic

Defiantly wood.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

bulldog04

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2016, 03:14:26 pm
Put it in some nice Italian bank's stock until we need it?
I hear Dinars are a good investment 😃

ricepig

Quote from: bulldog04 on July 07, 2016, 05:21:50 pm
I hear Dinars are a good investment 😃

I think that market has been cornered. However, I could probably be persuaded to let you in on some if you are willing to invest today!

PonderinHog

You don't have to get all abstinent about it.

Razorback_Mack

Razorback_Mack

After all, people come to this board to touch up on their English. You know, they're probably 20-50 year old males that sat through at least 10-12 years of English classes not paying attention. I mean they loathed them. They just didn't care at all. However, when they come to talk about dem' hogs they want to educate themselves. This place is kinda like the great awakening of grammar.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogPharmer on July 07, 2016, 05:21:07 pm
Either that or we could bring back Robert Shields and pay him to teach the grammar lessons.

I'm thinking pay him to stay away..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longpig

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on July 07, 2016, 05:36:36 pm
After all, people come to this board to touch up on their English. You know, they're probably 20-50 year old males that sat through at least 10-12 years of English classes not paying attention. I mean they loathed them. They just didn't care at all. However, when they come to talk about dem' hogs they want to educate themselves. This place is kinda like the great awakening of grammar.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: parallaxpig on July 07, 2016, 04:50:38 pm

I find the "grammatical displacement" here quite humorous. Perhaps we should call it a "vernacular parallax".

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

greasy_corner

We could spend a few bucks on adding a new item to the concession menus in the stadiums ...

"The Harbaugh Chicken Sandwich"

Hogfaniam

Quote from: greasy_corner on July 07, 2016, 10:28:07 pm
We could spend a few bucks on adding a new item to the concession menus in the stadiums ...

Ptb, make it so.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ricepig

While I don't care about Harbaugh, Michigan, or ND, I doubt very seriously if Harbaugh was afraid to play Arkansas, haha. It was about money and prestige to them, an old rivalry that will garner more headlines than playing the Hogs.

SultanofSwine

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: majestic on July 07, 2016, 05:21:12 pm
Defiantly wood.

Thinking about stacking all my firewood to look like a front-facing Hog. Wonder what it wood look like?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hawganatic

Back to the original message in the thread, the 2 mill will probably be used to entice another P5 school to come to Fayetteville so we can fill the hole in the schedule.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Paul Swinebaum

2 milyen prolly wood knot dew the jerb.

younghog

We do need to find another Power 5 School to play..  1 power 5 Game against non SEC school.. Per new SEC requirement.
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: younghog on July 08, 2016, 12:48:01 pm
We do need to find another Power 5 School to play..  1 power 5 Game against non SEC school.. Per new SEC requirement.

And.......we can ask for a waiver if needed.

younghog

Quote from: ricepig on July 08, 2016, 01:17:17 pm
And.......we can ask for a waiver if needed.

True .. however "Long said he had no intention of filing a waiver until all possibilities have been exhausted."
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: younghog on July 08, 2016, 02:19:02 pm
True .. however "Long said he had no intention of filing a waiver until all possibilities have been exhausted."

Didn't say he planned on it, just adding that to your post which implied we had to schedule a P5.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Paul Swinebaum on July 08, 2016, 12:17:24 pm
2 milyen prolly wood knot dew the jerb.

No, but it would be a nice down payment on the currently scheduled renovations/ "expansion" (if you want to call it that)

That would quiet down some of the people saying it is a bad move to spend this money at this time.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 08, 2016, 02:37:31 pm
No, but it would be a nice down payment on the currently scheduled renovations/ "expansion" (if you want to call it that)

That would quiet down some of the people saying it is a bad move to spend this money at this time.

Buy a few Mega Millions tix.

maggiesue

Send it over to Arkansas @ Ft. Smith and they can use it to start a flag football team and hire the "Nutsack" brothers (Dale and Danny) to coach it and but Sonic tater tots and slushes with it.

The Great Hambino

OLDHOG

PonderinHog

How about a roller coaster ride attached to all the structural steel and charge admission and donate all the money to akadimix!

ricepig

chaz

Like coke
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 09, 2016, 01:19:19 pm
How about a roller coaster ride attached to all the structural steel and charge admission and donate all the money to akadimix!

H.E. Pennypacker is "all in".

Mike Irwin

A west side improvement project would probably cost as much as the current project. Two million dollars wouldn't cover the planning phase.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 10, 2016, 09:27:11 am
A west side improvement project would probably cost as much as the current project. Two million dollars wouldn't cover the planning phase.

$160M for some bricks??  I don't think people were talking about a West side club, just some exterior brick work and a bigger concourse.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2016, 09:30:18 am
$160M for some bricks??  I don't think people were talking about a West side club, just some exterior brick work and a bigger concourse.

Bricks? You get more coverage by using this for $9.38 a panel...

http://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/090489/090489200886.jpg
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 10, 2016, 09:27:11 am

Things do cost much more nowadays but IIRC there are or were also issues with the highway designation wasn't there?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi